Forums

Topic: Nintendo Can delete Your Games Remotely

Posts 21 to 40 of 50

Lzeon

And of course everyone will take his side without reading Nintendo's terms and conditions which also state that they can terminate your Club Nintendo account without appeal. Nintendo did nothing wrong here.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Relias

He tried to screw Nintendo and got caught that is all.. there is nothing to worry about as long as

A. You don't register the same games trying to abuse a system that if you read the legal mumbo jumbo prevents it.. (And there was Legal Notes that prevented him from doing more than one deal so Nintendo had every right to do this)

B. You have different systems with different Club Accounts.. (It is possible) at which point you would be allowed to take advantage of the deal multiple times..

This guy went against legality for what he did.. and tried to screw Nintendo if this is true.. and Nintendo did the right thing and deleted his games that he got from the effort.. so I see nothing wrong with this rather it is true or not..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

Tasuki

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And of course everyone will take his side without reading Nintendo's terms and conditions which also state that they can terminate your Club Nintendo account without appeal. Nintendo did nothing wrong here.

Thats cause consumers do no wrong and corporations are these big evil entities.

que Star Wars Empire theme now

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KittenKoder

Tasuki wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And of course everyone will take his side without reading Nintendo's terms and conditions which also state that they can terminate your Club Nintendo account without appeal. Nintendo did nothing wrong here.

Thats cause consumers do no wrong and corporations are these big evil entities.

que Star Wars Empire theme now

I know for a fact that most consumers are idiots, if consumers were intelligent then there'd be no regulations telling us what we can and cannot buy.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Tasuki

KittenKoder wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And of course everyone will take his side without reading Nintendo's terms and conditions which also state that they can terminate your Club Nintendo account without appeal. Nintendo did nothing wrong here.

Thats cause consumers do no wrong and corporations are these big evil entities.

que Star Wars Empire theme now

I know for a fact that most consumers are idiots, if consumers were intelligent then there'd be no regulations telling us what we can and cannot buy.

Yep I see it everyday, working in retail. Almost 9/10 consumer is always trying to pull a fast one on business. Then they get caught and they cry and whine like this guy did.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Lzeon

Most consumers assume that businesses follow the "The customer is always right" motto...which ironically will kill any business. Consumers like this guy are the reason that businesses don't follow this motto

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Most consumers assume that businesses follow the "The customer is always right" motto...which ironically will kill any business. Consumers like this guy are the reason that businesses don't follow this motto

Right, totally agree with you on that point. It was a great motto but then customers took advantage of that which caused companies to say F that.

My favorite one is the person who orders a hamburger from a restaurant eats all of it but two bites and than says it was made wrong and that they should get a free burger.

The one I love is cause I work for a donation place I get customers trying to donate nasty tore up sofas or soiled mattresses and I tell them that its against company policies. They love to say "you're a donation place you can't refuse me" as I show them the list from corporate on what we can and cannot take.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

mamp

LOL poor sucker!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

Lzeon

Tasuki wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Most consumers assume that businesses follow the "The customer is always right" motto...which ironically will kill any business. Consumers like this guy are the reason that businesses don't follow this motto

Right, totally agree with you on that point. It was a great motto but then customers took advantage of that which caused companies to say F that.

My favorite one is the person who orders a hamburger from a restaurant eats all of it but two bites and than says it was made wrong and that they should get a free burger.

The one I love is cause I work for a donation place I get customers trying to donate nasty tore up sofas or soiled mattresses and I tell them that its against company policies. They love to say "you're a donation place you can't refuse me" as I show them the list from corporate on what we can and cannot take.

Or the customers that only order a drink, eat the free chips and salsa, and leave a Mexican restaurant

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DualWielding

again, I don't think this story is true, but if its true what Nintendo did is illegal......

1. Guy have club Nintendo Account, and creates family account with sub-users under the main account
2. Register multiple copies of FEA and SMTIV under the different users of the account, this is permitted
3. Got multiple promotional codes nothing wrong so far
4. Redeemed all promotional codes on the same 3DS, here Nintendo decides is fishy and take action.....

Now the problem is that yah its fishy, but everything was done according to Nintendo own rules

PSN: Fertheseeker

Lzeon

ferthepoet wrote:

again, I don't think this story is true, but if its true what Nintendo did is illegal......

1. Guy have club Nintendo Account, and creates family account with sub-users under the main account
2. Register multiple copies of FEA and SMTIV under the different users of the account, this is permitted
3. Got multiple promotional codes nothing wrong so far
4. Redeemed all promotional codes on the same 3DS, here Nintendo decides is fishy and take action.....

Now the problem is that yah its fishy, but everything was done according to Nintendo own rules

In retrospect, if the multiple games were purchased legally, Nintendo didn't really lose anything.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KittenKoder

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

again, I don't think this story is true, but if its true what Nintendo did is illegal......

1. Guy have club Nintendo Account, and creates family account with sub-users under the main account
2. Register multiple copies of FEA and SMTIV under the different users of the account, this is permitted
3. Got multiple promotional codes nothing wrong so far
4. Redeemed all promotional codes on the same 3DS, here Nintendo decides is fishy and take action.....

Now the problem is that yah its fishy, but everything was done according to Nintendo own rules

In retrospect, if the multiple games were purchased legally, Nintendo didn't really lose anything.

One massive flaw in this, it assumes that the games were actually purchased by the person. You can open up unsold games, take out the registration code, then reseal it .... if you work for a game store. It's not that difficult to do, thus, Nintendo has no obligation to simply trust everyone who does something that looks suspicious. There are so many variables, Nintendo did the right thing.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

ShadJV

I just looked through Nintendo's ToS and in multiple places they clearly reserve the right to revoke your access to any software and services (in other words, simply by purchasing anything you already agree they can legally remove it from your system or handheld). I am certain they won't do this as long as you don't try to rip them off but, even if this person did find a loophole, Nintendo is allowed to delete software. Any eShop purchase is for the revocable liscense to use the software, NOT the software itself.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

DefHalan

KittenKoder wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

again, I don't think this story is true, but if its true what Nintendo did is illegal......

1. Guy have club Nintendo Account, and creates family account with sub-users under the main account
2. Register multiple copies of FEA and SMTIV under the different users of the account, this is permitted
3. Got multiple promotional codes nothing wrong so far
4. Redeemed all promotional codes on the same 3DS, here Nintendo decides is fishy and take action.....

Now the problem is that yah its fishy, but everything was done according to Nintendo own rules

In retrospect, if the multiple games were purchased legally, Nintendo didn't really lose anything.

One massive flaw in this, it assumes that the games were actually purchased by the person. You can open up unsold games, take out the registration code, then reseal it .... if you work for a game store. It's not that difficult to do, thus, Nintendo has no obligation to simply trust everyone who does something that looks suspicious. There are so many variables, Nintendo did the right thing.

Also wasn't the promotion limited to One per Account? Not per User but per Account? that would mean Nintendo messed up by giving him multiple $30 code and then fixed the issue when they realized what they did.

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

theblackdragon

No matter what or how it happened, scams or no, this is why buying digital is always at your own risk. They can't take away a physical cartridge, but they can absolutely revoke a digital license. Keep that in mind, guys, when you're about to ridicule someone else for not choosing to purchase a digital version of a game for whatever reason. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

again, I don't think this story is true, but if its true what Nintendo did is illegal......

1. Guy have club Nintendo Account, and creates family account with sub-users under the main account
2. Register multiple copies of FEA and SMTIV under the different users of the account, this is permitted
3. Got multiple promotional codes nothing wrong so far
4. Redeemed all promotional codes on the same 3DS, here Nintendo decides is fishy and take action.....

Now the problem is that yah its fishy, but everything was done according to Nintendo own rules

In retrospect, if the multiple games were purchased legally, Nintendo didn't really lose anything.

One massive flaw in this, it assumes that the games were actually purchased by the person. You can open up unsold games, take out the registration code, then reseal it .... if you work for a game store. It's not that difficult to do, thus, Nintendo has no obligation to simply trust everyone who does something that looks suspicious. There are so many variables, Nintendo did the right thing.

Also wasn't the promotion limited to One per Account? Not per User but per Account? that would mean Nintendo messed up by giving him multiple $30 code and then fixed the issue when they realized what they did.

Yeah, that sounds like what happened.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

DefHalan

theblackdragon wrote:

No matter what or how it happened, scams or no, this is why buying digital is always at your own risk. They can't take away a physical cartridge, but they can absolutely revoke a digital license. Keep that in mind, guys, when you're about to ridicule someone else for not choosing to purchase a digital version of a game for whatever reason. :3

Also game companies can always brick your system with updates or patches making your $200 machine worthless. So keep that in mind people when choosing to buy any game or system.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

theblackdragon

@DefHaian: if I did nothing wrong, played only games I purchased legally and did nothing to circumvent either hardware or software security measures, them having the option to brick my system is not covered by the EULA and they will either replace the system or refund me my money. If I purchase a digital version of a game, though, it's in the EULA that the license i've purchased may be revoked at any time, and you have to agree with the EULA in order to purchase the license in the first place. Try again. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

DefHalan

theblackdragon wrote:

@DefHaian: if I did nothing wrong, played only games I purchased legally and did nothing to circumvent either hardware or software security measures, them having the option to brick my system is not covered by the EULA and they will either replace the system or refund me my money. If I purchase a digital version of a game, though, it's in the EULA that the license i've purchased may be revoked at any time, and you have to agree with the EULA in order to purchase the license in the first place. Try again. :3

My point is that it is as likely of them bricking your system as it is removing a license just because they can.

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

While I get TBD's point, it's not like Nintendo is going to take away your games so long as you don't do anything stupid (assuming Nintendo isn't run by monkeys, of course). This is more like Nintendo acting like a normal retail store, cancelling people's orders when they try to exploit a loophole.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic