3DS Forum

Topic: NWR's Top 10 3DS Titles! (Honorable Mentions Part 2!)

Showing 201 to 220 of 232

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

201. Posted:

I don't see a whole lot of point making a list like this right now. SO MANY good games are coming out for Nintendo 3DS that this list will be oudated in a matter of months. Games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pokemon X and Y, and the new Zelda title all have the potential to be top ten contenders.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

202. Posted:

But, but, after those games are released a number of the nominees will never again see the light of day.
(Which I guess is what you're saying, oops)
So maybe it's for posterity or nostalgia, or somethin'?

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

203. Posted:

Yeah but here's the real question..........will any of those games knock 3d land out of first place?!?! Still can't believe luigis Mansion DM didn't get in. I'm wondering if its because it was released just a while ago they didn't consider it??

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

astros75

204. Posted:

Regardless of the rankings, the top 4 titles (assuming SM Land 3D is #1) are all amazing standout games. Im loving the awesome library that the 3DS is compiling, and cant wait to add Animal Crossing and some DK to it.

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage

astros75

205. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Yeah but here's the real question..........will any of those games knock 3d land out of first place?!?! Still can't believe luigis Mansion DM didn't get in. I'm wondering if its because it was released just a while ago they didn't consider it??

Dark Moon was #3

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage

RR529

206. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Huh, it was their number 3.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

207. Posted:

I think its time for bed. How did I miss that and what did I think was #3! Now I actually like this list. Still wish more 3rd parties received more love though!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

208. Posted:

As suspected, Super Mario 3D Land officially takes the top spot!

Here's the full rundown:

10. Pushmo
9. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
8. New Super Mario Bros. 2
7. Resident Evil: Revelations
6. Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
5. Mutant Mudds
4. Fire Emblem: Awakening
3. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
1. Super Mario 3D Land

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

209. Posted:

Not a bad list overall. 3D Land definitely deserves the top spot, and is an almost perfect portable game. Could do with Fire Emblem occupying a higher spot, though.

I have to say, as I play more of NSMB2 I'm definitely enjoying it more. Although at 20 hours in I've done almost all of the non-dlc stuff.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

RR529

210. Posted:

Now on to my final impressions.

To me, this seems like a list made up by some kid that only plays first party Nintendo titles, and disregards most everything else.

I'm not saying there are a lot of games that shouldn't be on here, but the top two games seem to have really mixed opinions from gamers, in contrast to their 4 & 3 spots, which from what I've noticed, have been almost universally praised so far.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though, as this is just their opinion.

My only major issue with this is Mutant Mudds inclusion. I almost find the idea of it being a top ten 3DS title to be laughable. It kind of makes sense though, given my earlier analogy. Back when I was on MyIGN, a lot of Nintendo only gamers unexpectedly attached themselves to Mudds when it was announced, all clamoring that "it has that magical Nintendo vibe".

Again, I respect their opinion, I just find Mudds' inclusion to be baffling, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

211. Posted:

My list would be quite different:

• Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Pullblox (aka Pushmo)
  • Gunman Clive
  • Crimson Shroud
  • _______________
    (In no particular order)

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

212. Posted:

I'm kinda glad OOT didn't make the list only because its a 15+ year old game. The new 3d version is definitely the definitive version though. I know OOT doesn't hold up as good as it did back when it came out but for those of you that only got to play it recently it was the best game of its type for a long time. Back then the depth of game didn't even come close and the presentation was excellent. Now we have prettier zeldas copycats that have done it to death and the nostalgia starts to fade! It's still in my top ten though.

I wonder if one year from now DKCR 3d will even be considered for such a list for some of these very reasons. Although it does hold up much better since its not nearly as old!

Now this topic (which was a nice discussion) will fade from existences!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Royalblues

213. Posted:

I would definitely have Mighty Switch Force on my top 10.

Royalblues

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

214. Posted:

As I suspected, this list was as predictable as can be, and not a single game deserved any more attention than what they already get. Speaking of not deserving attention, I'll probably go back to ignoring NWR, seeing as they've done nothing but prove how utterly bland they are. Moving on.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

215. Posted:

The only thing I really liked about this list was the inclusion of Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. I'm alright with Super Mario 3D Land getting first place though, it's a pretty great game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

216. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

To me, this seems like a list made up by some kid that only plays first party Nintendo titles, and disregards most everything else.

So basically every Wii owner on the internet?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

217. Posted:

I was kinda surprised at how high Fire Emblem was, but on the other hand yeah, this list seems quite heavily biased towards Nintendo titles. While I did quite enjoy 3D Land, I don't really think it's the #1 game on the system. This reminds me though, I really should go back and finish those special worlds...

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

218. Posted:

Zero Escape: VLR should be in, so should Kingdom Hearts 3D,

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

219. Posted:

I dunno about KH3D, but yeah, Zero Escape definitely deserved to be on there. They seemed rather thrilled with it from their review.

Oh, I see they were thrilled with Kingdom Hearts 3D as well. The hell, why isn't it on there then? They seemed to like it more than freakin' New Super Mario Bros. 2...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

220. Posted:

Yep that's why I didn't want eshop game mixed in with retail games. I think many 3rd party games were left out in the cold. I don't think pushmo belongs on that list at all and is taking a spot away from another quality game.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech