3DS Forum

Topic: Nintendogs+cats!

Showing 121 to 140 of 576

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

121. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

I buy all the records that I've found so far. I really like them. A few times I swear my pets were dancing along with the music. It was really weird. But I can't get them to do it every time.

I know what you mean! I think my pets do the same!
Did you get the piano yet? If you play the right notes along with a song, all your dogs will howl! It's really funny! XD And they'll yip and yap along with the music too. The all sit down in front of you in a neat little row and listen to you play. I had a blast playing with it.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

122. Posted:

i gave up buying records because my animals never danced to it

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

123. Posted:

lol what is this place?
Chicks going ga ga over virtual kitties and doggies as if they're actually real, like OMGZZZ cuteness everyone!?!?!?!? I love it.lol Anyhoo, my copy still hasn't arrived yet. The graphics looks pretty damn brilliant by the way. Yet I can't see myself getting the most out of this OR PilotWings Resort, the two seem like pick up and play type games, but that's just me.

I'm just dieingggg to experience the 3D effect, my 3DS still in the Mail delivery packaging with Street Fighter, but I'm not opening it until my other 2 games arrive. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

124. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

lol what is this place?
Chicks going ga ga over virtual kitties and doggies as if they're actually real, like OMGZZZ cuteness everyone!?!?!?!? I love it.lol Anyhoo, my copy still hasn't arrived yet. The graphics looks pretty damn brilliant by the way. Yet I can't see myself getting the most out of this OR PilotWings Resort, the two seem like pick up and play type games, but that's just me.

I'm just dieingggg to experience the 3D effect, my 3DS still in the Mail delivery packaging with Street Fighter, but I'm not opening it until my other 2 games arrive. :p

I'm not a chick. :|
I'm just a dog lover who lives in an apartment that doesn't allow pets. :(

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

Victoria

125. Posted:

I noticed that when I'm walking the dog sometimes the Miis I pass will say something about collecting stickers for the journal. What's that about? Am I missing something.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

126. Posted:

I hope they come out with a My Little Pony Edition...No, I'm actually serious....DEAD F**KIN SERIOUS. :D
Another killer 80's cartoon hehe....er, that i used to skim by....I, uh...hehe.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

127. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

I noticed that when I'm walking the dog sometimes the Miis I pass will say something about collecting stickers for the journal. What's that about? Am I missing something.

You get a sticker in your journal when you streetpass somebody. I have a person who I streetpass on a regular basis because we apparently go to adjacent classes, although I've never actually seen her.
The sticker is first of a present, then when you click it, it becomes the face of the dog of the person you streetpassed and you can meet up with them at the park anytime or you can meet them when you're walking your dog. They occasionally give you presents when you meet them while walking.

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

128. Posted:

I've got a bit of a problem, folks. How do you control your pup while you're out walking? Today my Dido apparently had a wonderful time - needed a bath after returning, which didn't bother me - but she spent a lot of time peeing in front of litter boxes after standing about looking at me and wimpering, and then eating cookies she found in the road. She didn't respond when I called her, and the lead is always so slack at these times that there is no way of gently moving her on. Then someone I met in the street with their dog pointed out that it was "rude" to let our dogs piddle anywhere other than on grass, and I also find Dido registers as "plump" in the health screen. I'm sure these are just learning exercises Nintendo incorporates into the game, but what's the point if they don't then give you a tip about how to deal with it? Anyone had a similar experience, and found out how to deal with it? Thanks :).
Sound a bit jaundiced, don't I? Maybe I'm just rubbish at puppy care, but I'm getting lowish on funds which will I need for food etc, and Dido can't even tell her left paw from her right one yet, never mind trying to enter a competition!

Still can't think of a better place to kill some time.
Playing Solatorobo and Pokemon White.
Waiting for Animal Crossing 3DS - it's taking forever.

AuthorMessage

willobee

129. Posted:

Yank on the leash a couple times. If your dog is heading to the left to pee on a mailbox, yank to the right until he/she responds. Then give him/her a treat.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

130. Posted:

If your dog is doing something bad during a walk use force.
Don't worry if it cries, you must move it away (using the leash) until a ! is seen above its head.

... You can give it a treat after...

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

131. Posted:

If your dog is being difficult, the simple solution is to just make sushi out of them.
Untitled

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

132. Posted:

@wobee and @abgar:-
Thank you both for those tips. We've just got back from our evening walk. I was much more firm, gave a treat after obedient, and steered clear of street objects that might have been rubbish or food. I enjoyed the walk as well as Dido this time, so perhaps we'll get the hang of it better over the next few days. I've decided to ignore the plump signals for the time being, as I'm sure I shall get game instructions soon enough if action needs to be taken.
I'm assuming we continue practice with our disc throwing, and the game will tell me when it's time to enter for a competition as I can't see any tips about this so far. Hopefully this will happen before money for food runs out :)

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

133. Posted:

PS @ Tj92:-
That's horrible! :) The sushi - I mean.

Edited on by Mowzle2

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

134. Posted:

Actually, Mowzle, the game doesn't give you any warning if your dogs are getting fat. All three of my dogs are currently "Overfed". What you have to do is give them diet food and take them on plenty of walks, which is what I'm doing right now. I used to give them a lot of wet food but now the only thing they're getting is diet until they shape up.

AuthorMessage

willobee

135. Posted:

You can enter a competition whenever, and you win a wee bit of money if you place 3rd (last place). Practicing just makes your dog a better catch, come back faster, that sort of thing.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

136. Posted:

@Tj92:-
I did look for different food just a while ago when I went to "Bark".
I guess I missed the diet food. I'll have another look tomorrow - I think Dido needs that for a few days until fewer "treats" are required.
We had an English Setter when I was a kid, so I'm conscious of dog care, but it's different in a game where their response and what you can do with them is so much more limited.
It's just a game - get a life (she says to herself).

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

137. Posted:

@wobee:-
Thanks, so how do I enter for a competition? I must be missing something - I had a look around, but couldn't find how I do it.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

138. Posted:

Mowzle wrote:

I did look for different food just a while ago when I went to "Bark".
I guess I missed the diet food. I'll have another look tomorrow - I think Dido needs that for a few days until fewer "treats" are required.
We had an English Setter when I was a kid, so I'm conscious of dog care, but it's different in a game where their response and what you can do with them is so much more limited.
It's just a game - get a life (she says to herself).

I don't think you missed it as much as it's just not there yet. You probably haven't unlocked the diet foods yet. You unlock them by getting enough owner points. You gain owner points whenever you see flowers and clovers after petting/brushing your pet, etc. and the game never tells you when you've unlocked something. You just notice something new next time you visit the shop.

AuthorMessage

Mowzle2

139. Posted:

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

AuthorMessage

LunarJade

140. Posted:

I gave Cloe a set of glasses but after that whenever I tossed the disc she wouldn't go after it. I took them off and now she goes after the disc again. It seems weird but I wonder if she couldn't see it with the glasses on?

In other news I have a kitty now. I'll post a pic later when I have time. Her name is Penelope and she finally stopped hissing at Cloe. So I'm sure they'll get along fine soon enough.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats