Forums

Topic: Nintendo says children under 7 should not use 3D on 3DS

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

SpentAllMyTokens

If it costs as much as some analysts are expecting ($250-$300), it's not like many people will be getting one for their under 7 year olds anyways.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

she_gamer

Adamant wrote:

They also say everyone should take a 10 minute break every hour while playing video games.
How many of you do that?

Like the Luma in SMG2. "You've been working hard, maybe you should take a break". I hope they don't incorporate a character in all their games to act as my mom.

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

ToadFan

Adamant wrote:

They also say everyone should take a 10 minute break every hour while playing video games.
How many of you do that?

XD. Yay a lot of people don't do that. I do it tho.
maybe once a year

ToadFan

Birdman

Token Girl - I agree, but what if the parents get it for themselves and buy a couple games for their children??

Adamant - The only time I take a break from playing video games is when I get bored of playing them, when I want to eat or if I have to go to the bathroom (sometimes).

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Eel

Birdman13 wrote:

Token Girl - I agree, but what if the parents get it for themselves and buy a couple games for their children??

Adamant - The only time I take a break from playing video games is when I get bored of playing them, when I want to eat or if I have to go to the bathroom (sometimes).

ill try to forget that. I usually take a break from playing when my head hurts and my eyes feel pain... is that a bad thing?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ToadFan

abgar wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

ill try to forget that. I usually take a break from playing when my head hurts and my eyes feel pain... is that a bad thing?

No unless you don't mind serious eye strain and muscle damage for the rest of your life.

ToadFan

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

That's good for my friend, whose seizures are triggered by 3D movies.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

JadeGirl

Adamant wrote:

How many of you do that?

I never take breaks my mom has to stop me XD. I'm 16 I should not better it's so addicting! And I get bad headaches in the process. I also have a problem seeing now, my eyes hurt all the time.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

IanMage

Nintendo will probably add parent controls

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

JadeGirl

supernin10do wrote:

Nintendo will probably add parent controls

Yes. Plus you can turn off the 3D and it will be normal, so if I had a child that was under 7 thank God I don't at 16 anyway I would buy the 3DS for my child but I would turn the 3D effect off, and when they get older they can turn it on. Simple as ABC 123.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

iphys

Strange thought, but I wonder if maybe they actually put this warning out to give the illusion that the 3DS is a more mature product instead of being a toy for young children, just so older people wouldn't feel as inhibited about buying it. Sometimes I think alcohol wouldn't be as popular as it is if you didn't have to be a certain age to drink it, and maybe having to be 7 to be allowed to play the 3D helps to enhance the 3DS's coolness factor for young kids as well.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

the_shpydar

iphys wrote:

Strange thought, but I wonder if maybe they actually put this warning out to give the illusion that the 3DS is a more mature product instead of being a toy for young children, just so older people wouldn't feel as inhibited about buying it.

Nah. They put the warning out there because their legal team advised them to, in order to protect themselves from potential litigation. Simple as that.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.