Forums

Topic: Ocarina of Time: More Beautiful Than Ever

Posts 121 to 137 of 137

MegaStoneSmash91

@gatygun: Those comparisons on that site are great, and where did that footage from the 3DS version come from anyway? It looks awesome! (and I love the new look of the Kokiri Sword, it doesn't look like a dagger anymore)

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Joeynator3000

Just thought of something horrifying about this game, guys....what will the Great Faeries look like? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kevohki

I'll buy this just to make sure Nintendo considers making Majora's Mask 3DS.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

LzWinky

kevohki wrote:

I'll buy this just to make sure Nintendo considers making Majora's Mask 3DS.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

I like the idea, I just dont want too many Nintendo Remakes

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Joeynator3000

Well crap....I was saying no to getting this game, but currently playing through OoT on the VC...I can't stop thinking about it, lol. They better add in a few new features and hidden dungeon for the remake! xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Arcanum

Those great fairies are gonna look hot

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Arcanum

gatygun wrote:

If 10 dudes on a forum doesn't like a game, that doesn't mean that nobody likes the game or even the majority.
I'm really shocked on the fact how people think really. its never never enought for some people. they just want more more more and even if they get everything, they still want more. People where already happy at the e3 with a simple remake instead it got graphical updates and full 3D. now they are bitching about how a remaked game should get ALOT more stuff to do............. while you really should see that as a bonus. If you dont like the play oot yet again. just dont buy it? wait for a new zelda to rise?.

Example:
Oot 3D
men 1 says: I don't like the graphics, i want super realistic graphics, I'm disappointed
men 2 says: i don't like the art style i want it like wind walker, I'm disappointed
men 3 says: I don't like the fact that a remake of oot = a remake of oot, because i want to play a complete new game with new dungeons but only named oot.
men 4 says: i don't want anything changed, i want how it looked on the n64, i don't want any change at all. i wanna experience it like people did 12 years ago
men 5: says: etc etc.

Everybody got there own opinion. at the end its a 'remake" of oot, the mainline of everything will be the same. they can add something with it or not. its all in there hands, Like the developer stated, i want to see link riding on his horse in hyrcile or however its called. in full 3D.
Thats the main reason, why it gets made simple. He can filter out the water temple problems and fix some graphics because of the limitation that the n64 had ( not the xbox360 ) the n64.

People ( including myself ) waited for it already in the DS age to come. it was 1 of the greatest games ever. but it never got released on the system. Now with the 3DS ( TONS ) of people are happy with it. it almost overshaded all other games besides metal gear solid for the 3DS, people where so hyped about oot etc etc. specially on a handheld and in stereo3D + graphical overhaul and some minor fixes, it was far more then anybody hoped how oot came on a handheld.

Now that alpha beta pictures seem to get released from the starting town / first dungeon, people are highly dissapointed in the graphics overall. why? did you expected metal gear solid shader like graphics from nintendo?
while they have litterly NO experience at all with shader games to start with? have you seen any other product they release on the 3DS? Not even 1 uses shaders besides kid iracus that uses 'some little really simple" shader stuff, which doesn't even come close towards resident evil/mgs shader usages ( lets not even talk about the wii/gc/n64 there is no shading at all).

That's why resident evil and metal gear solid look far beyond the quality of the games that nintendo releases. Nintendo first needs to get experience in shaders overall.

There best choice atm, is remaking the game in there old style + upgraded models and textures, make it full 3D and release it. Specially as a launch title. Experimenting with 3D is what they are going to do with this OOT version, I'm pretty much 100% sure that nintendo isn't even gonna bother for this title with shaders. Or els they would already do it for a 2 year in development game named kid iracus, which still doesn't uses any of available shader technology on it.

Nintendo started after the e3 with the development, while the main story/gameplay is already there. Its really hard for them to add / change stuff in order to not keep the fans happy. While mario DS did it, ALOT of people got disappointed, because they didn't liked the way the game changed. Still ALOT of people liked it. You always got haters and lovers. no matter what you do.

If you got heavy disappointed on how the game looks like ( in alpha stage ) you seriously need to stay of topics like nintendo has xbox 360 graphics now zelda will be on par with xbox 360 games. You wont see any nintendo game with full potention on shaders of the 3DS in the first 2 maybe even 3 years. Lets say about 3 generation of games need to pass before they actually start to apply them properly. There first challange is how to work with 3D.

Why did they go for a gpu with so much power + shader stuff, because they simple cant afford to slack on hardware again ( while maintaining battery life of course ) A lot of core developers need shaders in order to get some actual decent/good looking games on handhelds, alot of developers just dropped the DS because they simple couldn't release anything that needed quality 3d graphics. now with the 3DS its finally possible, and alot easyer for them to apply it. You see ALOT more developers atm, then you saw at the release of the DS.
Not to forget its a good platform, in order to practise for the new wii2 homeconsole, which isn't gona take to long from now until it gets announced, maybe already 2011, but i think 2012 will be the year for that.

.anyway to get a bit on topic.
here is a link that i posted on another forum ( its only dutch ) but you can see the pictures. ( it takes a while for loading ) it has video gif files etc. this is how n64 version and the pc emulated version looks like compared towards the 3ds:

normal copy past link

http://www.wiids.nl/topic.php?topicID=22734

a hyperlink

http://www.wiids.nl/topic.php?topicID=22734

THIS GUY ABSOLUTLEY NAILED IT!!!! i love you (not liteterally)

Currently playing:
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Arcanum

irken004 wrote:

Arcanum wrote:

Those great gorons are gonna look hot

Fixed. :3

?? wtf?.....

Currently playing:

Ravage

Arcanum wrote:

Those great gorons are gonna look hot

Glad to see we think alike! I was afraid I was the only one who that.
High five @Arcanum

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

romulux

gatygun wrote:

people are highly dissapointed in the graphics overall. why? did you expected metal gear solid shader like graphics from nintendo?
while they have litterly NO experience at all with shader games to start with?

That's why resident evil and metal gear solid look far beyond the quality of the games that nintendo releases. Nintendo first needs to get experience in shaders overall.

i agree with you aside from this point. nintendo could make games that look as good as anything else out there if they wanted to. it's absolutely not a matter of experience or talent. the reason ocarina of time looks like this is because it's faithful to the original, simple as that. does anyone really want hyper real metal gear/resident evil level shaders used in a charming old game like this?

they're sticking with the original code, taking the original visuals and doing what they can to improve them with the extra power. the fact that the 3DS has the ability to render near HD quality graphics doesn't mean that the zelda staff have to live up to that standard- looking at the concept art from the original, it's pretty clear that their goal is to fully realize the original vision (that the n64 couldn't). seriously, it looks just like those concept shots now.

compare it to cave story on wiiware. the fact that pixel didn't create new 1080p ultra realistic looking sprites using all the latest tools doesn't mean that he didn't have the talent to do it, it's that those things had no place in the game to begin with. same thing here. their target goal for the visuals is a 13 year old cartoon of link, not resident evil revelations.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Lazlow

Yeah, I going to pick this up for my bro. OOT was his favorite game back in the day. He's going to love playing a remake of this game.

Lazlow

Arcanum

Ravage wrote:

Arcanum wrote:

Those great fairies are gonna look hot

Glad to see we think alike! I was afraid I was the only one who that.
High five @Arcanum

High fives @ravage

Currently playing:

Arcanum

^

Currently playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.