Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 221 to 240 of 284

sugarpixel

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Seems more useful to keep the "IT PLAYS 3DS AND DS GAMES" stamp on the box of the console instead.

Yeah, it'll probably just go on the 2DS box. The 3DS will still be the main console; the 2DS is just extra. That's why I'm more okay with it now that I know more about it; it isn't marketed for me.

be careful.... that's what everyone said when the DS came around(and the most recurring excuse nintendo used about the DS) it could play GBA but everyone said "GBA will still be the main handheld" and then the DS took the throne..... in the end it was a good thing because if it hadn't happened the 3DS would never exist....

The only thing is, the 2DS doesn't play anything that the 3DS doesn't. The DS could play, well, DS games, and the GBA could not. There is nothing the 2DS can do that the 3DS can't. Unless they start making '2DS exclusive' games, I don't see this happening. And if they do make 2DS exclusive games, I would expect them to be aimed at children. Like edutainment games, that sort of thing. I could see that happening.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Seems more useful to keep the "IT PLAYS 3DS AND DS GAMES" stamp on the box of the console instead.

Yeah, it'll probably just go on the 2DS box. The 3DS will still be the main console; the 2DS is just extra. That's why I'm more okay with it now that I know more about it; it isn't marketed for me.

be careful.... that's what everyone said when the DS came around(and the most recurring excuse nintendo used about the DS) it could play GBA but everyone said "GBA will still be the main handheld" and then the DS took the throne..... in the end it was a good thing because if it hadn't happened the 3DS would never exist....

The only thing is, the 2DS doesn't play anything that the 3DS doesn't. The DS could play, well, DS games, and the GBA could not. There is nothing the 2DS can do that the 3DS can't. Unless they start making '2DS exclusive' games, I don't see this happening. And if they do make 2DS exclusive games, I would expect them to be aimed at children. Like edutainment games, that sort of thing. I could see that happening.

I hope you're right..... I REALLY hope you're right.....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TeeJay

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I hope you're right..... I REALLY hope you're right.....

He's right.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

I wonder, does the 2ds have better resolution then the small 3ds?, if it does that would be awesome, but I don't like the fact that the sound will be mono because of the one speaker.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Undead_terror wrote:

I wonder, does the 2ds have better resolution then the small 3ds?, if it does that would be awesome, but I don't like the fact that the sound will be mono because of the one speaker.

From what I've seen, the resolution is exactly the same. And I wouldn't expect it to be different. They're not going to alienate their consumers, that would be a terrible idea. All three models will work exactly the same, just slightly different from each other. If you want 3D, go with the 3DS. If you want big screens, go with the 3DS XL. You will not feel 'left out' this way; whatever model you have will do what you want. If one of the models had higher resolution, that one would have an advantage over the others and owners of the other models might end up feeling cheated.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

hey everyone I saw an image that teaches you to make your own 2DS:
Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Eel

What Gioku said.

That's also the reason it isn't a full tablet.

Had they made it with a single big touchscreen, that would most definitely convert it into another console and then it would have the chance to over take the 3DS.

They don't want to make a new console or an upgrade, they just want to give more options for the current console without alienating other customers or making a "definitve" version of it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Klimbatize

Look, anything that's going to allow me to StreetPass with more 6 year olds is a major plus in my book.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

GuSolarFlare

Undead_terror wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

hey everyone I saw an image that teaches you to make your own 2DS:
Untitled

Now, what about the 2ds model?

it was a joke.......................
I've stopped to think and noticed the 2DS means more Streetpass hits and that's great for me!

my Backloggery

6ch6ris6

i dont get why people say it is better to have the 2ds with no hidges.
instead of breaking the hidges people will scratch there screens to death.

i love that gif, gusilverflame !!
i already have a 2DS. before launch hahahaha

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Eel

6ch6ris6 wrote:

As a kid with a gbc that never bothered me. And you should see my gbc. It's painful for me now.
Kids don't worry about the state of their screens or consoles as much as we obsessive adults and teens.

Even then, they sell you a carrying bag to keep the screens safe.

And to be honest, I(the hypothetical parent or child) 'd rather have a scratched screen than to have to replace the whole system for an "oopsie, the thing went snap" or suffer the "it closes itself!" Syndrome.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

GuSolarFlare

Morphtorok wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

As a kid with a gbc that never bothered me. And you should see my gbc. It's painful for me now.
Kids don't worry about the state of their screens or consoles as much as we obsessive adults and teens.

Even then, they sell you a carrying bag to keep the screens safe.

And to be honest, I(the hypothetical parent or child) 'd rather have a scratched screen than to have to replace the whole system for an "oopsie, the thing went snap" or suffer the "it closes itself!" Syndrome.

I still don't mind the sorry state of my GBC as it is the only GB I have that still works and surprisingly the buttons are in a better state than my DS lite's buttons and, for me, the buttons and the playability are what matters............

my Backloggery

Pokefanmum82

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@mumof3kids82

why not buy a standart 3DS then? you can use the parental controlls there. the 3DS has the same screen sizes as the standart 3DS.
why buy your daughter a gaming handheld anyway if she doesnt play much videogames.

not judging your skill in parenting or whatever. i just dont understand your point

My point is that I don't understand why people assume that parents have bundles of money to spend on consoles. I sure as hell don't. I like the idea of this for my 5 year old daughter. Plus she happens to love video games but they aren't her life. Why would I spend $200 dollars for something my daughter will use once a day when I can get a cheaper 2DS that plays the 3DS games. It means that I will be able to buy more games for her to play. Does that get my point across?
I know how to use the parental controls since my 6 year old has a XL like me.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

Just like on the other 3DS models.

Why would you want to get this model to play kid icarus anyway?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

GuSolarFlare

KiDasharus wrote:

Dunno if this has already been said.

How the heck are you supposed to play Kid Icarus Uprising on this? :/

@KiDasharus that's what I've been saying since the start , even in this thread if you look posts from yesterday.....

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@KiDasharus:

Gioku wrote:

And I really think that, over everything else, the worst part about it is the placement of the shoulder buttons; or really, just the buttons in general. There are games (KI:U) that require use of the touchscreen and the L/R buttons at the same time - that really wouldn't work very well with this setup. If they dropped them onto the back, a la the WiiU gamepad, its main issue would be removed. But as it stands, it seems like a bad design choice to move the touchscreen so far from the buttons.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.