Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS to be Released on March 15, 2011? (Possibility)

Posts 1 to 20 of 40

UNC5052

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_i...

According to Gamestop.com, Madden NFL Football 3DS is going to be released on March 15, 2011 with a price of $39.99. Madden is supposed to be a launch game from what I have read which would mean that the 3DS would come out the same day. I know that Gamestop sometimes puts up approximate dates, but there is a possibility that this could be the real date. Also, with the $39.99 price tag, that may be the standard price for 3rd party 3DS games and the 1st party Nintendo games would probably be more expensive.

Edited on by UNC5052

PSN- UNC5052

Punny

Sounds about right, but I wouldn't suspect anything quite yet...

I'm back (for the moment)!

y2josh

Why would first party games be more expensive. Madden was 50 dollars when it first came out on the Wii. Same price as first party games.

y2josh

UNC5052

y2josh wrote:

Why would first party games be more expensive. Madden was 50 dollars when it first came out on the Wii. Same price as first party games.

For the ds, most of the 3rd party games were $29.99 while the first party games like Mario were $34.99.

PSN- UNC5052

DarkLloyd

i hope theres a red 3DS as an option to choose at launch cuz im not sure i can wait that long enough otherwise i might break and get the black one just to have it day one

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

triforceofcourage

hmmmmmm. why would the games be more expensive for the 3DS. i read that the Max. storage capacity for the 3DS game cards is about the same as the storage for the ds game cards. so why would the games cost more if it was the same quality chip? did i read some wrong info? is gamestop's price not correct or final? or is it just that they think they can charge more because its in 3D?

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

y2josh

Movie theaters charge more.

y2josh

irken004

triforceofcourage wrote:

i read that the Max. storage capacity for the 3DS game cards is about the same as the storage for the ds game cards.

The 3DS cartridges hold much more data than a DS cartridge. The 3DS cartridge is 2GB, DS cartridges are smaller.

the_shpydar

Next gen (handheld or console) always = higher price for games.
Also, they know we'll pay it.
the Shpydar's wallet says D'oh

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HolyMackerel

irken004 wrote:

triforceofcourage wrote:

i read that the Max. storage capacity for the 3DS game cards is about the same as the storage for the ds game cards.

The 3DS cartridges hold much more data than a DS cartridge. The 3DS cartridge is 2GB, DS cartridges are smaller.

8 megabits (Mb) = 1 megabyte (1 MB)

At launch, DS cartridges were up to 64 Mb (8 MB).
The largest DS cartridges are 4 Gb (512 MB). Very few are this size.
PSP UMDs are 900MB single layer and 1800MB dual layer.
3DS cartridges are up to 2GB (2048MB) in size.

Remember that UMDs are optical media (like CDs/DVDs, which generally can hold more), while 3DS carts are ROM and flash memory (like NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBA carts).

HolyMackerel

invmat

March 15 is NOT possible.
NoA releases everything (games/hardware) on a Monday.
NoE releases everything on a Friday.
March 15 2011 is on a Tuesday.

invmat

ItsFuzzyPickles

invmat wrote:

They only release Virtual Console/DSiWare/WiiWare on Monday's. Retail games come out on Tuesdays for the most part.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

iphys

Next gen doesn't necessarily mean more expensive. Back in the day, NES games were typically $60 and GB games were typically $35, which really isn't too different from the Wii and DS prices we have now.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Xkhaoz

March 15 sounds good. Only 10 days after my birthday.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

V8_Ninja

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell all...

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

invmat

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

invmat wrote:

They only release Virtual Console/DSiWare/WiiWare on Monday's. Retail games come out on Tuesdays for the most part.

Sorry man, my fault. NoE does release evrything on Friday, and so I thought NoA did that too.
Well, in that case, this release date remains possible.

Edited on by invmat

invmat

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

If they release it then, I want a green one with a shamrock!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

salty1264

i might get but im keeping my dsi too still

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.