3DS Forum

Topic: Nintendogs+cats!

Showing 301 to 320 of 575

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

301. Posted:

@Dimentio and @nlifegamer - Thanks for the tips.
I actually have just the one dog and cat. I can see how you can bump up the earnings if you spend a fair bit of time daily concentrating on training. I think I'm probably less focused and am more inclined to mess about a bit with my animals, but I look forward to getting enough owner points to find more expensive things during walks, and reaching levels in the competitions which bring in more cash.

Still can't think of a better place to kill some time.
Playing Solatorobo and Pokemon White.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS - it's taking forever.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

302. Posted:

nlifegamer wrote:

Winning the Nintendogs competition awards 500 money coins and you can win it twice a day per competition so that's
3 competitions - Obedience, Frisbee and Luring (x2). That's just for a single dog. Once you build up your owner points
there also seems to be a chance for your dog to find promise rings during walks which fetch 1000 dollars each.

I have 2 dogs in Nintendogs + cats and I am considering getting a cat.

"Promise Rings"...? This is the first I've ever heard mention of those.

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

303. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

nlifegamer wrote:

Winning the Nintendogs competition awards 500 money coins and you can win it twice a day per competition so that's
3 competitions - Obedience, Frisbee and Luring (x2). That's just for a single dog. Once you build up your owner points
there also seems to be a chance for your dog to find promise rings during walks which fetch 1000 dollars each.

I have 2 dogs in Nintendogs + cats and I am considering getting a cat.

"Promise Rings"...? This is the first I've ever heard mention of those.

They are an item that can be picked up randomly in presents on walks. They are quite rare though.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

304. Posted:

Sounds like something I'd see in a Sonic game. XP

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

Victoria

305. Posted:

I found one of those rings a while back. I wasn't sure what to do with it. The dogs didn't seem to interested in it.
Untitled

While I'm uploading pictures, I thought I'd show this one. It made me laugh. Hover dog!
Untitled

Edited on by Victoria

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Amber24

306. Posted:

I'm up to master in all contests now :)

I need help though. My dog is skinny, but I feed him 3 times a day on wet food, when will he reach his optimal weight?

Aqua blue 3ds, playing nintendogs+cats

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

307. Posted:

@Amber24 It may take a bit. Just keep feeding him wet food and (this isn't official but I'm just guessing) maybe don't train/walk him as much until he gets back to desired weight.
@Victoria You can sell the promise ring for a money (1,000 dollars I think) or just keep all you can do is "play fetch" with it.
And also Hover dog! To the rescue!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Amber24

308. Posted:

Thanks :) I'll try to cut down on walks but as he's my only dog currently, maybe I'll cut down on walks once I get a second dog, that way I still have a dog to walk :)

On another note, he just won master lure, which I didn't expect haha :D

Edited on by Amber24

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

309. Posted:

I'm currently on Nintendogs cup lure with Zelda. but, MAN it's gonna take a LOT of training to beat that. Currently I'm focusing more on Learning tricks and Frisbee competitions.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)

AuthorMessage

Amber24

310. Posted:

I haven't even practiced the nintendog cup lure, but I can see it taking a while to beat, because I only won master with luck :P Yeah I've been focusing on Frisbee also :)

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

311. Posted:

Same hear. I mean those dogs are FAST. I'll be in 1st like "yay I won" and then BOOM both dogs just go at supersonic speed and race past me and I'm like D:
I personally wish we had the old agility trials they were so much easier. Oh well.
I mean my dogs are pretty good at frisbee so I'll probably focus on that for a while.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

312. Posted:

I had a whole lot of trouble beating the other dogs in the Nintendogs cup. Usually I make sure to stop by the Gym a couple times a day and after two days I try out the new competition, and usually don't have too much trouble. Not with the Nintendogs cup! I ate everyone's dust with my normal training, and I won by the skin of my teeth after 4 days of training!

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

Amber24

313. Posted:

Sounds like I've got lots of training to do :O To bad I have to spend more time revising for my Uni exams :( So it's going to take me a lot longer. Oh well :).

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

314. Posted:

I mean Nintendogs was an easy game. But then Nintendogs + cats made the dogs turn into superdogs that beat you no matter how much you train.

AuthorMessage

blurays

315. Posted:

Was this dog breed unlockable in the original Nintendogs for the Nintendo ds?
Untitled
This is my Robodog which seems to unlock at about 10,000 owner points as a voucher
at the secondhand store.

Edit: When you redeem the voucher for this dog breed they come in random coloring.

Edited on by blurays

blurays

AuthorMessage

Amber24

316. Posted:

No you couldn't get those :). Robo dogs look pretty funny :D Not sure if I'd get one yet though :)

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

317. Posted:

nlifegamer wrote:

Was this dog breed unlockable in the original Nintendogs for the Nintendo ds?
Untitled
This is my Robodog which seems to unlock at about 10,000 owner points as a voucher
at the secondhand store.

So that's what robo-pup looks like, I only need 3 more leather key rings to get the voucher!

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

Amber24

318. Posted:

Does anyone know which disk is supposed to be better out of the pot lid and the pizza disk?

I want a pro disk :( None of these disks seem to get far enough in the competitions so I always come second.

AuthorMessage

Pearl

319. Posted:

Hello everyone :D
Amber, my twinneth, recommended me to this site and of course I came straight to the nintendogs + cat topic :P.
I have the Golden and friends version and, at the moment, only have one dog called Jager, he's a Great Dane :)

Edited on by Pearl

Pearl

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

320. Posted:

Welcome to Nintendolife, Pearl! :)

Spiritloggery