Forums

Topic: Ocarina of Time: More Beautiful Than Ever

Posts 101 to 120 of 137

romulux

Mickeymac wrote:

Resident Evil? Hardly playable? I can do just fine in that game, and I find it to be a well aged classic, and this is coming from somebody who picked it up just last holloween.

maybe that's the problem. i grew up playing those games and, knowing what they were at the time, they have not held up well at all. but that's for a different thread.

looking back, my biggest problem with ocarina is how empty it feels after the condensed world of majora's mask. even today, majora gives you more tasks to do per square inch than any other zelda. ocarina of time in comparison is a series of giant but empty fields with a few scatterings of 2D bushes.

the scale of those areas was impressive back then but today you can see that they were shooting too much for quantity and not quality, stretching them to be as big as possible without any meaningful reason. now that their size alone isn't impressive anymore, i hope they do a little to liven things up those wide expanses to make them more interesting. anything involving epona would be great at using that space, like the alien attack in majora's mask.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

zezhyrule

Oh, why are y'all even arguing about this? If you want it, then get it, if your don't want it, then don't get it, simple!

I, for one, will be getting this, and it's the title that I mostly want for the 3DS. I don't care how much they make the graphics look better, and make the controls better, and the water temple easier, and add a lot of amazing stuff, I'll be getting it. There are many games I own multiple copies of, so why not one of the best games ever created?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

ByDarwinsBeard

xDemon720x wrote:

I see your points, but porting (or enhance porting) a game that is so awesome... it feels like your just zapping that awesome away from the original to push your port forward.

Can you at least wait until the final game is available before claiming that the upgrade ruin it? and it's not like the update immediately destroys any of the other versions of the game. If you prefer the original version of the game you have more than enough options for playing it.

This is sounding a lot like fans of a comic series or novel claiming that the film adaptation ruined it. I loved the His Dark Materials trilogy but thought the Golden Compass movie was ass, but I didn't whine about it because the books are still just as good as they've ever been. It's not the end of the world.

I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos,
in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky.
-Carl Sagan

PSN/XBL: ByDarwinsBeard
Monster Hunter Tri - Name: Panza - ID: NG5FJA

CanisWolfred

zezhroom wrote:

Oh, why are y'all even arguing about this? If you want it, then get it, if your don't want it, then don't get it, simple!

I, for one, will be getting this, and it's the title that I mostly want for the 3DS. I don't care how much they make the graphics look better, and make the controls better, and the water temple easier, and add a lot of amazing stuff, I'll be getting it. There are many games I own multiple copies of, so why not one of the best games ever created?

Because you're wasting money when you could just play the copy you already own...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ByDarwinsBeard

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

Because you're wasting money when you could just play the copy you already own...

I can't play any of the copies I currently own on the go. But yeah. thank you for deciding for the rest of us what we consider to be worth spending our money on. From now on I'm just going to contact you before making any sort of spending decision.

-Carl Sagan

lockelocke

i would've been more down with a majora's mask remake. with all the quests it just seems more suitable to a portable. you can destroy Ocarina in a couple days easy.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

CanisWolfred

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

I can't play any of the copies I currently own on the go. But yeah. thank you for deciding for the rest of us what we consider to be worth spending our money on. From now on I'm just going to contact you before making any sort of spending decision.

Your welcome. Always here to help.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Golgo

I think the graphical update is fantastic, while still retaining essence of the original. Having recently started playing Majora's Mask (and loving it), I got to say the visuals on the early 3D Zeldas don't hold up nearly as well as the 2D ones. LttP still looks fantastic IMHO.

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

LzWinky

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

You mean I can play the vastly outdated and obsolete version of a game? Sweet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

romulux

lockelocke wrote:

i would've been more down with a majora's mask remake.

i'd actually be less excited about that, even though it's my favorite zelda, mainly because it's too perfect on the VC. there's no room for improvement, so with a remake there'd be nothing to look forward to.

romulux

zezhroom wrote:

Haha, now you're arguing over what I said. Aren't gaming forums great?

that's kind of what happens when you contribute to an argument. would you rather be ignored?

Chris720

Wow, this is crazy... Also, playing the outdated and vastly inferior version feels more nostalgic and it always gives me a warm feeling inside. Remaking it with new graphics and nothing new (by what I see), that seems really pointless.

Also, MM remake would be nice, since Ninty haven't created remakes of MM... ever! Well except for in Zelda: Collector's Edition, but that's more of a port to be honest.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Chris720

Meh... OoT remake will sell well anyways, so no point in me buying it, especially when I own the originals of both MM and OoT.

And, even though they're old... you just can't kill a classic.

YouTube

Fuzzy

Hopefully we hear details of new additions to this game soon . I might give this game a run through today- keapora gaebora's theme has been playing in my head for some reason.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

ByDarwinsBeard

xDemon720x wrote:

Remaking it with new graphics and nothing new (by what I see), that seems really pointless.

All we've seen is a hand full of screen shots specifically framed to show very little and a very short bit of video footage. Hardly enough to make that call. I really doubt Nintendo is going to be doing a minor graphics upgrade without adding some other bonus. And what's pointless about having the game in a portable format with stereoscopic 3D?

-Carl Sagan

Chris720

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

Remaking it with new graphics and nothing new (by what I see), that seems really pointless.

All we've seen is a hand full of screen shots specifically framed to show very little and a very short bit of video footage. Hardly enough to make that call. I really doubt Nintendo is going to be doing a minor graphics upgrade without adding some other bonus. And what's pointless about having the game in a portable format with stereoscopic 3D?

Portability ain't everything, sir.

YouTube

LordJumpMad

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

These are only screen shots, so we havn't really seen the game can do.

Most people think its just a re-hash of OoT, just in 3D (The Funny thing is, that most people wanted OoT on the DS for a long time now, and Now we get it, no one wants it.)
But I Do think they are adding New stuff like; more Bossies, Items, More Side Quest, and an updated gameplay for Horse Back Riding/Fighting.

If You look at the pass Beta Version of OoT; They did wanted to add so much to it like Player hints and such.
Like; if your lost, someone who walk the same path as you did, will show his foot prints, as to where to go next.
I know theres a Video on it, but I can find it.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

gatygun

If 10 dudes on a forum doesn't like a game, that doesn't mean that nobody likes the game or even the majority.
I'm really shocked on the fact how people think really. its never never enought for some people. they just want more more more and even if they get everything, they still want more. People where already happy at the e3 with a simple remake instead it got graphical updates and full 3D. now they are bitching about how a remaked game should get ALOT more stuff to do............. while you really should see that as a bonus. If you dont like the play oot yet again. just dont buy it? wait for a new zelda to rise?.

Example:
Oot 3D
men 1 says: I don't like the graphics, i want super realistic graphics, I'm disappointed
men 2 says: i don't like the art style i want it like wind walker, I'm disappointed
men 3 says: I don't like the fact that a remake of oot = a remake of oot, because i want to play a complete new game with new dungeons but only named oot.
men 4 says: i don't want anything changed, i want how it looked on the n64, i don't want any change at all. i wanna experience it like people did 12 years ago
men 5: says: etc etc.

Everybody got there own opinion. at the end its a 'remake" of oot, the mainline of everything will be the same. they can add something with it or not. its all in there hands, Like the developer stated, i want to see link riding on his horse in hyrcile or however its called. in full 3D.
Thats the main reason, why it gets made simple. He can filter out the water temple problems and fix some graphics because of the limitation that the n64 had ( not the xbox360 ) the n64.

People ( including myself ) waited for it already in the DS age to come. it was 1 of the greatest games ever. but it never got released on the system. Now with the 3DS ( TONS ) of people are happy with it. it almost overshaded all other games besides metal gear solid for the 3DS, people where so hyped about oot etc etc. specially on a handheld and in stereo3D + graphical overhaul and some minor fixes, it was far more then anybody hoped how oot came on a handheld.

Now that alpha beta pictures seem to get released from the starting town / first dungeon, people are highly dissapointed in the graphics overall. why? did you expected metal gear solid shader like graphics from nintendo?
while they have litterly NO experience at all with shader games to start with? have you seen any other product they release on the 3DS? Not even 1 uses shaders besides kid iracus that uses 'some little really simple" shader stuff, which doesn't even come close towards resident evil/mgs shader usages ( lets not even talk about the wii/gc/n64 there is no shading at all).

That's why resident evil and metal gear solid look far beyond the quality of the games that nintendo releases. Nintendo first needs to get experience in shaders overall.

There best choice atm, is remaking the game in there old style + upgraded models and textures, make it full 3D and release it. Specially as a launch title. Experimenting with 3D is what they are going to do with this OOT version, I'm pretty much 100% sure that nintendo isn't even gonna bother for this title with shaders. Or els they would already do it for a 2 year in development game named kid iracus, which still doesn't uses any of available shader technology on it.

Nintendo started after the e3 with the development, while the main story/gameplay is already there. Its really hard for them to add / change stuff in order to not keep the fans happy. While mario DS did it, ALOT of people got disappointed, because they didn't liked the way the game changed. Still ALOT of people liked it. You always got haters and lovers. no matter what you do.

If you got heavy disappointed on how the game looks like ( in alpha stage ) you seriously need to stay of topics like nintendo has xbox 360 graphics now zelda will be on par with xbox 360 games. You wont see any nintendo game with full potention on shaders of the 3DS in the first 2 maybe even 3 years. Lets say about 3 generation of games need to pass before they actually start to apply them properly. There first challange is how to work with 3D.

Why did they go for a gpu with so much power + shader stuff, because they simple cant afford to slack on hardware again ( while maintaining battery life of course ) A lot of core developers need shaders in order to get some actual decent/good looking games on handhelds, alot of developers just dropped the DS because they simple couldn't release anything that needed quality 3d graphics. now with the 3DS its finally possible, and alot easyer for them to apply it. You see ALOT more developers atm, then you saw at the release of the DS.
Not to forget its a good platform, in order to practise for the new wii2 homeconsole, which isn't gona take to long from now until it gets announced, maybe already 2011, but i think 2012 will be the year for that.

.anyway to get a bit on topic.
here is a link that i posted on another forum ( its only dutch ) but you can see the pictures. ( it takes a while for loading ) it has video gif files etc. this is how n64 version and the pc emulated version looks like compared towards the 3ds:

normal copy past link

http://www.wiids.nl/topic.php?topicID=22734

a hyperlink

http://www.wiids.nl/topic.php?topicID=22734

gatygun

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.