3DS Forum

Topic: Nintendogs+cats!

Showing 421 to 440 of 576

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

421. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

3d is okay. nothing mind blowing. dogs look a bit cuter in 3D but i am not using 3D in this game anymore to safe battery

The 3D only looks good on the dogs and cats themselves, when you're in the kennel and they're right up in your face. I love the lick effect with the little dropplets of water coming out of the screen. :p And the dogs and cats themselves have some impressive depth going on, especially the dogs with the longer noses. But the environments 3D wise aren't that impressive at all. It's the same deal with PilotWings Resort regarding the in game environments. While they do deliver a sense of depth, everything just looks softer than it should. The depth and pop out effect are on the subtle side, the depth especially.

In PilotWings resort the 3D effect is incredible on the Gliders and Rocket Belts, including your Mii. But what I don't understand is why are the Diorama models(that you unlock) of the buildents/environments and objects so damn impressive 3D-wise and sharper/crisper than the in game environments themselves which are softer and don't come close to offering the 3D effect as seen in the diorama's....There's just no comparison here. Is it because Nintendo wanted the background a bit softened so you're character would be center stage, stand out and more in focus?

Anyways, Nitendog's seems great for what it is, but for what it is I'm not exactly a fan. :P I can't be bothered unlocking everything and this and that, considering you can only do so much in a day....And because of that, the experience would span into months I'm guessing....eek! I'll probably spend a couple or few more days with it, but that will most likely be it.
I've got greater games to play like Link's Awakening and Mega Man 5. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

422. Posted:

Is there any way to funk the days up so I can actually compete in competitions and learn as many tricks as I want?

If not I think it's safe to say I'm done with this one....Actually, fudge it, I'm done with it anyways. It just gets old real quick....I salute many of you who have played this one days on end constantly going through those boring torturous walks, or those frustrating competitions and saving up the tiny amount of cash that you make during those 'again' repetitive Competitions, where you can only do 2 competitions in one day....It's ridiculous. I hate pick up and play type games, and this one seems like it could go on for months and months because it doesn't let you do enough in one sitting.

Ah well, the graphics are incredible regarding the Dogs and Cats....It doesn't get much better than that for virtual puppies and cats, the way I see it that's as good as it gets fo rme. :p and i love it when they jump at the screen and start licking your face, and of course it's fun playing with the toys...Or mildy amusing if that. But taking your dog for a walk is a total snooz fest. And this is coming from somebody who bought the original on day one. The original nintendog's blew me away with the touch screen controls, but it too after a while got old. At least the competitions were rigged and frustrating.

I guess I just don't have the patience for this kind of stuff, i dont exactly find it fun...Just tedious, brain deadish and a complete chore. Out of the 3 launch titles i bought i loved PilotWings Resort, while I'm mixed on SSFIV 3D and I'm not digging NIntendog's at all aside from the graphical cuteness and 3D puppy pop out effect. lol

I dont have the time or patience to delve deeper into that pooptastic glorified puppy sim, I've got actual games to play like, like Links Awakening DX, Super Mario galaxy 2 and Mega Man 5 spring to mind.lol :p Nintendog's is best suited for children and women(women who live in appartments who can't have a real dog in their place.lol)....Most of us gamers may get a kick out of it in the beginning, but it gets stale fast and we end up losing interest....Scratch that, I'll just speak for myself. B-) lol

Ahhh why am I even rambling, most of you dudes & duddettes will look at this wall of text and ignore it.lol Anyways, I'd only keep this for the Puppy pop out effect, as it would be pretty damn neat to show off to friends. But I'd rather have not have this 'far from being complete' doozy fest in my collection, it's sticks out like a soccer mom's sore thumb.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Taya

423. Posted:

I bought a 3DS with French Bulldog & Friends the other day. So far I'm liking this a lot more than the original Nintendogs. Going for walks is much better, and the voice recognition might be better too (but it could just be me speaking more clearly). My puppy always comes when I call him and he always understands my commands... although he only knows four tricks.

I have a dalmatian named George. He's a skinny guy and he has only been the junior cup of the obedience competition. I like him a lot though. He's cute!

I'm saving up for a kitten.

Taya

AuthorMessage

katysu

424. Posted:

Taya - very pleased there is another player around, I'm sure you will enjoy playing.

I think the voice recognition is better, I've not seen many posts where players are saying they have problems (as was the case with the older game)
In the older game I had earphones & a clip on mic (together via a splitter).
The 3DS does not support a mic - but it isn't necessary anyway for this game.
I've had no major problems with voice recognition - I've just kept the tricks' names very clearly different.

My dog was skinny when bought - I did not restrict walks/comps as some players advise - but I always fed & watered as soon as the stats went down to normal.
Always check stats when come in from a walk or comp.

I think I won at least the disc Ndogs cup while dog was still skinny, so it doesn't effect performance that much.
It was around 12 days before the dog went to optimal, went skinny again, for a day, after a day I was only able to play for a few mins. (ie dog didn't get much food).

Wet food and milk(formula) high calories so I used these as soon as possible.
Once Fine food unlocked I keep on that, & use both water & milk. Apart from the one blip the dog has remained at optimal.
Cat was also skinny when bought, but went optimal in 2 days & has remained so.

If a dog goes to plump, it may well effect performance - if some of the dogs I encounter via Mii's ingame, are anything to go by.

My second pet was a cat - though it was at least a week, ingame, before I got her.
You can make enough money with one dog, I didn't want to take on a second dog, as I couldn't afford to spend more time on the game.
But I was very keen to increase owner points (capped at 200 per day, per pet) - so it made sense to make the second pet a kitten

It is easy to get owner points from a cat by alternating petting, brushing, treats, and also by alternating toys (buy the expensive bell toy (£80/$80) when you can, as this is used only by the cat, I find it very useful.
When you first get a kitten make sure you name her (or him) - it's not so clearly dealt with as the dog
With a kitten just keep petting & game will eventually ask you to name.

Check out the surprise option at the kennels, its great fun to see all the possibilites in colour the game allows you.

As there was 2 3DS consoles in my household, I stretched to a second game, and have one dog & cat in each.
Thats as much as I can cope with time wise.

Don't be tempted to alter the time - it does effect the game - prevents you from entering the comps
(I don't know how long the prevention is for tho, not very long probably).
The older game was a bit more lenient on this point.

Edited on by katysu

katysu

AuthorMessage

blurays

425. Posted:

So far I have gotten 4 Spotpass events for this Nintendogs + Cats which are 4 different presidents/dogs
Does anyone still play this game and have noticed the new SpotPass content
The Spot passes seem to be exclusive to North America.

blurays

AuthorMessage

Amber24

426. Posted:

I'm in the UK and have still had none sad face.

When I'm bored I love going to the kennel and looking at all the different colours the dogs can come in :). There are so many I want D: I may purchase a second game, but second hand, because I only have 2 spaces left for pets and I couldn't dare donate any of my pets. I've grown attached to my virtual furries :). Although I don't see me adding a new addition for a while, my 4 keep me busy.

Aqua blue 3ds, playing nintendogs+cats

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

427. Posted:

Props to all of you who have gone the extra mile and have kept at this game unlocking the oh so many things since it's release. I for one couldn't do it any longer after my 5th day of playing. It sucks that you can only literally go to those tournaments 3 times a day, or was it 2? Talk about irritating! Ultimately, while being cute and nifty with the touch screen controls, Nintendog's + Cats was one little boring experience. :p

The 3D was weak, aside from the nice doggy and cat model depth whenever they popped up towards the screen, the game didn't feel exciting, fresh or unique because the original Nintendog's was the first to introduce those amazing innovative touch screen controls which were pretty amazing for its time. Funny how i want to keep this original Nintendog's, but not this sequal in my collection.lol

AuthorMessage

Amber24

428. Posted:

You can do 6 competitions a day ^^ 2 for each type :)

Aqua blue 3ds, playing nintendogs+cats

AuthorMessage

Tracker_the_Dog

429. Posted:

Hi guys! Is anyone still playing this? O-O Or am I too late to the party?
Anyway, got the game a couple of days ago for a bargain, and AGH. I love it!
My first, and currently only dog, is a beagle named Kipper, after Kipper the Dog. I actually think I'll stick with one dog-once I gain enough owner points, I want the Mario room, so I started saving early.
So anyway, funnily enough I found the secret path three times in 1 day. Which was odd, but ah well. This is already my favourite 3DS game so far. :)

Tracker_the_Dog

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

430. Posted:

Tracker_the_Dog wrote:

This is already my favourite 3DS game so far. :)

?????
You must not have Ocarina of Time yet.

Anyway, you are a little late, lol. The game is nice, and I played my share of it; it's my second most played game, but It's getting a little repetitive for me now.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Tracker_the_Dog

431. Posted:

[quote="Tracker_the_Dog"]

TeeJay wrote:

This is already my favourite 3DS game so far. :)

?????
You must not have Ocarina of Time yet.

I've got OoT on VC. I'm honestly not a fan of Zelda, so that may explain why I love this so much.
Still, sucks I'm late. :'(

Edited on by Tracker_the_Dog

Tracker_the_Dog

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

432. Posted:

I enjoyed it for several weeks, but eventually gave up on it, as I couldn't get far with the obedience training. But one or two reviewers of the game have said they found the controls for that did not appear to function well, so maybe it wasn't just me.
Anyway, it was great to have a puppy and a kitten to play with for a while, and hunt down the various goodies.
Have fun :)

Still can't think of a better place to kill some time.
Playing Solatorobo and Pokemon White.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS - it's taking forever.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

433. Posted:

not really playing it any more. cant wait to sell it when good games come out^^

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

434. Posted:

If I really really want a new game coming out and I have no money, Pilotwings and Nintendogs will be sold.

AuthorMessage

Tracker_the_Dog

435. Posted:

Well, I'll show my puppy anyway, hope SOME people will still play the game. :(
Untitled
Kipper and a dog I met at the cafe, he's the breed Tiger, Kipper the Dog's best friend, is supposed to be, so now Medor is Tiger. :)

Untitled
Kipper even has a scarf like Kipper the Dog! I love my puppy very much. :3
So... that's that I guess! :D

Tracker_the_Dog

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

436. Posted:

@Tracker Cute dog! I would post mine for you to see but these public computers at my apartment complex have no SD card slot, and I don't have any SD card USB readers.

AuthorMessage

SynLovesBubbles

437. Posted:

Awww cute. My profile pic is of my puppy, Lola. She's a champ! :)
I try not to end up starving my dogs but... I forget while watching Netflix.
When the townsfolk talk about a boutique that only opens after it rains, do they mean the BARC shop? If not, where is this boutique?!

By the time you finish reading this sentence, you'll find out that you can't say "Irish wrist watch."
Currently playing Nintendogs + Cats.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS

AuthorMessage

Miranda20392

438. Posted:

I am pretty new here and not in long i will get the Nintendo 3DS + nintendogs + cats he he yeah i am planning to get a husky and name it Sasha or an german sheperd and call it Duke not sure (lol) yeah and Amber i really think your jack russel is cute! i really want this game the toy poodle version or G.R or the other one ( forgot it lol) i'm really excited! But i don't understand why people don't wanna play it anymore like it's the best game ever for me i will play it for ever never sell it :D

Miranda20392

AuthorMessage

Miranda20392

439. Posted:

Yeah i have (had he he :( ) a DSI but Now when i turn it on it says hold the power button blah blah blah or read the health and safety booklet for more information like the other day i was on dsi ware and downloaded something he he i think it's a virus :P

Miranda20392

AuthorMessage

Miranda20392

440. Posted:

sooo bored without nintendo :( if i had a nintendo 3DS and nintendogs + cats game i would be never bored he he :D

Miranda20392