Forums

Topic: System Update 4/24

Posts 1 to 20 of 46

grumblegrumble

The new system update that adds folder support to the 3DS is now available in the States (well, I live in New Mexico so it's available there at least. lol)

Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up! The e-shop was down for a few hours prior to this, too.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

the_shpydar

I'm in NY and also available here as well. Now to figure out how i want to organize everything (really wish the folder icons would display more than one letter) ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Chris720

Anyone seen the new eShop layout? Looks hideous!

It's nice we have folders now though... but the eShop, oh the eShop... the main page is an eye sore!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

They managed to spiff up the eShop (again?) but not add the most basic of things: an alphabetical list of all the games in the eShop, so you can, y'know, actually find all of them without having to know their names beforehand. This is where Nintendo Life comes in handy, I suppose.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

DeadAntelopesGo

I really like the layout of the new eShop. I like how it has the core categories along the bottom and the really wierd, random categories on top.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

Dizzy_Boy

i`ve just downloaded the update.
the two things that are obvious at the moment are the folders and the layout of the eshop has changed.
for those who`ve not downloaded the update yet, the folders will be the main draw. but this is want i`ve found so far.
to create a new folder, on the main page, instead of selecting a game, you need select an empty spot. you then get the option to create a folder in that spot. the option is at the bottom of the screen.
you can create as many folders as you want, and move the folders where you want them to be.
you cannot move the settings, eshop, or cart tiles into any folder.
also, you cannot move one folder into another, nor can you create a folder within a folder.
you can rename the folders, and the folder will show the first letter or number of the name given to that folder.
the eshop has only had a shuffle round of the options to make things a little easier to get to.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

BenAV

Update's available in Australia too, which means that it's probably available in all the PAL regions I'd say.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Got the update right before my 3DS died on me. Anyway I got to mess around with the folders and the eShop. I love the folders saves a TON of space on the menu. The new layout of the eShop looks alright nothing big however.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

e-love

I'll be downloading this soon, so the eShop got an update? I'm curious to see how it looks.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

pastasauce

The new eShop is useless, it is no easier to find things than the old one.

pastasauce

grumblegrumble

The new folders are actually kind of a let down, imho. You can only name them in a limited field of text (like in your Friends list status message) and they don't use pictures for the folders, instead, they use the first letter of the folders name. The icon that floats on the screen above looks bland and you can't assign a game's picture to it. Argh. ANyways, I won't be b*tchy. lol. Any update is a good update, imho. We are inching closer to more customization. Im still stumped why we can't change the theme!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

TysonOfTime

Knuckles wrote:

Is the Mario Kart 7 update yet?

No, I don't believe it is patched yet.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Pogocoop

I got to spell out "Gumi <3" With my folders , so all in all , this update is a rousing success in my books.

But in all seriousness, its not Awful, but its not great. It does right what it says on the tin, it adds folders, which is cool, but lacking flash, really, it seems kinda boring...

And frankly, the eShop redesign was unnecessary IMO

Edited on by Pogocoop

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

TheKingOfTown

Knuckles wrote:

Is the Mario Kart 7 update yet?

It comes in May.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

skywake

I'm pretty happy with the update. Does what it says on the tin, folders are win for us Ambassadors and the eShop update isn't nearly as bad as people are saying. I guess there's a bit of "new Facebook" going on here because TBH there's nothing much to complain about.

I mean what... you guys dislike the fact that the more "system" type things aren't all the way to the left anymore? I don't know about you guys but the first thing I do when I open the eShop is look at the "what's new" thing and maybe the charts. Then I'll go all the way to the right and check out what new folder things they have. This update makes the eShop more usable. What's to complain about?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RR529

Just organized my games by genre (Action, Apps, Arcade, Platformers, Puzzle, RPG, and Sports & Racing)! The folders are a bit bland, I'll admit, but they do the job as advertised, so nothing to complain about.

Also like the new eShop update. Looks a lot more professional (I like that Virtual Console and 3D Games are now handily at the bottom, so you don't have to fish around for them).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.