Forums

Topic: Nintendo Sept 13 meeting; What could they announce?

Posts 181 to 200 of 219

BenAV

In one sense it's funny because that's the most ridiculous looking thing I've seen... but in another sense it's pretty annoying that I've got to put that on my 3DS just to play some games.
Hopefully most games with be playable without it so I don't have to walk around with that attached to my system.
I carry my 3DS around in my pocket and there's no way I can do it with that thing attached.
Time to start saving for a new 3DS, as well as a Wii U, new TV and new laptop. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Wildvine53

I'm really hoping this thing ends up like Wii Speak, I just can't see myself using that.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Curt

As long as
a)Majority of games do not use this add on
and
b)Nintendo does not release an updated console with a 2nd analog stick, further alienating early buyers
then I'll be okay with this for the most part.

You shouldn't have done that.

19Robb92

Hopefully we might be getting some good new soon though. I'll bump these rumors:

19Robb92 wrote:

Here's a bunch of new rumors:

Nintendo's September 13 3DS press conference will be packed with exciting announcements, if a new round of supposed leaks are to be believed.

Presumably posted first on 2ch and picked up by Hachimaki, the rumors claim Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney, and more are coming to the platform. Here's the list of loose talk:

-New Monster Hunter exclusively for 3DS with support for online play.

-New Yoshi horizontal side-scroller from Kirby's Epic Yarn developer Good-Feel.

-New game from the WarioWare developer.

-New Etrian Odyssey.

-Hatsune Miku 3DS, with all the songs from Project DIVA and its sequel.

-Silver 3DS color option.

-eShop demo announcement. Super mario Land 3D will have a demo.

-The latest project from Alchemist, developer of Umineko, for 3DS.

-A fifth Ace Attorney, including an Edgeworth scenario.

The same source also says a new God Eater will soon be announced for PlayStation Vita.

Additionally, a post on 4chan claims the event will see the announcements of Monster Hunter Tri G, Mach Rider Unchained, and Baiten Kaitos: Silence of a Mechanized Son for 3DS. The latter announcement wouldn't be entirely hard to believe.

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/rumor-monster-hunter-3ds-yoshi-mor...

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Link977

something cool, maybe, Idk

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

BenAV

Shadow100 wrote:

@BenAV Lol. If an $80 price drop will get you 20 games, I wonder how many games that thing might get you...

Hopefully enough to fill up my SD card.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

That better be fake. It's really confirmed? That.....thing, is not worth MH on 3DS! It looks like it completely ruins the system's portability. I will never buy a Nintendo console at launch again. Ever
I'm kind of mad right now if that thing is true. Analog stick right next to the face buttons on a square system? That has to be uncomfortable as heck! There's fake scans of CoroCoro magazine revealing " new Pokemon " so I still hope that scan is fake.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Weavius

Pathetic! Nintendo will piss on millions of early adopters (again) if this true. The 3DS had a failed launch due to a high price and not enough new games. Months later, a price drop and free 20-30 year old games. If this is true, Nintendo might as well forget about StreetPass-my pockets aren't that big.

Love my 3DS and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!
Oh and Suda 51, where is No More Heroes 3?

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6194-4517 | Nintendo Network ID: Weavius

19Robb92

Wiiver wrote:

Pathetic! Nintendo will piss on millions of early adopters (again) if this true. The 3DS had a failed launch due to a high price and not enough new games. Months later, a price drop and free 20-30 year old games. If this is true, Nintendo might as well forget about StreetPass-my pockets aren't that big.

How did it fail at launch? It their second best launch ever of a system

Or do you mean from a consumers point of view?

19Robb92

kkslider5552000 wrote:

from a "everyone stopped caring a month after release" point of view

In what way? It's been the best selling system for a few months now.

Rm88

Wow, this is bad.

From now on, I won't be encouraging people to buy a 3DS because "the redesign may not come anytime soon". It doesn't matter when it comes, if you're not in a hurry to play the currently released/announced games, you'd be much better waiting for the inevitable "3DS Lite" which will include a second circle pad. Why even do this? Is it 100% needed for Monster Hunter?

I'm hoping this doesn't hurt the 3DS sales, because I was sure it was going to have amazing holiday numbers. I still don't regret buying mine at launch because I'm enjoying it, but I truly don't think this awful accessory was needed.

Let's hope they announce plenty of awesome games at least.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

Curt

Personally, I really think that Nintendo released the 3DS months before it was actually finished. The launch line-up was weak, with titles like Super Mario 3d Land or Zelda still being at the Coming Soon stage, the eShop and internet browser were incomplete, meaning that the console wasn't even fully functional yet, and now they're creating a hardware add-on, less than half a year after the release. Nintendo would have done much better to release the console sometime within the next few months from now, so that it could have everything it was missing when it actually launched.

You shouldn't have done that.

Weavius

@19Robb92: Both. Nintendo can be blamed for what may alienate the consumer from their lack of planning. Most consumers want the all-in-one package; not some now and then some later.

Love my 3DS and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!
Oh and Suda 51, where is No More Heroes 3?

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6194-4517 | Nintendo Network ID: Weavius

19Robb92

Curt wrote:

Personally, I really think that Nintendo would have done much better to release the console sometime within the next few months from now, so that it could have everything it was missing when it actually launched.

I agree. It feels rushed as hell.

Rm88

It wasn't until the DS Lite was released that the DS become huge, if I recall correctly. So if they're indeed releasing a redesign, they better do it soon enough to be considered "early" in the 3DS cycle, but not too soon to alienate people who bought it in 2011.

Nintendo can't afford to let the 3DS flop, they really need the money they make from the handhelds, especially if the Wii U fails to replicate the success of the Wii.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

LzWinky

I doubt they'd release a redesign less than a year after the first came out. I can accept the attachment though

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.