Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS to be Released on March 15, 2011? (Possibility)

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

Tasuki

UNC5052 wrote:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_i...

According to Gamestop.com, Madden NFL Football 3DS is going to be released on March 15, 2011 with a price of $39.99. Madden is supposed to be a launch game from what I have read which would mean that the 3DS would come out the same day. I know that Gamestop sometimes puts up approximate dates, but there is a possibility that this could be the real date. Also, with the $39.99 price tag, that may be the standard price for 3rd party 3DS games and the 1st party Nintendo games would probably be more expensive.

Gamestop never knows when the stuff is going to be released untill the company this case Nintendo says something. The reason that Gamestop has a release date is cause Gamestop makes the date up so that way they will get people reserving it there rather than somewhere else. The idea behind it according to Gamestop is that people are more willing to put down a reservation for a game or system if they are told a date rather than being told that its coming soon or that they dont know when. 99.99% of the time Gamestop is wrong on their release dates dont let them scam you. I will only trust a date when Nintendo says it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Hokori

I hope so I want to play SSF4 on st. Patrick's Day

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

LzWinky

This date is not official. Unless otherwise stated by the hardware manufacturer (in this case Nintendo), all dates are only tentative. Usually when companies like Gamestop put up games on their catalog before the official date is given, they place a tentative date that is usually the 1st or 15th of that month

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RoyalBlur

Tasuki wrote:

UNC5052 wrote:

According to Gamestop.com, Madden NFL Football 3DS is going to be released on March 15, 2011 with a price of $39.99. Madden is supposed to be a launch game from what I have read which would mean that the 3DS would come out the same day. I know that Gamestop sometimes puts up approximate dates, but there is a possibility that this could be the real date. Also, with the $39.99 price tag, that may be the standard price for 3rd party 3DS games and the 1st party Nintendo games would probably be more expensive.

Gamestop never knows when the stuff is going to be released untill the company this case Nintendo says something. The reason that Gamestop has a release date is cause Gamestop makes the date up so that way they will get people reserving it there rather than somewhere else. The idea behind it according to Gamestop is that people are more willing to put down a reservation for a game or system if they are told a date rather than being told that its coming soon or that they dont know when. 99.99% of the time Gamestop is wrong on their release dates dont let them scam you. I will only trust a date when Nintendo says it.

Everything that you said is indeed true.

Still, as I'm a big GameStop customer it's all fine and good with me because I'd rather have my 3DS reserved in so much as to ensure that I'll have a 3DS in hand come launch day instead of having to go on a wild goose chase in order to find one the way our family did for almost an entire week in search of a Nintendo Wii.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Joeynator3000

TokyoRed wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

UNC5052 wrote:

Everything that you said is indeed true.

Still, as I'm a big GameStop customer it's all fine and good with me because I'd rather have my 3DS reserved in so much as to ensure that I'll have a 3DS in hand come launch day instead of having to go on a wild goose chase in order to find one the way our family did for almost an entire week in search of a Nintendo Wii.

lol, I remember we had some Best Buy issue when we bought a Wii there on the first day. Forgot how it worked, said something in the paper that if you brought this ticket thing with you to the store on launch day in the morning you're guaranteed to get a Wii. But no, apparently you need some other crap and all that to do so...and they lied to us, then we tried going to other stores with all Wii's sold out, ugh! xD

Well, anyways March 15th seems okay-ish to me, I'm expecting it to be released sometime around that anyway.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

I'm so glad I live in the middle of Mississippi! I can't wait for the 2-3 people line at Gamestop for the 3DS's release!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Robo-goose

I'm expecting it to release on the 20th.
Which will probably be the same day as Pokemon B/W. (then again, B/W might release on April 17.)

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

Radbot42

If this came out on the Sunday of March 13 that would be the greatest Birthday Present I wouldn't get. I WANT the PURPLE one!!!

Radbot42

Ickaser

Based on what lz said about Gamestop putting tentative dates as 1st or 15th, that date makes perfect sense to just be tentative.

Pop Island!

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3108-0926

Aviator

Conker3000 wrote:

In the U.S. at least I know this for certain.

Gamecube came out on a Sunday.
Nintendo DS came out on a Sunday.
Nintendo Wii came out on a Sunday.

You guys seeing a pattern yet? 3DS will be on a Sunday.

Expectations were made to be broken.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

GEOFF

Yes it is definitely being released.
Nintendo have got that thing chained down, there's zero chance of it escaping

GEOFF

IanMage

I still cannot believe that NA does not have a solid official release date and price! I was expecting BOTH of those to be announced on September 29, but we still don't have it!!!

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

SpentAllMyTokens

$39.99 may be a reasonable price. I would imagine that Madden is a big enough franchise to release at the same price as first party games (though unlike first party titles, it would eventually receive a price drop). However, I wouldn't trust anything yet. Gamestop may just be willing to take a $5 or so hit to get preorders through itself. By putting up an actual price (even if it's not real) they get people preordering the system and games from them instead of amazon or something.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

TLink9

I think it is just marking the middle of the month. $40 is very reasonable in my opinion only 5 more dollars.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

omg when the wii came out there were people from the electronics section in the back of the store to the parking lot and aparently they had like 5000 wiis at the wal mart btw its in winnipeg

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

salty1264

5000 only for the first day

Edited on by salty1264

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

Kyloctopus

According to Gamestop Canada, Kid Icarus: Uprising is also the same price.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.