3DS Forum

Topic: Ocarina of Time: More Beautiful Than Ever

Showing 101 to 120 of 141

AuthorMessage

Chris720

101. Posted:

I see your points, but porting (or enhance porting) a game that is so awesome... it feels like your just zapping that awesome away from the original to push your port forward.

I just don't like seeing amazing games being redone. I didn't mind it for the VC because they were releasing the original (albeit with a new control scheme), but revamping the whole thing... it hurts. :¦

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

romulux

102. Posted:

not many people were complaining when resident evil was redone on the gamecube. the original is hardly playable these days, while the remake is now maybe the very best old style resident evil. re4 and the prime games are also twice as good with a wiimote. i only see awesomeness being added, not subtracted by these re-rele... wiireleases.

(wiireleases is copyrighted, i came up with that.)

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

103. Posted:

romulux wrote:

not many people were complaining when resident evil was redone on the gamecube. the original is hardly playable these days, while the remake is now maybe the very best old style resident evil. re4 and the prime games are also twice as good with a wiimote. i only see awesomeness being added, not subtracted by these re-rele... wiireleases.

Rereleases if done right can be awesome. And sometimes games don't age so well, graphics or control schemes seem great at the time, but when you go back to play it, they almost hurt the more than help it. There are some games that look so bad nowadays or the control scheme is so backwards to what we are now spoiled with that they feel archaic and in need of updating.

I have the problem is when they only update to cash in on a game and it fails, like the Twin Snakes...inferior to the original in almost every way. So it looks slightly prettier, but the mood and atmosphere is now gone. Sometimes good games should be left as good games.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

104. Posted:

romulux wrote:

Resident Evil? Hardly playable? I can do just fine in that game, and I find it to be a well aged classic, and this is coming from somebody who picked it up just last holloween. I think I like it even more than the remake. If you wanna talk hardly playable, lets take it a look at Super Mario 64 DS and its horrible controls and broken camera that seems to laugh at your expense every time it guides you into a lava pit that it conveniently hid from you until it was too late.

But I digress. The only thing people should be complaining about are the seeming lack of new features. It seems Nintendo is content with selling us the same game most of us have already played, except now on the go (except the game isn't very well suited for portable gaming as is) now in 3D (does it really matter in this case?) and with slightly polished up graphics that took a keen eye and directly compared screenshots to even notice. Personally, I'm not buying. I've already got Ocarina, and if I ever get the random urge to play it, the copy I already have will more than suffice(especially since my copy also has Master Quest on it). Unless someone can direct me to some new feature or location that might tempt me to drop however much they're asking for on it, I ain't buying.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

romulux

105. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Resident Evil? Hardly playable? I can do just fine in that game, and I find it to be a well aged classic, and this is coming from somebody who picked it up just last holloween.

maybe that's the problem. i grew up playing those games and, knowing what they were at the time, they have not held up well at all. but that's for a different thread.

looking back, my biggest problem with ocarina is how empty it feels after the condensed world of majora's mask. even today, majora gives you more tasks to do per square inch than any other zelda. ocarina of time in comparison is a series of giant but empty fields with a few scatterings of 2D bushes.

the scale of those areas was impressive back then but today you can see that they were shooting too much for quantity and not quality, stretching them to be as big as possible without any meaningful reason. now that their size alone isn't impressive anymore, i hope they do a little to liven things up those wide expanses to make them more interesting. anything involving epona would be great at using that space, like the alien attack in majora's mask.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

106. Posted:

Oh, why are y'all even arguing about this? If you want it, then get it, if your don't want it, then don't get it, simple!

I, for one, will be getting this, and it's the title that I mostly want for the 3DS. I don't care how much they make the graphics look better, and make the controls better, and the water temple easier, and add a lot of amazing stuff, I'll be getting it. There are many games I own multiple copies of, so why not one of the best games ever created?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

ByDarwinsBeard

107. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

I see your points, but porting (or enhance porting) a game that is so awesome... it feels like your just zapping that awesome away from the original to push your port forward.

Can you at least wait until the final game is available before claiming that the upgrade ruin it? and it's not like the update immediately destroys any of the other versions of the game. If you prefer the original version of the game you have more than enough options for playing it.

This is sounding a lot like fans of a comic series or novel claiming that the film adaptation ruined it. I loved the His Dark Materials trilogy but thought the Golden Compass movie was ass, but I didn't whine about it because the books are still just as good as they've ever been. It's not the end of the world.

I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos,
in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky.
-Carl Sagan

PSN/XBL: ByDarwinsBeard
Monster Hunter Tri - Name: Panza - ID: NG5FJA

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

108. Posted:

zezhroom wrote:

Oh, why are y'all even arguing about this? If you want it, then get it, if your don't want it, then don't get it, simple!

I, for one, will be getting this, and it's the title that I mostly want for the 3DS. I don't care how much they make the graphics look better, and make the controls better, and the water temple easier, and add a lot of amazing stuff, I'll be getting it. There are many games I own multiple copies of, so why not one of the best games ever created?

Because you're wasting money when you could just play the copy you already own...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ByDarwinsBeard

109. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

Because you're wasting money when you could just play the copy you already own...

I can't play any of the copies I currently own on the go. But yeah. thank you for deciding for the rest of us what we consider to be worth spending our money on. From now on I'm just going to contact you before making any sort of spending decision.

-Carl Sagan

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

110. Posted:

i would've been more down with a majora's mask remake. with all the quests it just seems more suitable to a portable. you can destroy Ocarina in a couple days easy.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

111. Posted:

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

I can't play any of the copies I currently own on the go. But yeah. thank you for deciding for the rest of us what we consider to be worth spending our money on. From now on I'm just going to contact you before making any sort of spending decision.

Your welcome. Always here to help.:)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Golgo

112. Posted:

I think the graphical update is fantastic, while still retaining essence of the original. Having recently started playing Majora's Mask (and loving it), I got to say the visuals on the early 3D Zeldas don't hold up nearly as well as the 2D ones. LttP still looks fantastic IMHO.

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

113. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

You mean I can play the vastly outdated and obsolete version of a game? Sweet

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

romulux

114. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

i would've been more down with a majora's mask remake.

i'd actually be less excited about that, even though it's my favorite zelda, mainly because it's too perfect on the VC. there's no room for improvement, so with a remake there'd be nothing to look forward to.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

115. Posted:

Haha, now you're arguing over what I said. Aren't gaming forums great?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

romulux

116. Posted:

zezhroom wrote:

Haha, now you're arguing over what I said. Aren't gaming forums great?

that's kind of what happens when you contribute to an argument. would you rather be ignored? :)

AuthorMessage

Chris720

117. Posted:

Wow, this is crazy... Also, playing the outdated and vastly inferior version feels more nostalgic and it always gives me a warm feeling inside. Remaking it with new graphics and nothing new (by what I see), that seems really pointless.

Also, MM remake would be nice, since Ninty haven't created remakes of MM... ever! Well except for in Zelda: Collector's Edition, but that's more of a port to be honest.

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Chris720

118. Posted:

Meh... OoT remake will sell well anyways, so no point in me buying it, especially when I own the originals of both MM and OoT.

And, even though they're old... you just can't kill a classic.

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

119. Posted:

Hopefully we hear details of new additions to this game soon :) . I might give this game a run through today- keapora gaebora's theme has been playing in my head for some reason.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

ByDarwinsBeard

120. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

Remaking it with new graphics and nothing new (by what I see), that seems really pointless.

All we've seen is a hand full of screen shots specifically framed to show very little and a very short bit of video footage. Hardly enough to make that call. I really doubt Nintendo is going to be doing a minor graphics upgrade without adding some other bonus. And what's pointless about having the game in a portable format with stereoscopic 3D?

-Carl Sagan