Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 181 to 200 of 284

HankLangley

TheLilK98 wrote:

I-U wrote:

Not-Gansano wrote:

Who the hell would do that? Nobody carrys around a handheld in there HANDS unless there playing it. i mean seriously thats frikin common knowledge there :/

I expect people to be playing a game system if they have it with them, especially if their only storage option beyond that is their pockets.

What if you're playing it on the way to a meeting, or school? I don't know about you, but I'd rather be able to slip my system in my pocket than just sit there with it on my lap or in my hand the entire time looking like an idiot. especially since it looks like something straight out of Fischer Price.
Also, how the HELL do you put that thing in sleep mode?

sleep button at bottom

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

TheLilK98

Not-Gansano wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I-U wrote:

Not-Gansano wrote:

Who the hell would do that? Nobody carrys around a handheld in there HANDS unless there playing it. i mean seriously thats frikin common knowledge there :/

I expect people to be playing a game system if they have it with them, especially if their only storage option beyond that is their pockets.

What if you're playing it on the way to a meeting, or school? I don't know about you, but I'd rather be able to slip my system in my pocket than just sit there with it on my lap or in my hand the entire time looking like an idiot. especially since it looks like something straight out of Fischer Price.

sleep button at bottom

Aah. Didn't see that.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

For those of you poo-poo-ing the 2ds, I JUST got my 3ds xl today. While I have no regrets, I've been on the fence as to whether I should get one, and I would have gotten this in a heartbeat at this price. I depending on how I like this, I might even recommend that my GF get this, as she was looking to get a tablet to watch netflix, surf the Web. One other thing- I was reading that nintendo was wanting to get into eBooks- they have 30 million 3ds users, this could help them become a tablet alternative. Would be really cool if this had Wii U integration some day.

rockodoodle

I-U

TheLilK98 wrote:

What if you're playing it on the way to a meeting, or school?

Why would you bother playing a dedicated gaming device for a short trip? I could see that as an issue for those people. I just didn't think many people had to constantly have their handhelds with them.

TheLilK98 wrote:

It has a slider towards the bottom.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

jsubbuteo

The more I read the more I want to try the 2DS. Shoulder button layout, don't need the 3D - I can't really see it anyway. It may be marketed for under 7, but my big hands this could work.

jsubbuteo

Big_Boy_Chubs

WANT
THE
2DS
SO
BAD

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

jsubbuteo

I also have broken hinges on Ds's and this beast (don't mean that in a bad way) looks durable.

jsubbuteo

sugarpixel

I think I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance over this thing... I mean, I don't really like the thing, but I have this gnawing feeling like I might actually want one... 0_o

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

moomoo

Ralizah wrote:

And, of all people, here's what Michael Pachter had to say:
"The 2DS is a great idea, should boost sales meaningfully. I think a lot of people don't care about the 3D feature, this gives them a choice"

Because, you know, being forced to play everything in 2D gives people a choice, but having a slider to switch between 2D and 3D is just forcing itself on people...

Um, if you don't want the 3D effect, it's nice that there's an option that doesn't force you to pay for the option to use it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

UltraUmbreon

I remember making a joke about a "supposed" 2DS 2 years ago.... This is the worst attempt to make money Nintendo.... sticking with my 3DS XL.... Wii U price cut... might convince me to buy it.

3DS FC: 0920-0426-0364
PlayStation Name: EpicBlaze100

3DS Friend Code: 0920-0426-0364

Electricmastro

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Soooo, what's next? 1DS?

You mean this?

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

LordJumpMad

@Electricmastro
No this is.

LordJumpMad wrote:

I'll wait for the 1DS
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

Tempted to get this for my daughter. Her birthday is coming up ( Oct 20) and she wants to be able to play Animal Crossing. Just not sure about the screens. It just looks easier for her to drop it and break the screens. I've had it done to one of my XLs.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

The system seems to be sturdier, the normal models are thiner and mode delicate with their hinges.

Since the corners are rounder and farther away from the screens, I'd assume it will be better with accidental falls too. Unless it falls screen-first on a sharp rock or something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

19Robb92

Undead_terror wrote:

I realized that the 2ds has only one speaker...

Yepp, it only has mono support.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Whydoievenbother

@19Robb92 Actually it works with Stereo headphones so the 2DS can't display stereo sound on it's own.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

dumedum

Well people with the XL say the sound volume sux anyway so they use headphones anyway. One more reason that the Original 3DS is the best.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.