Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS currently priced at $200 across Canada

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

komicturtle

Retailers are slashing the price of 3DS by $50- most ending the sale on July 31st. Those in Canada who don't have a 3DS but are looking into getting one should jump on this. Future Shop, Best Buy- to name a few, are doing this.

komicturtle

Hardy83

Doesn't matter. The price change is in 15 days and retailers like Futureshop, Walmart and BestBuy in both Canada and the US have a price policy where if there is a cheaper advertised price within 30 days of your purchase, they'll refund the difference +10%.

So regardless where you get it, make sure they have a price policy like that and you'll get the 20 games free and get the system at a cheaper price. MUAHAHA!
But yeah it's 200 and BB, FS and Walmart right now so if you don't have that extra 50 bucks.

Hardy83

komicturtle

Clever. But even though it's going to be $30 cheaper in the 14 days, you're saving $50 but also getting 20 games at a projected $150 value (predicting GBA games being $8-12 and NES being $5). You're getting a big bang theory for your buck :3

komicturtle

Tasuki

I am surprised that Nintendo hasnt sent a notice to retailers not to do that. I mean how many people are going to do do that heck I might do that when I get some money here so that way I can get the difference and the GBA games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

komicturtle

Keep in mind: This same thing happen before the Wii got a price cut of $150- retailers were knocking down the price of Wii all around. Nintendo didn't say anything then, so, I guess they wouldn't say anything now.

komicturtle

Hardy83

Retailers may sell at a loss to get rid of inventory, it doesn't affect Nintendo. They don't refund the difference, the same goes for pricing policies like the one I pointed out.

And yeah, save 50 bucks now, but if you bought it at full price before the price drop they would have to match it by refunding 80 bucks plus 10%.

Either way, if someone wants a 3DS now, it's probably the best time to do it.
If not, then the next time will probably be the 3DS Lite release, my guess.... Next fall.

Hardy83

bboy2970

Tasuki wrote:

I am surprised that Nintendo hasnt sent a notice to retailers not to do that. I mean how many people are going to do do that heck I might do that when I get some money here so that way I can get the difference and the GBA games.

That was there plan the whole time!! They make us all THINK "hey I'm gonna buy a 3DS right now at 200 dollars so I can get it cheap AND get the free games!!" If a few million do that it will be happy times at Nintendo!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

komicturtle

Next fall is too soon imo. I'm thinking a summer 2013 release. Nintendo seems to be releasing revisions in that Spring-Summer timeframe.

Also, those people have until July 31st (Sunday) to make their decision :3

komicturtle

Hardy83

komicturtle92 wrote:

Next fall is too soon imo. I'm thinking a summer 2013 release. Nintendo seems to be releasing revisions in that Spring-Summer timeframe.

Also, those people have until July 31st (Sunday) to make their decision :3

And I'm sure a lot of people before last night said a price drop this year is too soon. lol
It really all depends on how much of a sales boost the price drop and holiday software brings. To which we'll know in March when Nintendo states it's fiscal year.
Either it's super and they hold off, or it's poor and price drop again or release the "lite" version.

Edited on by Hardy83

Hardy83

iphys

Lol, EB Games just sent me an e-mail offering a 3DS for $190 for trading in a DS. What ripoff artists. I bet they'll turn around and sell all those DS systems for $100 each. This is why I never end up shopping at EB. I think I've only made one $20 purchase there in all my years, so it's a mystery to me who the people are that actually shop there.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

komicturtle

@Hardy83
Maybe

@iphys
I never trade in consoles. Unless I'm in a dire situation- but such circumstance has not yet occured :3

And I'd like to keep it that way.

komicturtle

Hardy83

Ugh. I bought one at Walmart, but I can't find their price policy anywhere. lol The girl I bought it from said I can come in on the 12th and they'll refund the difference, but I want to make sure before I open the box. I don't trust minimum wage employees caring enough to know store policies.

Hardy83

Blaze

You should all be ashamed. Nintendo will be ashamed of you. Stealing 20 free games from poor Nintendo. You should be a true ambassador like me!

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

komicturtle

@Hardy

Issue: You need to open that box, turn on the 3DS, set it up, update, connect to the eShop to get your 20 games. Also, here's the problem: This offer is tied to the 3DS, so, if you exchange it, you're not going to get the 20 games if you have a different 3DS, unless you contact Nintendo, make up a story, and tell them your Club Nintendo account that you can link to eShop (might as well do that for a better chance). Knowing Nintendo's amazing customer service, they may be able to hook you up.

I just think it's kinda funny that you didn't think of this

komicturtle

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.