Forums

Topic: Nintendo Sept 13 meeting; What could they announce?

Posts 201 to 219 of 219

LzWinky

Wiiver wrote:

Pathetic! Nintendo will piss on millions of early adopters (again) if this true. The 3DS had a failed launch due to a high price and not enough new games. Months later, a price drop and free 20-30 year old games. If this is true, Nintendo might as well forget about StreetPass-my pockets aren't that big.

I highly doubt people should get angry over an attachment. I don't see the point in a second analog stick for most games so it really isn't that necessary, which is why Nintendo decided to make it separate

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

lz20XX wrote:

I doubt they'd release a redesign less than a year after the first came out. I can accept the attachment though

I doubt they'd lower the price less than 6 months after release.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

kkslider5552000 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

I doubt they'd release a redesign less than a year after the first came out. I can accept the attachment though

I doubt they'd lower the price less than 6 months after release.

It's one thing to lower the price. It's another to redesign it

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

WaltzElf wrote:

Wow. I never expected Nintendo would admit defeat by Sony so openly.

It's only half a troll. If it wasn't for the incredible hype behind the Vita, there would be no such attachment on the 3DS.

Is it really all that necessary? Is the 3DS's market really going to utilize it that much?

Bankai

lz20XX wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

It's only half a troll. If it wasn't for the incredible hype behind the Vita, there would be no such attachment on the 3DS.

Is it really all that necessary? Is the 3DS's market really going to utilize it that much?

If the 3DS wants some mass market appeal with the "core" gamers the yes, yes it does need a second stick. There are very, very few games I have on the PS3, for instance, that don't use the dual sticks. And the Wiimote + nunchuck is essentially a dual stick controller, with the pointer acting as the second "stick"

Rm88

Still, the DS and PSP had plenty of "core" games. PSP had one stick, DS had none. I personally don't believe it's a big issue, especially since they could always add a couple of "virtual buttons" on the touch screen to control de camera.

I have this feeling that this will hurt the 3DS noticeably. I hope I'm wrong.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

irken004

Some sites are saying that the 2nd slidepad is a 3rd party peripheral. Might as well just revise the 3DS to include it anyway

This just makes me more optimistic about Vita...

Bankai

Rm88 wrote:

Still, the DS and PSP had plenty of "core" games. PSP had one stick, DS had none. I personally don't believe it's a big issue, especially since they could always add a couple of "virtual buttons" on the touch screen to control de camera.

I have this feeling that this will hurt the 3DS noticeably. I hope I'm wrong.

There were a crapload of PSP games that would have been better with dual stick controls.

Oregano

WaltzElf wrote:

I see where you're coming from but I'm not sure it should be considered admitting defeat considering Nintendo now has the game that single handedly saved the PSP. Anyway surely it's a good thing if it means Nintendo isn't as arrogant as they can seem sometimes.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

LordTendoboy

I'm getting a PS Vita. 2 analog sticks built in are better than a bulky accessory that might not get much support.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Terave

irken004 wrote:

Untitled

Are you kidding me? That thick thing should improve the games on the 3DS? :')

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

komicturtle

I'll wait for the Vita Slim. Vita looks more bulky even with that 3DS attachment.

komicturtle

Blaze

That 3DS attachment looks stupid anyway, especially in placement. Looking at the accessories design, how are you going to reach the ABXY buttons when your thumb is on that thing?

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

komicturtle

Just like you would if it was below

This isn't something made by Intec or Dreamgear. And judging from the dimensions given, it's not too too bulky. I guess we can only wait to get our hands on it for the final verdict.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

komicturtle92 wrote:

Just like you would if it was below

Have you ever noticed your thumb moves much easier from say, the CCP's face button triangle to right analog and back than it would be left to right? The way most dual analog controllers make it is the natural way, your thumb aint made to move the way the attachment makes you

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

komicturtle

Yeah, I do. But looking at the distance, I don't think it'd be too difficult. Shouldn't be a big deal.

I would definitely prefer it be in the bottom. But sometimes, you got to make due with what's given.
I was hoping it was a simple clip on that connects to the charger port and the stick would be below the face buttons. I could draw it out, but can't right now for a better visual.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.