Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 221 to 240 of 734

RoyalBlur

Man, I think the BEST video games in all of history that deal with Medieval Fantasy themes are Dragonica, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Sierra's The Hobbit.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TeeJay

Everything looks so much brighter and happier! I wonder if it goes back to the old color scheme when Link gets older and Hyrule is ruled by Ganondorf. That would be fitting.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Funky_Gamer

Wow... I've never been a Zelda fan, but OMG I gotta admit, I am pretty hyped for this! Its gonna be my first Zelda game (aside from the one on VC on the Wii). Can't wait!

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

LzWinky

@Link-Hero: I think that was the idea of the updated graphics

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Lies! This game isn't real! Stop spreading blasphemy!

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Highwinter

WaveBoy wrote:

I love how OOT 3DS looks more colorful and brighter. Hell, Link's limish green clothing makes me happier.
I never wan't Zelda to go in the style of Twilight Princess again...Well, at least color wise with the ugly muddy brown and dirty greens.

In fairness, what I most remember OoT for was it's darkness. It was a very weirdly dark and disturbing game and the bright colours look like they might take some of that away. But it still looks very beautiful, as does Skyward Sword, which is already looking to be a huge improvement over Twilight Princess

As far as I'm concerned, this game marks the real launch of the 3DS.

Highwinter

bonesy91

Highwinter wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I love how OOT 3DS looks more colorful and brighter. Hell, Link's limish green clothing makes me happier.
I never wan't Zelda to go in the style of Twilight Princess again...Well, at least color wise with the ugly muddy brown and dirty greens.

In fairness, what I most remember OoT for was it's darkness. It was a very weirdly dark and disturbing game and the bright colours look like they might take some of that away. But it still looks very beautiful, as does Skyward Sword, which is already looking to be a huge improvement over Twilight Princess

As far as I'm concerned, this game marks the real launch of the 3DS.

True, in it's original it was a very dark game (was playing it last week when I noticed that) and yes they probably will take away from that (though I have yet to see the inside of most of the temples) but then again we have only seen screen shots.
and yes I agree! Skyward sword looks amazing and 100% better than Twilight princess (way way too much brown)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

komicturtle

The game looks as if it is an HD remake (just like Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark on XBLA). I'm digging the fact they retained the look and are making the characters look exactly like the concept art. Having Master Quest sold me to this game indefinitely as I never got a chance to play that. Man.. I see my self sitting down and playing my 3DS for hours and hours once this game arrives. SFIV and Pilotwings haven't given me that feeling this game surely will. And then Starfox 64, another amazing looking remake.

komicturtle

fishman100

The thing that attracts me to this game so much is that it's really long.
3 dungeons (for the pendants).
Then 8 more for the medallions.
And then Ganon's castle.

I think ALTTP was longer, but this in my opinion is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

When I heard that they were remaking this for a handheld, I pretty much resisted the urge to hop on the nearest plane to Japan and rob Nintendo (before it was announced that it was developed by someone else )

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

kkslider5552000

fishman100 wrote:

The thing that attracts me to this game so much is that it's really long.
3 dungeons (for the pendants).
Then 8 more for the medallions.
And then Ganon's castle.

...but it's not any longer than any other 3D Zelda (well maybe the required stuff compared to MM and WW)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

fishman100

Dungeonwise yes it is.

However, you are right about MM and WW. Not that many dungeons, but there's still a whole lot of stuff you need to do

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

romulux

Highwinter wrote:

In fairness, what I most remember OoT for was it's darkness. It was a very weirdly dark and disturbing game and the bright colours look like they might take some of that away.

the environments are really not much brighter, they just have more color thanks to the moss and greenish tinge added in. it's only link's character model that looks much brighter, but as you can see from the concept art that's how he was supposed to look from the beginning.

in darker lighting situations he's not so bright looking. the extra draw distance also makes it look less dark even though it's not because you can see more in the background:
Untitled
either way, those shots make me feel like i'll never be able to play the original again after the remake.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AENIGMA

I hope Nintendo puts the 3DS remake on a gold 3DS game card. Maybe a limited edition one like to original N64 cart.

Untitled

Edited on by AENIGMA

ÆNIGMA

TeeJay

Ahahahahaha! Funny Ad!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Doma wrote:

romulux wrote:

Untitled
either way, those shots make me feel like i'll never be able to play the original again after the remake.

I wouldn’t go that far… Other than the character models, you can’t really see any significant change. Those chains are actually worse in the 3DS pic, larger in size but still paper thin.

How do you know they're paper thin?

RoyalBlur

@Aenigma, that's a nice poster. Was that from an issue of Nintendo Power?

Also, I just had to share this nice poster with you guys!
Untitled

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.