Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 241 to 260 of 284

Eel

Kid Icarus is hard to play in all models, which tells me it's not the kind of game that the intended audience of this one will be too interested in.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to play (for a bigger kid-to-adult, which is the intended public for the game anyway), the thing is not as big as you guys seem to think, it's actually shorter than a normal 3DS (when open). You'd just hold the console from the top left corner and have your other hand on the screen.

You'd have play on a table or bed or you'd get tired soon, but that's the same with the other 3DS models.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GuSolarFlare

Morphtorok wrote:

Kid Icarus is hard to play in all models, which tells me it's not the kind of game that the intended audience of this one will be too interested in.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to play (for a bigger kid-to-adult, which is the intended public for the game anyway), the thing is not as big as you guys seem to think, it's actually shorter than a normal 3DS (when open). You'd just hold the console from the top left corner and have your other hand on the screen.

You'd have play on a table or bed or you'd get tired soon, but that's the same with the other 3DS models.

I put my little finger on the L button and use it to use zoom/give more support to my 3DS while aiming(I'm lefty) and it feels just right(it would be impossible on the 3DS XL though)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

nilcam

I preordered my blue 2DS today. The 3D effect gives me a headache and I don't find the 3DS XL to be very comfortable. When I look at the 2DS button/d-pad positioning it looks much more comfortable. I also like that it has the original screen size as the larger screens on the XL make the graphics look pixelated.

nilcam

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6884-0112 | Nintendo Network ID: nilcam

GuSolarFlare

@LJM has posted a similar image in other thread(this one's actually the same but slightly changed) hope the future 2DS users(and hopefully fellow streetpassers ) like it:
Untitled

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Snagrio

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@LJM has posted a similar image in other thread(this one's actually the same but slightly changed) hope the future 2DS users(and hopefully fellow streetpassers ) like it:
Untitled

At the risk of sounding incredibly fanboyish, that's freaking awesome.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

sharkemon

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Untitled

Hahah I'm a fan of the vita but that's still great.

Nintendo Network ID: sharkemon
3DS XL Friend Code: 4356-0310-3357

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 7000-2805-8895

Snagrio

Wait a minute, many have been calling the 2DS a door stopper (because frankly it does look like one), and the initials are D and S...

Either it was unintentional or I'm horrible at noticing jokes.

Snagrio

Big_Boy_Chubs

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! I'M BUYING ONE! IT'S SO CHEAP!

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

skywake

I think it's very simple if you look at the price and the price of the products it will be competing with in that part of the market. Consider this, little Johnny wants a game thing for Christmas and has given his parents a list that lists just about everything you can think of. Parents go out present hunting and are faced with having to buy the thing.... see the prices (and I'll list Australian prices because that's easier for me)...

3DSXL: $250AU
3DS: $200AU
Vita: $350AU
iPod Touch: $250

Now the Vita is expensive so you don't bother with that and maybe you've heard about 3D being damaging to kids eyes. You like Apple stuffs, your kid likes playing games on your phone. It's about the same price as a 3DS especially given you have to buy a game with it so maybe you go for that.

Enter the 2DS at $150AU and all of a sudden it's a very easy choice. You can pay the $150, don't have to worry about 3D lasers burning your kids eyes STILL buy them the Pokemans AND pocket $50AU. Win, win, win. Obviously it's not for everyone and obviously the 3DS is doing well as it is anyway. It's already a good value compared to the other products on the market. However the 2DS actually makes it an even better value for some sections of the market.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GuSolarFlare

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! I'M BUYING ONE! IT'S SO CHEAP!

well 2DS will bring dow the axe of justice over VITA(but I wanted to have a vita.... I actually wanted every videogame.... I just stick with nintendo only because it's "safer", 90% chance I'll like a nintendo game , and somewhat cheaper)
the 2DS is amazing now people who can't/"don't want to" pay for a 3DS, those who dislike the 3DS open/close design and kids with overcareful parents will be able to play too(and my "streetpass rate" will skyrocket!!!!!!)

my Backloggery

LyIa

skywake wrote:

I think it's very simple if you look at the price and the price of the products it will be competing with in that part of the market. Consider this, little Johnny wants a game thing for Christmas and has given his parents a list that lists just about everything you can think of. Parents go out present hunting and are faced with having to buy the thing.... see the prices (and I'll list Australian prices because that's easier for me)...

3DSXL: $250AU
3DS: $200AU
Vita: $350AU
iPod Touch: $250

Now the Vita is expensive so you don't bother with that and maybe you've heard about 3D being damaging to kids eyes. You like Apple stuffs, your kid likes playing games on your phone. It's about the same price as a 3DS especially given you have to buy a game with it so maybe you go for that.

Enter the 2DS at $150AU and all of a sudden it's a very easy choice. You can pay the $150, don't have to worry about 3D lasers burning your kids eyes STILL buy them the Pokemans AND pocket $50AU. Win, win, win. Obviously it's not for everyone and obviously the 3DS is doing well as it is anyway. It's already a good value compared to the other products on the market. However the 2DS actually makes it an even better value for some sections of the market.

THIS GUY know what he's talking about. Hats off.

all men are kings 👑

sugarpixel

GuSilverFlame wrote:

...those who dislike the 3DS open/close design...

Who...?

I've heard complaints about the 3D, but I've never heard anyone complain that the system closes...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

...those who dislike the 3DS open/close design...

Who...?

I've heard complaints about the 3D, but I've never heard anyone complain that the system closes...

me neither, just put it there to avoid any possible extra discussion

my Backloggery

LzWinky

And many conveniently ignore the 2DS's intended target audience. Why does every product have to suited to your wants?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And many conveniently ignore the 2DS's intended target audience. Why does every product have to suited to your wants?

I didn't understand the 2DS at first. now as long as it still ends having streetpass I like it(but if it has no streetpass it'll become an abomination so many kids with a 2DS around instead of a 3DS and no streetpass hits it would be even more depressing than checking streetpasses on mondays, never more than one single other 3DS user....)

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@ScroogeMcLz: I wrote this a couple days ago. It definitely seems like more people should read this and what @skywake wrote, doesn't it?

Gioku wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

I wonder, does the 2ds have better resolution then the small 3ds?, if it does that would be awesome, but I don't like the fact that the sound will be mono because of the one speaker.

From what I've seen, the resolution is exactly the same. And I wouldn't expect it to be different. They're not going to alienate their consumers, that would be a terrible idea. All three models will work exactly the same, just slightly different from each other. If you want 3D, go with the 3DS. If you want big screens, go with the 3DS XL. You will not feel 'left out' this way; whatever model you have will do what you want. If one of the models had higher resolution, that one would have an advantage over the others and owners of the other models might end up feeling cheated.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Eel

That's how I feel when I see that image that shows a mono-screen 2DS and says "this what the 2ds should've been".

Seriously, these people have no idea that making the 2DS too different from the 3DS would've been a terrible thing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snagrio

GuSilverFlame wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I didn't understand the 2DS at first. now as long as it still ends having streetpass I like it(but if it has no streetpass it'll become an abomination so many kids with a 2DS around instead of a 3DS and no streetpass hits it would be even more depressing than checking streetpasses on mondays, never more than one single other 3DS user....)

The 2DS still has StreetPass and whatnot. It was talked about in a PAX video.

Snagrio

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.