Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 161 to 180 of 295

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

@Mickeymac, just this once, in the game's defense, this was from a Nintendo Direct. It wasn't supposed to hype people, just announce what the game was and show us a few screen shots. There's obviously going to be a trailer at E3 2012, we can all have a chance to get hyped then.

It's all about first impressions, though. That's why most people show off the good stuff when they announce things. Now there's a bunch of people who won't bother following it anymore just because what they showed off when they first announced it was lame. If they were gonna save the trailer for E3, then they shouldn't announce it until E3!

They did the same thing with 3D Land, and we all know how terribly that turned out for everyone.

What are you talking about? The hook of that game was that it was 3D Mario that plays like 2D game. IIRC, they established that right away. Maybe they didn't show off the 3D effect, but it doesn't matter. Everyone already wanted it just for what they showed at the beginning.

Either they forgot the hook here, or this was supposed to be their hook...and quite a few people aren't biting.

Actually, everyone thought "omg it looks exactly like another galaxy game" at first. There was small Mario in one of the four screenshots, and IIRC a sidescrolling screenie, which Galaxy had in abundance.

The hook here is more 2D Mario and Raccoon Mario's return, which blew up my twitter feed last night.

retired_account

e-love

@TysonQ7, I'm pretty sure most of us that are disappointed, aren't happy with the fact that its a game with the same "New" style that's already been done twice. I have no problem with a new 2D Mario game on the 3DS, although I wish it didn't follow so soon after last year's 3DS Mario game. It's the fact that now that its revealed to be so similar to what I've played before, that I'm disappointed.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

paburrows

FluttershyGuy wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. 2??? AW HADES YEAH!!! That on top of Wii U SMB is bliss for a side-scroller fan like myself! My only qualms is that they're obviously going with a Super Mario Bros. 3 theme again, with the "P bar" in the lower left corner. If they're going with a theme from a past game, Super Mario World is so painfully overdue for some love! Oh well, I'll hold out hope for NSMB Mii for Wii U.

Also, what's the deal with this being NSMB 2 when we had NSMB Wii? Or is this another numbering nuance between Japan and the rest of the world? Looks like Super Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA (2) (and the first 6 Final Fantasies) all over again!

Regardless, I couldn't be more thrilled. There was such a long Mario side-scroller drought in the N64-GameCube era, and I'm glad it's a thing of the past!

@Pixelman
Glad to see someone who shares my enthusiasm! I'm not sure about this one, but I bet we get a level editor/creator with New Super Mario Bros. Mii (or whatever it'll ultimately be called). One thimg: Is August for this only a Japanese release date, or worldwide? I hope worldwide. It'll make the wait for Wii U much easier...

Yeah i'm with you this is soooo awesome! And for the record Mario 3d Land WAS soooooo awesome that it along with Mario Kart 7 singlehandedly save the 3DS from an early demise and brought a whole lot of money to Nintendo.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

Joeynator3000

....Wait...are people actually not liking 3D Land now? WTF? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TysonOfTime

Emaan1 wrote:

@TysonQ7, I'm pretty sure most of us that are disappointed, aren't happy with the fact that its a game with the same "New" style that's already been done twice. I have no problem with a new 2D Mario game on the 3DS, although I wish it didn't follow so soon after last year's 3DS Mario game. It's the fact that now that its revealed to be so similar to what I've played before, that I'm disappointed.

But here's where my confusion stems from. People don't want another "New" style game. So what do they want? Another "old looking" game? What would that solve? It's purely a matter of taste, and remember that 15 die-hard Mario fans being dissapointed won't make a dent in the 5 Million copies it sells, likely with 98% enjoying it all the same. (if it's good gameplay wise I mean.)

Also: people are upset with this game because it's releasing soon after a similar game?

Why aren't CoD sales burnt to the ground?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

retired_account

Emaan1 wrote:

@pixelman, Super Mario 3D Land's main thing was that it played like both a 3D and 2D Mario game. It acted as a bridge between the two, after having such stark differences between the most recent Super Mario Galaxy games and New Super Mario Bros. games. And that's why, @FonistofCruxis, it shouldn't be compared to Mario's past 3D adventures on home systems, as 3D Land was a hybrid of 2D and 3D styles of playing.

I personally really like Super Mario 3D Land, it's the best handheld Mario game so far. Because in all honesty, it should only be compared to the other handheld Mario games before it, not Mario's home system games.

I'd have liked it more if the view wasn't top-down half the time.

retired_account

Pokefanmum82

I'm super excited about both of them. Can't wait to buy them.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

e-love

@TysonQ7, I direct you to The Legend of Zelda, and just about every other Mario game before New Super Mario Bros. They all managed to make each new game in the series have a new style and make it unique from the others just fine.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

I get that. But what can the do to make this unique? And keep in mind they don't won't to allianate the non-gamers, as that's where they make the mojority of sales. I'm not opposing you, but Nintendo doesnt have as much room for creativity now.

Joeynator3000

I don't know...but just by seeing the visuals...you can see the "New" theme.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SamuraiShyGuy

@NintendoMan, Thanks!

The bottom line is, I'm a huge Super Mario fan, so I'm always excited about a new reveal in the series. And why would anyone expect them to reveal a lot on the first day? If it was E3, then sure. But Nintendo is known for only revealing a game's existence without even a video or screenshot. Hello Pikmin 3. Hello Skyward Sword. This is nothing new.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

kkslider5552000

TysonQ7 wrote:

I get that. But what can the do to make this unique? And keep in mind they don't won't to allianate the non-gamers, as that's where they make the mojority of sales. I'm not opposing you, but Nintendo doesnt have as much room for creativity now.

Add elements of SMB2 while still being an NSMB game. Add a level editor. New villian. A few awesome minigames like in SM64DS and the original NSMB.

Delay the game so we get a year without a Mario platformer again.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SamuraiShyGuy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Add elements of SMB2 while still being an NSMB game. Add a level editor. New villian. A few awesome minigames like in SM64DS and the original NSMB.

Delay the game so we get a year without a Mario platformer again.

We don't know that any one or all of those elements aren't in the game. Again, we're jumping to conclusions off of 4 screenshots.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

lonlon-milker

Hmmmm I must be a weird person because I thought Mario 3d land was an okay Mario game but I'm actually exited for nsmb2
As for the Kirby one I can't wait for a brawl in the family comic about it

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

DeMoN-13ruce

mario 3d land was an perfect 3dplatformer for me still play it weekly

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

shingi_70

TysonQ7 wrote:

New Halo- shows absolutly nothing except a character that plays no differently then everyone else. No new gameplay elements- HOOK!
New Mario- shows return of a handheld 2D platformer, with the return of a popular elements excluded from last iliterations- no hook here.

Wat.

TysonQ7 wrote:

New Halo- shows absolutly nothing except a character that plays no differently then everyone else. No new gameplay elements- HOOK!
New Mario- shows return of a handheld 2D platformer, with the return of a popular elements excluded from last iliterations- no hook here.

Wat.

Wonder which games will be on the Kirby disc?

On the halo note

Not sure if you read the new game informer interview. Most of the excitement is coming from.
-new team at 343

• the audio desgon is from a pro who used to work at kojima productions
    new asrt style that's most relastic
  • lead desginers on the metroid prime games being over mutiplayer and campagin destiny.
  • its being scored by the composer behind inceptions sound track and produced a number of massive attack's albums.
    new dieection for the story and is heavily invested in tied with the great forerunner triology books.
  • a massive step up in visuals being native 720p and fxAA.
    Spartan ops being a new type of co-op that hasn't been tried in the Fps field yet.
    multiplayer shake ups such as random weapon drops and perks that complete the change the way the game is made.

But yes no proof or reason to be excited.

Eh I find the art style bland as hell but 2D Mario is 2D Mario. Wish they would have went with a 16bit parallax 3D like mutant mudds instead.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

@Sony
Umm.. I was talking about the Game's reveal if you followed the conversation.

shingi_70

My bad. Well a lot of people didn't like new super Mario bros mii and there was a lot of complaining about the wii u Mario demo last year. So its no surprise that this doesn't get as much praise first glance compared to a new halo or 3D Mario were the quality is more apparent on reveal.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Aviator

TysonQ7 wrote:

Also: people are upset with this game because it's releasing soon after a similar game?

Why aren't CoD sales burnt to the ground?

Because COD adds new content to every single game that is released. You play through from COD 4 to whatever number they are at now, and you would see the improvements. The 'New' series was new when it was first released. It ain't new anymore.

Also, complaining about complainers isn't doing anything for you Tyson...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.