Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 141 to 160 of 733

Z_Bone

Mickeymac wrote:

z wrote:

If a NES game in all its glory released today on a modern system it would not have anywhere near the impact it would have 25 years ago..

Mega Man 9 says hi.

But you're right standards do change, and everyone's tastes are different. Still, my standards are pretty low: I love a game for what it is, just for being a well-made game. Yet I still can't enjoy OoT anymore. Just some food for thought.

Trust me. I had MM 9 AND 10 in my mind when I wrote that. Those games were just a novekty. Of course they don't have the impact of the original MM.

Do the Mario!

Chrono_Cross

I`m not replying to your post because it made no sense what-so-ever.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Z_Bone

Lordy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'm inclined to disagree. I loved Ocarina of Time, but after a recent playthrough, I've forgotten what I liked about it. Sure, it was great for it's time, and Gameplaywise it has still held up, but I think that unless you were there, the charm just hasn't held up enough to shine through.

The same thing happened to me with OOT recently... when it came out, I thought it was the most amazing game I had ever played, but now I just don't get the same emotional level of enjoyment out of it.

@Z.Bone- I played about half of those games you just mentioned for the first time about a year ago (I wasn't around when they came out) and I was thoroughly impressed (especially with the old Castlevania games)

I understand your point, and I've felt the same way. I played Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG for the first time on VC. Two of the best games of all time. But I keep them in context of when they were made. How much more amazing would they have been if I played them when they first came out. This might be a bad example though, because these games are near flawless.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

Chrono Cross wrote:

I've honestly felt the same way about your posts. Your arguments don't even relate to what I'm saying.

Do the Mario!

Chrono_Cross

I never play a game and say "Oh well it's this good because it came out 15 years ago". I play games to have fun. I never feel generous to game because of the fact it came out said number of years ago and recognize the technological limitations. If a games good it's good no matter when it came out. End of story.

But when a game is overrated to the extreme like OoT, then it starts to look to bad to true gamers. I`m a gamer not a fanboy unlike most people on this forum. I admit to facts.

Just for you.

Chrono_Cross

Z.Bone wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I've honestly felt the same way about your posts. Your arguments don't even relate to what I'm saying.

Other than the fact that I`m answering your questions and pointing out facts? Okay.

Just for you.

Aviator

Z.Bone wrote:

Star Fox 64

Peppy is barrel rolling in his grave.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

jangonov

@chrono and z.Bone
C'mon guys. This is a decent forum that isn't filled with people arguing. It's why I come here and read stuff. Calm down and take it easy.

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

Go play fisticuffs somewhere else.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Z_Bone

Chrono Cross wrote:

I never play a game and say "Oh well it's this good because it came out 15 years ago". I play games to have fun. I never feel generous to game because of the fact it came out said number of years ago and recognize the technological limitations. If a games good it's good no matter when it came out. End of story.

But when a game is overrated to the extreme like OoT, then it starts to look to bad to true gamers. I`m a gamer not a fanboy unlike most people on this forum. I admit to facts.

Ocarina is the best game ever made. If it doesn't hold up as well in your eyes it's because it was a 3D trendsetter. Early 3d games don't hold up quite as well to 2d games usually. But if you'd rather play Spyro or Crash Bandicoot, you are indeed in the minority.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

Aviator wrote:

Go play fisticuffs somewhere else.

This argument was never my intention. I can't help I get attacked for making a simple post about liking ocarina. I guess I'm way out of line for that.

Edit: I'm sorry guys, for being a contributor in this stupid argument. Any argument based on opinions just turns ad hominem. I don't come here to make enemies.

Chrono, let's just agree to disagree. Arguments based on opinions are pointless.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

romulux

Z.Bone wrote:

I played Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG for the first time on VC. Two of the best games of all time. But I keep them in context of when they were made. How much more amazing would they have been if I played them when they first came out.

i grew up playing super metroid. it was by far my favorite game... and i like it better today. it was extremely cutting edge for a 16-bit game but rather than the graphics it was the atmosphere of the the art direction and music that made it great even on day one. good art doesn't age.

high quality art is something all nintendo games have in common, which is why their games tend to hold up well. ocarina of time is no exception, although i think it's monumental influence costs it some of it's appeal; after seeing so many games do the same thing but with slight improvements along the way, it feels a little dated. majora's mask is the worst offender, since without even leaving the n64 gen it's fuller visuals made ocarina look pretty barren, and in my own opinion majora's gameplay has held up better since very few games ever traveled in the same territory. while ocarina's mechanics have been used to death, majora's mask is still fresh in it's own little world.

it's still a very good game, but it's not as perfect as it seemed to be back then. i don't entirely see the point of the arguing over the past few pages, but i think both sides could agree that taking a great game that's aged a little and refreshing it to play better today is a good thing, right? i don't think anyone here honestly believes nintendo is going to screw the remake up, it seems to be the same charming old game, just with a little less of the 'old', so where's the problem?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

LzWinky

The fact that a game remains quite popular even after a couple of generations is a good feat. THIS is what makes Ocarina of Time good. It set the standard for a good action-adventure game similar to Goldeneye 007 setting the standard for the shooting genre (on the consoles anyway)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordJumpMad

CDi Zelda was better.

All who say No,

Must Die!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

romulux

^well excuse me, princess.

no, i'm not inserting the video.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

LordJumpMad

romulux wrote:

^well excuse me, princess.

yes, i'm inserting the video.

If you say so...
[youtube:FPxY8lpYAUM]

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Ack! Such trash should not be allowed on the discussion of such an awesome game (screw you haters!)

Jk

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JadeGirl

I have no clue why you guys are putting down OOT! I mean it might not be great as you want it to be, but I read the comic for OOT and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your not satisfied with the old one go read the comic until the new one comes out. Plus its not going to be greatest, how many years was that? Let me see ah yes that was in 1998 so look were in 2010 of course the game needs to be better and I'm sure the new OOT will be better, don't worry so much please. And I loved the story I was reading in the Book store, you guys should really read it!

And no one answered me on the OOT comic!

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

theblackdragon

@JadeGirl: again, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round, and not everyone is going to like the same things you do. calm down.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.