Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 201 to 220 of 284

19Robb92

MrMario02 wrote:

@19Robb92 Actually it works with Stereo headphones so the 2DS can't display stereo sound on it's own.

I know.

We were talking about the 2DS only having one speaker though.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Vizard18

Personally, I really don't like the 2DS I don't hate It I just don't like it :/, but now It seems that It is more suited for children like the age of 7 then It may suit really good to them since some of them are clumsy and such. And since It will be released at the day pokemon X and Y comes Nintendo can really get a nice profit of it! And since children really like pokemon It would be really profitable for them.

So I 50% agree and 50% disagree : p

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

sugarpixel

I have come to this decision: When I get the new Pokémon game (I'm getting Pokémon Y) on launch day, just to spite those who bought the 2DS in order to play it, I'm going to play Pokémon Y in 3D 100% of the time! XD

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Chris720

@Gioku But think of the children who's parents buy them this abomination when they explicitly asked for a 3DS!

And those poor children who are given this at Christmas because of dumb parents. And the game retailers having to deal with confused parents asking where the 2DS games are. And parents not understanding how Parental Controls work...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Caryslan

Gioku wrote:

I have come to this decision: When I get the new Pokémon game (I'm getting Pokémon Y) on launch day, just to spite those who bought the 2DS in order to play it, I'm going to play Pokémon Y in 3D 100% of the time! XD

Good for you, but what's the point? Not everyone likes the 3D or can properly see it. For me, I play all my 3DS games with the 3D off since it's hard to see with my eyes and I would rather have the longer battery.

The 2DS is not a bad idea, especially since it does seem to be marketed to children.

I dunno, spiteing people who buy a 2DS for various reasons just seems petty.

Caryslan

6ch6ris6

woke up this morning, logging into nintendolife, seeing this thread and thinking:
"damn i thought it was just a dream"

still cant believe nintendo made a "2 D S" 2DS ! 2 freacking DS !!

on another gaming site i read that the 2DS is actually heavier than the orginial 3DS. WHY ????

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Pokefanmum82

Most parents understand how parental controls work thank you very much @Chris720. Some satellite companies have parental controls built into their receivers. And as a parent of three kids myself I take great offense to that. I am thinking of getting this for my daughter for her birthday because I can't afford to shell out $232 dollars to get her an XL. Especially if I'm afraid she will drop it and also she doesn't really play video games all that much. It is a cheap alternative for those of us who are struggling to make ends meet. If you don't like that's fine but don't assume that all parents are too dumb to figure out parental controls.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

6ch6ris6

@mumof3kids82

why not buy a standart 3DS then? you can use the parental controlls there. the 3DS has the same screen sizes as the standart 3DS.
why buy your daughter a gaming handheld anyway if she doesnt play much videogames.

not judging your skill in parenting or whatever. i just dont understand your point

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Eel

Seriously at the people hating on this.

-playing your 3DS on 3D to "spite" those who buy this won't hurt anyone, nobody cares about you or notices what you do.
-kids who get this after saying they want a 3DS because they parents are so "dumb" will get exactly that, a 3DS.
-stop trying to shield your hate ideas behind the parental controls that's not what this thing is about. 3D adds price, this aims to be cheaper, the "safer 2D only" thing they have been advertising is only to make it more attractive to worried parents.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Inflame227

I bought a 3ds xl just to play pokemon x and y. I don't even use the 3d cause it hurts my eyes, just in it for the big screen.

Inflame227

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2141-9392

WebHead

Honestly, I don't get why people call this thing super ugly. No, it isn't the prettiest thing ever made, but it isn't nearly as ugly as the sega handhelds or that Nokia N-Gage lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Eel

I know right?

It's just an opened normal 3DS. With the controllers a little to the north, because it would be impossible to use otherwhise.

To be honest, the more I see it, the more I kinda want one, just for collecting.

Just look at it... It's almost cute.

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

WebHead

I actually like the design. It's basically if you fused a 3DS with a GBA.

Heck I'll probably get a 2DS once my current 3DS XL gets to beat up and/or starts to not function properly.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Uncle_Franklin

Will 3DS games now have a '2DS' label on them as well?

Uncle_Franklin

Eel

Seems more useful to keep the "IT PLAYS 3DS AND DS GAMES" stamp on the box of the console instead.

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

sugarpixel

Morphtorok wrote:

Seems more useful to keep the "IT PLAYS 3DS AND DS GAMES" stamp on the box of the console instead.

Yeah, it'll probably just go on the 2DS box. The 3DS will still be the main console; the 2DS is just extra. That's why I'm more okay with it now that I know more about it; it isn't marketed for me.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Reala

Its great for those clumsy people that keep breaking their things, now just add a helmet along with knee pads, elbow pads and adult diaper and your done.

Reala

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Yeah, it'll probably just go on the 2DS box. The 3DS will still be the main console; the 2DS is just extra. That's why I'm more okay with it now that I know more about it; it isn't marketed for me.

be careful.... that's what everyone said when the DS came around(and the most recurring excuse nintendo used about the DS) it could play GBA but everyone said "GBA will still be the main handheld" and then the DS took the throne..... in the end it was a good thing because if it hadn't happened the 3DS would never exist....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.