3DS Forum

Topic: Nintendogs+cats!

Showing 241 to 260 of 575

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

241. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

I've decided to ignore my cat for a few days. Seems like I'm giving all the lovin' and he's not giving any back. If he wants to win back my affection, he's gonna have to start coughing up the gifts, and I don't mean hair balls! :)

Good luck with your little love-war with your kitty. O_O

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Sadsack_Awesome

242. Posted:

Got the game today but so far I haven't found any Barc stores on any of my walks(I have, however, seen them in the Go Out -> Shopping part)
EDIT: Never mind, I've just unlocked them

Edited on by Sadsack_Awesome

Sadsack_Awesome

AuthorMessage

RayRayXD

243. Posted:

i just got the game, and i already fell in love with it!

3Ds FC: 2105 - 8654 - 8641...add me!
My Husky Sammy (from Nintendogs+Cats) is my prof. pic...isn't he adorable? :D

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

244. Posted:

After a lot of practice at the Sea Side beach, I finally mastered the Disc Competition!
Untitled
I recently remolded to the Futuristic home. As cool as it looks, I think I like the Fancy home more and plan on switching once I earn some more money.
Untitled

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

245. Posted:

can someone give me some tips for this game like how to unlock better frisbees and how to teach your dog to be good and tips for easy money

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

Victoria

246. Posted:

@jtr235 - Keep playing, and keep practising frisbee tossing in the parks.. The more you play, the more things you will unlock. Some of the frisbees the dog will pick up as presents. I don't think any of them are any better than the others. In fact, my favourite one to use is the pot lid the dog picked up. I don't care much for the one that looks like a lolly pop because I think it floats more than the others, but I could be wrong. But whenever I used the frisbee ring - the one with the hole in the middle - I always seem to throw it too far and it hits the back wall causing a miss.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

blurays

247. Posted:

Here is a picture of my Nintendogs + cats puppy.
Untitled

The items she is wearing are from winning the three Nintendog cups.
Most of the items are unlocked when you gain owner points by taking care of your pets and with the 3 tricks limit per day progressing in the Obedience trials is slow at first. The best way to make money is to do the competitions or find valuable items on walks( such as the promise ring)

@Victoria - The best place to practice for the frisbee competition is the seaside park that has sand. Your dog will learn how to run quite fast in sand and then on regular ground your dog will run lightning fast to catch up to that frisbee.

blurays

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

248. Posted:

I got a SpotPass notification today telling me that Teddy Roosevelt's dog came to visit my animals! I thought it was pretty neat even though it was just Nintendo being cute since I haven't yet had a StreetPass in that game. Also I thought it was cool that a little blue notification orb appears on Nintendogs when the 3DS senses new data for it. What a nice surprise to wake up to! :D

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Victoria

249. Posted:

@bboy - that sounds really cool! Not seen that happen here yet. And I still haven't had a Street Pass with someone who has the game. grrrrrrr.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

250. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

And I still haven't had a Street Pass with someone who has the game. grrrrrrr.

Really? That's sad. It's fun putting all my winner's equipment on Midnight (crown and medal) and show it off to others via Streetpass! :P Well, maybe you'll get more hits when the update comes out in May and when Ocarina of Time comes out.

AuthorMessage

Victoria

251. Posted:

@TeeJay - I've only Street Passed 7 people so far (the wows of living in a small village in a rural community.) And only one of them even listed a 3DS game. All the others listed either Pokemon, or the built in software as their favourite titles. Lame!!

Speaking of Street Pass. I was hoping you could list a really good present as your gift to the strangers you pass. But it won't let you. I was going to give something rate, or valuable. You could give away good stuff in Animal Crossing. It's too bad you can't do it with nintendogs. That's too bad. By the time I do find someone to Street Pass they'll have all the cheap items anyway, so what's the point.

What do you guys have listed as your Street Pass present? I think I have the swirly lollypop frisbee as my gift, just because I like the way it looks. It's friendly.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

252. Posted:

I put the Pizza Frisbee as my Streetpass gift. It's semi-valuable, at least...you know, because you have to find it rather than buy it in a store. And everyone loves pizza! :3 Well almost

I got another new dog! A male husky named Balto, and he's gonna be just like Midnight (meaning he's going to be a champion winner just like her)! He looks just like an older version of her anyway, save for the shockingly blue eyes. n_n We're currently practicing frisbee catching. Yeah , the cat was boring me to death, so I dumped it in the hotel. Roger the dachshund is in there too, but only because there's not enough room at home.

Oh, and since I've been feeding them Fine food and taking them on walks, everyone has now gone from Overfed to Ideal! :) Even Balto, who was Skinny when I got him yesterday. Roger, due to his extended stays at a posh hotel, is always Plump when I take him home for a visit, though.

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

Victoria

253. Posted:

@TeeJay - That sounds like a cool gift to Street Pass 'cos you're right ... everybody loves pizza! :D

I was just reading another message board where people were talking about Teddy Roosevelt's dog. Some people have seen it, and other's haven't. I started wondering if maybe it's a regional thing? It would make sense to people in the US, but not make so much sense in other areas. They mentioned the dog bring a 'big stick'. Teddy Roosevelt was quoted as saying, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." which is probably not something many younger players (or people outside the US) would get.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

254. Posted:

I heard mention of Teddy's dog somewhere on this site, but even if I came across it, I wouldn't be able to recognize it. XD Unless it was physically and literally carrying a big stick.

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

255. Posted:

I was walking Anastasia in the pedometer mode today, and when I oped my 3DS up I noticed a dog sticker in my Journal. I was probably a little to excited over seeing Teddy Roosevelt in the park.

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

256. Posted:

hi a little question how long does it take a dog and a cat to be friends i just brought a cat and they play together but the cat stays far away from my dog i brought a cat because im on the nintendogs cup in lure corse and frisbee and if you win you get £500 in each one so i fought why dont i buy a cat i mean if i win both cups tomorrow im bound to win £1000 so i get my money back

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

Victoria

257. Posted:

JTR - your kitty will get used to you, and the dog after a day or so. The cat will probably still hiss at the dog on occasion, but then cats are like that. They'll still be friends. Just toss out a few toys to find one the cat likes and you'll find they play together.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

258. Posted:

I noticed today that dogs have certain habits, activities they like, or toys they particularly like to play with. I'm still learning about Balto, so I can't provide any observations about him yet, but I noticed that Connor, my Sheltie, loves it when we go for a walk. He darts about to observe everything and is generally much more excited during walks than my other dogs.
Midnight, however, loves to fetch things for me, which is why she does so well in the Frisbee competitions. I say this because she's always the first to dash forward to grab anything I throw, and when I pet her for fetching it, yellow flowers appear, which I've learned is the highest happiness you get for an activity. My other dogs produce purple or blue flowers when petted for fetching something.
Just posting what I've noticed, so you guys can take a closer look at your pets to see what they enjoy doing more than anything else.

PS: I've also noticed that Connor has grown quite fond of the human bed I placed in the corner. :) Nobody else hops onto it and surveys the other dogs nearly as much as he does.

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

259. Posted:

@TeeJay - That's really interesting. This is proving to be a beautifully designed game - with a lot of depth.

There is SO MUCH useful information in this thread. It's really great!
The first walkthrough for Nintendogs and Cats?

Edit - BTW can anyone tell me how to get a dog biscuit up on the screen to reward my pup for obeying me when I'm out walking her. I find my game is very random in displaying one on the screen for me to give, or do I just have to accept that I can only give rewards when the game thinks it's necessary?

Edited on by Mowzle2

Still can't think of a better place to kill some time.
Playing Solatorobo and Pokemon White.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS - it's taking forever.

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

260. Posted:

Why is it that I get not 1 owner point for walks? I've taken my dog for multiple walks a day since the day I got a 3DS and noticed no matter how the walk goes, even if it says that he "really enjoyed" it, I have NEVER gotten an owner point for a walk. I don't even get owner points for things done on walks! If I am in my house and pet my dog for a couple minutes and play with him, it will net me a few owner points. if i pet/play with/feed my dog on a walk in the cafe, NADA! Why!? It seems like walks are a fair big part of the game so why am I refused owner points for anything pertaining to walks??

@Mowzle: You can only give your dog a treat on a walk when it responds to you. For example if your dog starts charging for a puddle and you yank back on the leash and he stops and looks at you, that would be a time to give it a treat for being good and not rolling in the puddle.

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970