Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 521 to 540 of 733

Tasuki

I am replaying OoT on the Zelda's Collector Disc for the Gamecube and I cant tell you how many times I have had it happen to me. If there is one thing bad about this game its the fact that I cant rotate the camera how I want it to be.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

komicturtle

Great video!

Did you get a chance to speak with the amazing Alison?

komicturtle

FubumblR

Impressive, most impressive work this game is! Bravo! Nintendo, and triple-Bravo! to those at Grezzo! Will you please work your magic on Quest 64, Castlevania 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Majora's Mask, and, well, I could go on, and on, and on, and on. KTHNXBYE! Seriously, though, I love the short-angle gyroscopic camera control while holding 'L.' It's even more fun to hold 'L' and run and still be able to slightly gyroscope the camera angle! Excellent!

WiiU MUST have another Baten Kaitos iteration, certainly!

3DS Friend Code: 0946-2231-5194 | Nintendo Network ID: FubumblR | Twitter:

SteamMistwalker

ok i just picked up my copy of oot and just so u know i have not played it once since i beat the original when it first came out on n64.

All i can say is WOW, the game is amazing ! its fast! fresh! sharp! the 3d in it is just mind bogling!!! i am in the deku tree. and now iam going back in! enjoy u guys!

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

warioswoods

I broke down and picked this up last night. sigh I didn't have any particular interest in replaying the basic OoT again — as I just did so on the VC a couple years ago and it's far from my favorite entry in the series — but I had to see how they'd handle the upgrades, 3D effect, and gyro controls, since this is the first big adventure release from Nintendo for the 3DS.

I have to say that it looks absolutely beautiful. I was expecting only minor visual upgrades from the screenshots, but in fact the graphical engine here is light years ahead of the original N64 release. Everything has a smooth texture, soft glow, and clean animation. The 3D, of course, is amazing, and makes it feel like a real world behind the screen, particularly when using the gyro controls to look around (that's my favorite part of the game at this point - just looking around in every room or location).

One neat addition that I've not seen mentioned is that you can also shift the perspective using gyro controls while walking, if you hold down the L trigger but don't lock onto a particular target. That's very convenient; I can be walking into a room and panning the camera up, down, or slightly to the side to see what awaits.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Eel

got news from amazon regarding Zelda OoT 3D!

People buying the game now will get a second game for half the price.
People like me who bought the game before the offer (aka preordered it) get a $20 credit toward the purchase of a qualifying Nintendo 3DS game shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 9/30/2011.

The qualifying games are all worth $40 so it is pretty much the same offer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dynetheous

about to play master quest! tho i feel bad since i didn't get everything in the regular mode, i guess after i beat master quest ill go back..

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Tylr

Has anyone tried standing at the top of that look-out tower in Kakariko and looking down with the 3D on? It's just...wow, shows the realism of the 3D to the max.

Edited on by Tylr

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

Chris720

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

God I laughed so hard when Daruian started dancing around! Love Saria's Song too. It's so cool. It sounds mystical,cheerful, and relaxing. I'm currently in Juba Juba's (I can't really remember his name right now so sorry if that's not it.) belly! This game is great. I'm really enjoying it.

I think Juba Juba's right, can't remember either lol. Even to this day, I'm still amazed that Juba Juba's stomach is that big! It's a whole dungeon in his mouth and stomach. I mean, there's even treasure chests, switches, plants (at least it looks like plants) and creepy crawlies, what a mighty fine intelligent design! Good job! (if you know what movie that's from, that's 10 cookies for you)

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

You people enjoying your rehash N64 game.
The 3DS has such a poor line-up of games that you are force to repeat a game you already played.
Pretty pathetic.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Chris720

LordJumpMad wrote:

You people enjoying your rehash N64 game.
The 3DS has such a poor line-up of games that you are force to repeat a game you already played.
Pretty pathetic.

Go away Jack Tretton you noob. Also, Link pwns you... both in the future and the present and even the past...

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Chris720

To be honest, I don't know why he isn't dead yet... need to tell the Zora's to stop feeding him jellyfish, it's not good... for us when we have to go in there and fish out a girl that then wants to... I won't spoil it for you. :3

YouTube

pikku

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I CAN'T GET THE LAST 3 DAMN CHICKENS!!! >:T
I've tried nearly everything! DX Now back to the game. Going to try to figure it out one last time.
EDIT: Nevermind, turns out you don't need to do that to advance...Took me forever to get out of Kakariko village >.>...

Just to let you know, you need bombs to get one of them.
I'm so proud of myself, this is the first time I've ever found all of them, and I didn't even use a guide! xP

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Chris720

pikmaniac04 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I've tried nearly everything! DX Now back to the game. Going to try to figure it out one last time.
EDIT: Nevermind, turns out you don't need to do that to advance...Took me forever to get out of Kakariko village >.>...

I'm so proud of myself, this is the first time I've ever found all of them, and I didn't even use a guide! xP~

You need a bomb, orly now? I used a good ol' roll attack. :3 Still annoys me that I have to go running around for all these dam blasted chickens just for an... spoiler for those who might be new when it could simply have been a heart container or something. :/

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

pikku

xDemon720x wrote:

pikmaniac04 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm so proud of myself, this is the first time I've ever found all of them, and I didn't even use a guide! xP~

You need a bomb, orly now? I used a good ol' roll attack. :3

Oh, really? what about the one in the crate?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.