Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 News Updates Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 376

Late

So KH supports second circle pad thing. That's a good thing for those who need better camera controlling but I think I'm just using the R button as in DS KH games (I hope centering with R is still available).

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

LordTendoboy

skywake wrote:

............... we're talking about a couple of potentiometers (variable resistors), some springs and a contact switch. A rechargeable battery would have been overkill (and costly) and drawing power from the 3DS wouldn't have "drained the system's battery very quickly". I don't know why they didn't draw power from the 3DS but I suspect it's either not possible or more expensive than throwing in a AAA battery.

In all seriousness though, it's yet another non-issue.

It certainly is an issue for WaltzElf.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

skywake

tendoboy1984 wrote:

It certainly is an issue for WaltzElf.

WaltzElf mostly took issue with the ridiculousness of your post and the only complaint towards Nintendo was that it should have had a rechargeable battery..... which you then agreed with. WaltzElf wasn't making it an issue. Your comment saying that it was better the way it was and that it couldn't and shouldn't have drained power from the 3DS was worthy of a full facepalm.

It's only a really big non issue because the fact that it's not going to chew through the batteries.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

To quote myself from last week

skywake wrote:

I'm still kinda confused about how this is supposed to work. It's hard to tell looking at the photos but it's not clear how it draws power or transmits it data to the 3DS. It covers the cartridge slot and the IR port so maybe it works by using one of them.

Looking closer the only way I can see it working is if it has it's own power supply and it uses the IR port to communicate. It doesn't look like there is any way they could connect it into the cartridge slot with the way it looks in the photos.

It simply doesn't add up because there don't appear to be any connections or ports anywhere you'd expect them to be. Nothing over the power socket, no contacts plugs or connections over the cartridge slot, no IR as far as I can see, not even anything over the SD Card slot.

Either the photos are of a prototype, it has a battery and works via some sort of wireless magics or it's total BS.

So I'm kinda surprised that it having a battery is a revelation.............

Edited on by skywake

LordTendoboy

@skywake

How does it connect to the 3DS? How does it transmit it's control input to 3DS games? Through the charge port?

[...

Late

Anyone else noticed a power-up in Mario Kart 7 with a image of number 7 from logo?
It's also nice to see Waluigi Pinball stage and Lakitu as a playable character

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Bankai

I really wish my Japanese was faster. So much of that presentation flew by and I had no idea what was being said.

Big pity, because I want more details on Dynasty Warriors Vs.

Is it really Vs? That's not typical for a DW game. Is if 4 player local or online? If online that's awesome.

Too many questions!

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

I really wish my Japanese was faster. So much of that presentation flew by and I had no idea what was being said.

Big pity, because I want more details on Dynasty Warriors Vs.

Is it really Vs? That's not typical for a DW game. Is if 4 player local or online? If online that's awesome.

Too many questions!

Hey I just wanted to apologize about the argument we had in that other thread. I'm just sick of always hearing about corporate politics from you whenever I ask a question. I hate politics, and a video game fansite is no place to be arguing about these semantics.

I appreciate you trying to enlighten people about the realities of business management, but many people don't really care about that stuff. I buy products to get something useful out of them. I don't care what goes on behind the scenes with the company's shareholders, CEO's, management reshuffling, buyouts, etc. All that political stuff is really irrelevant in the big scheme of things. I hate talking about that stuff, cause whenever I want to express an opinion you always shoot it down like you know all the answers.

I realize you have a degree in business. Just don't act like Mr. Know-it-all, cause whenever you argue with people who don't know about these things, it seems insulting.

Oh well. Can we please put this diatribe behind us and just talk about video games? No more politics, no more economic lessons, no more arguing about corporate strategies. Ok?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

komicturtle

My brother and cousins love the DW games and will probably dig this game. Hope it does have online support. Koei did a good job with Samurai Warriors with the DLC.

I really want to play a demo of Super mario 3D land! And Paper Mario!

And I can't wait for Mario Tennis!

komicturtle

skywake

So apparently Nintendo stocks went down after this conference. They went up earlier when the hype of this conference was building up but after the fact they went down again. We all kinda knew that MH3G was coming but I would've thought that MH4 would have been the HUGE positive to get out of this... apparently not because Capcom's stock also went down! What did they want?

I kinda understand that the big things in the conference (Mario Tennis and new footage of game's we already knew about) weren't going to set the world on fire but surely MH4 is a huge positive. Are investors that sure of the 3DS' failure that they think it continuing in this way and getting big titles will only slow the inevitable fail and take those third party developers down with them?

I know I'm clearly biased. I was happy just seeing new Skyward Sword footage, hearing that 3D video recording was actually on the way, that 4 Swords was soon and that Mario Kart has cool streetpass stuffs. Even with my clear bias in mind I can't wrap my head around the pessimism for Nintendo's future post this press conference. It was hardly Wii Music.........

RoyalBlur

I was completely impressed with last night's presentation from Nintendo and I'm not going to let the doubters and the haters get me down. The high point for me last night was that magnificent Bravely Default: Flying Fairy from Square Enix along with the unexpected Mario Tennis presentation. I can't say that I was disappoint at all last night. The opening with Skyward Sword was completely unexpected but it only served to increase my anticipation of the game even more. I'm more excited about all things Zelda than I am for Kid Icarus because the former has such an incredible captivating power. I really like Kid Icarus but there just is something about Hyrule, Zelda, Link and Tingle that I can't shake. I'm sure Kid Icarus is going to be great but right now I'm all about the Hero of Time.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Yasume

The new games are great and all but what exactly was this big announcement that Nintendo was supposed to reveal on the 13th (today)? Mario Tennis? Fire Emblem? Or has it yet to come?

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

komicturtle

I'm not worried about the stocks or whatever. I can't wait to get these games.

I'm a gamer. Not an investor. And seemingly, most investors out there don't play video games as your average gamer, considering the comments I've read in some other places where they were clearly ignorant and had no idea what they were talking about in terms of video games. I'm sure the investors who love video games and actually plays them an average amount wouldn't be so negative.

Plus, most of the people who invested in Nintendo were the ones who wanted to feed off the Wii's and DS' success. At least, that's my impression. I guess they really want Nintendo to focus on casuals to rake in money. That's just stupid. As for Capcom... No idea why their stocks would drop. MH sells systems in Japan. With MH3G to tide fans over for MH4, I question the logic of investors.

All I know is that my investment in these games are far more important to Nintendo and Capcom than money grubbing old investors..

komicturtle

retired_account

Mario Tennis was an unexpected (and welcome) surprise. Looks a bit too similar to Mario Power Tennis, but if it has online then it'll be worth it.

Also Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter. Yeeeeaaah baby!

retired_account

RoyalBlur

Another thing that was totally unexpected was the Miku Vocaloid game. It was so shocking for me because I had been going through Google Images eating up anything Vocaloid related and therefore I was really fired up after seeing that adorable and charming trailer. I know my sister will certainly like it.

All in all, my money is set on SE's Bravely Default. Last night in all my excitement and fascination with the beauty of it's aesthetics and presentation I mistook it to be Beauty Default: Flying Fairy and I posted it as such to youtube and I had to go back and adjust the title after realizing my mistake. Plus, the princess or what ever she might be at the beginning of the trailer really had me thinking this game was called 'Beauty Defaut'. At first I thought this was a sequel to Four Heroes of Light but I'm guessing it isn't?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Oregano

Games I definitely want:
Monster Hunter Tri G
Resident Evil: Revelations
Beyond the Labyrinth
Pirate Slime
Bravely Default
Tekken 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion 2
MONSTER HUNTER 4

Games I might want:
Dynasty Warriors Vs
Rhythm Thief
Ace Combat
Soccer game(unfortunately don't know the name)
Culdcept
Fatal Frame

I'm definitely happy.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

skywake

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'm not worried about the stocks or whatever. I can't wait to get these games.

I'm a gamer. Not an investor [....]

All I know is that my investment in these games are far more important to Nintendo and Capcom than money grubbing old investors..

I agree 100%..... but I still have no idea how someone could have looked at that conference and thought Nintendo and Capcom's futures were worse as a result. Clearly these third parties have a lot more trust in the 3DS platform than they appeared to have a few months ago. I can only see the positive in that for Nintendo but, more importantly, for us as people who want to see more great 3DS games.

Knux

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Hey I just wanted to apologize about the argument we had in that other thread. I'm just sick of always hearing about corporate politics from you whenever I ask a question. I hate politics, and a video game fansite is no place to be arguing about these semantics.

I appreciate you trying to enlighten people about the realities of business management, but many people don't really care about that stuff. I buy products to get something useful out of them. I don't care what goes on behind the scenes with the company's shareholders, CEO's, management reshuffling, buyouts, etc. All that political stuff is really irrelevant in the big scheme of things. I hate talking about that stuff, cause whenever I want to express an opinion you always shoot it down like you know all the answers.

I realize you have a degree in business. Just don't act like Mr. Know-it-all, cause whenever you argue with people who don't know about these things, it seems insulting.

Oh well. Can we please put this diatribe behind us and just talk about video games? No more politics, no more economic lessons, no more arguing about corporate strategies. Ok?

That doesn't sound like a real apology to me, Tendoboy.

Anyway, what the eff do the investors want? Are two Monster Hunter games not good enough for them?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Rm88

I love the Mario Tennis games, but it's difficult for me to get excited when that clip looks almost exactly like Power Tennis. I'll wait until it gets more development time before I decide I want it. Those models... they're starting to recycle models like Capcom did for ages with their 2D fighters. I wish they'd give more freedom to the art direction in Mario games.

Edited on by Rm88

ギャグ100回分愛してください

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.