Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 261 to 280 of 295

Chrono_Cross

Eureka wrote:

Yeah, was somewhat talking about bosses...and was mainly referring to a final boss...its probably the reason why I enjoy the majority of the Mario RPGs more. Because Bowser isn't in the spotlight for main villain.

Exactly. I like Skyward Sword's take on with a new antagonist. And Zant from Twilight Princess. So why can't main series Mario be like Zelda?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Undead_terror

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Eureka wrote:

Yeah, was somewhat talking about bosses...and was mainly referring to a final boss...its probably the reason why I enjoy the majority of the Mario RPGs more. Because Bowser isn't in the spotlight for main villain.

Exactly. I like Skyward Sword's take on with a new antagonist. And Zant from Twilight Princess. So why can't main series Mario be like Zelda?

they could make giga bowser in a game yet it was the work of some other villian that brain washed bowser so when you think it was the final battle it really was not

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Eureka wrote:

Because main series Mario doesn't try to have a good story. It's not necessary.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Chrono_Cross

It would still be Bowser though. Giga or not.

Just for you.

e-love

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Well Mario and Zelda are different in the sense that Zelda games are more story driven and (somehow) follow an overall timeline. So there can't be Ganondorf in every single game, That would be too hard to work into the series timeline. Mario games however, are very easy to use Bowser as a bad guy for most of the games. Another thing, Ganondorf has always been killed then revived in his appearances. Bowser never actually dies.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

I've always wanted to see a villain from the RPG Mario games be the antagonist in a main Super Mario game. Like Fawful could work

Chrono_Cross

Emaan1 wrote:

Well Mario and Zelda are different in the sense that Zelda games are more story driven and (somehow) follow an overall timeline. So there can't be Ganondorf in every single game that would be too hard to work into the series timeline. Mario games however, are very easy to use Bowser as a bad guy for most of the games. Another thing, Ganondorf has always been killed then revived in his appearances. Bowser never actually dies. I don't know.

Too hard to have Ganon in every Zelda entry? What? Either way it's not going to be hard to switch Bowser out for a new antagonist. Nintendo has done it before.

TysonQ7 wrote:

So a new antagonist requires a good storyline? Wow, who knew?

Just for you.

e-love

@Chrono_Cross, Do you really think the Zelda games wouldn't start feeling repetitive if in every game Ganon was revived right after you just defeated him?

TysonOfTime

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well... Pretty much. If it's a GOOD antagonist.

Undead_terror

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ya you fight him but remember in brawl look at his move set,its elemental and stuff and then i said he wash brain washed and given power by some other stronger villian that would be the real final boss

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

dark-insanity wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ya you fight him but remember in brawl look at his move set,its elemental and stuff and then i said he wash brain washed and given power by some other stronger villian that would be the real final boss

That has too much story for a 2D Mario game. Maybe a 3D one...

Chrono_Cross

Emaan1 wrote:

@Chrono_Cross, Do you really think the Zelda games wouldn't start feeling repetitive if in every game Ganon was revived right after you just defeated him?

They already do regardless of whether or not Ganon is in it. But then again, that's a different discussion for another day.

WaveBoy wrote:

Mouser >>>>>>>>>>>Bowser

This. <3

@Insanity
True but I don't that happening anytime soon. lol

Just for you.

Undead_terror

TysonQ7 wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

That has too much story for a 2D Mario game. Maybe a 3D one...

ah crap i forgot it was 2d there for a sec

Joeynator3000

TysonQ7 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well... Pretty much. If it's a GOOD antagonist.

....Wart...he's new...not much of a story in that game. Same goes for that alien dude from that game that I never played. (shut up, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chrono_Cross

I wonder if that rumor about Retro Studios remaking Doki Doki Panic is true. If so then that may be why we're not seeing anything regarding Super Mario Bros. 2. That and Nintendo hates underrated games.

Just for you.

Retro_on_theGo

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I wonder if that rumor about Retro Studios remaking Doki Doki Panic is true. If so then that may be why we're not seeing anything regarding Super Mario Bros. 2. That and Nintendo hates underrated games.

What? I never heard of that. Do the rumors at least sound plausible? I'd love a Doki Doki Panic remake by Retro Studios! I doubt Nintendo would ever allow them to do something like that though.

FonistofCruxis

I stand by what I originally said as the series does need to be more original and it also need a break but it could still be a really good game as while NSMBW could have been more original, it still had excellent level design(some of the best I've seen in a 2D platformer) and the multi-player is some of the most fun multi-player on the Wii which is saying a lot.

shingi_70

Why would nintendo waste retrro who has been beefing up with guys from big action game studios (naughty dog, vigil) and who are known mostly for the graphical great prime series on a 2D platformer when they're first HD system is about to hit between halo 4, hid of war ascension, maybe ryse and last of us this hear and durango and orbits launching next year.

Makes no sense when they need a graphical showcase game that's not pikmin 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Knux

I hope Nintendo does something different with NSMB2, but knowing them, probably not. The graphics look fugly (why the DS quality graphics), and multiplayer is not even going to be in this game. I'm hoping that Nintendo includes a level editor and makes the game much longer than it's predecessors (sixteen normal worlds rather than eight worlds for starters). On the plus side, it has the return of traditional Raccoon Mario. Still, regardless of how unoriginal NSMB2 turns out to be, it is still going to sell like gold. We can complain about it all day long, but we're all going to buy it in the end. But I'm still way more excited over Sonic 4: Episode II and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion than this.

As for the Kirby compilation, I have to see which games will be on the collection before I get excited over it. Nintendo will likely take the lazy route and just include Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64.

Knux

kkslider5552000

Knux wrote:

we're all going to buy it in the end.

speak for yourself, I'm certainly not. Seriously, saving my money for older Wii games I missed and Last Story and probably 3DSware. And Luigi's Mansion 2. Etc.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.