Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2 & Kirby announcement

Posts 141 to 160 of 295

paburrows

Yeah it is interesting that its being released in August since November/December is when the Huge games come out (last year Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, Mario Kart 7, not to mention Skylanders, Rayman and Kirby) So I would bet that we get a number of even better games in Nov/Dec and thats not to say that New Mario will be bad, if its anything like the previous 2 it will be totally awesome. But I bet that we get the rumored Zelda 3D along with a Mario Galaxy or something like it,

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

Corbs

I just assumed that first part was the New Super Mario Bros. Wii. That didn't look like footage of a new game to me and Nintendo hasn't sent any video to us with the press release.

Plain old gamer :)

JustAnotherUser

Ooops, sorry my bad.
I should probably double check things. If anybody is wondering why I said it looks better than the Wii version it's because it looks a lot better on that video than it does on my TV.
Sorry if I disappointed/annoyed anyone.

JustAnotherUser

CanisWolfred

KaiserGX wrote:

Oh that Dragon Quest like game? I want that too!

Lazy? Kinda early for that don't you think, you only saw 4 screenshots.

They're too lazy to show better screneshots, then? I mean really, if you want to hype people up for your new game, you'd think they'd show off something that actually looks like it's from a new game. I honestly thought those were stock footage from the first game until someone told me otherwise.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FonistofCruxis

I am severely disappointed with this. They could at least give the worlds different themes.

e-love

@Mickeymac, just this once, in the game's defense, this was from a Nintendo Direct. It wasn't supposed to hype people, just announce what the game was and show us a few screen shots. There's obviously going to be a trailer at E3 2012, we can all have a chance to get hyped then.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CanisWolfred

Emaan1 wrote:

@Mickeymac, just this once, in the game's defense, this was from a Nintendo Direct. It wasn't supposed to hype people, just announce what the game was and show us a few screen shots. There's obviously going to be a trailer at E3 2012, we can all have a chance to get hyped then.

It's all about first impressions, though. That's why most people show off the good stuff when they announce things. Now there's a bunch of people who won't bother following it anymore just because what they showed off when they first announced it was lame. If they were gonna save the trailer for E3, then they shouldn't announce it until E3!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SamuraiShyGuy

This is great news. I don't get why people are turning a new NSMB into a bad thing. The first two were absolutely brilliant. I still think NSMB Wii is the finest 2D platformer ever made. We got four screenshots and people think they know everything about the game. Of course they aren't going to spill the beans on the new stuff on the first day.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

SonyFACE

@SamuraiShyGuy like your signature!

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

TysonOfTime

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!
This game is STOOPID. Look, it says New BUT ITS NOT NEW AT ALL LOL.
STOOPID NINTENDO. GO BACK TO MAKING THE OLD MARIO GAMES!
...wait, those aren't new either.

WELL! MARIO FANS ARE IN TROUBLE NOW!

If you guys are dissapointed just, I dunno, IGNORE IT. Pretend it doesn't exist. Nintendo doesn't cater to every one of your whims. It's not what you want/like, so why make it? That's fail logic.
Also know as gamer knowledge.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

It's all about first impressions, though. That's why most people show off the good stuff when they announce things. Now there's a bunch of people who won't bother following it anymore just because what they showed off when they first announced it was lame. If they were gonna save the trailer for E3, then they shouldn't announce it until E3!

They did the same thing with 3D Land, and we all know how terribly that turned out for everyone.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Of course they aren't going to spill the beans on the new stuff on the first day.

...why not? That's the point. Everyone expects them to, so why aren't they doing it? The hook is supposed to go at the beginning, after all.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FonistofCruxis

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

They did the same thing with 3D Land, and we all know how terribly that turned out for everyone.

It may not have been terrible but it still wasn't up to the standard of the other four 3D Mario platformers.

TysonOfTime

Mickeymac wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Of course they aren't going to spill the beans on the new stuff on the first day.

...why not? That's the point. Everyone expects them to, so why aren't they doing it? The hook is supposed to go at the beginning, after all.

...Not necessarily. A lot of game reveals don't show any actual footage of gameplay nor do they show all the "hooks". Look at the Halo 4 reveal for instance.

@Fonis
Point missed. -200 exp.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

What are you talking about? The hook of that game was that it was 3D Mario that plays like 2D game. IIRC, they established that right away. Maybe they didn't show off the 3D effect, but it doesn't matter. Everyone already wanted it just for what they showed at the beginning.

Either they forgot the hook here, or this was supposed to be their hook...and quite a few people aren't biting.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TysonOfTime

Mickeymac wrote:

Either they forgot the hook here, or this was supposed to be their hook...and quite a few people aren't biting.

Well, considering how so many developers in the industry "seem to forget", I guess video games as a whole are in trouble.

They need to stop letting idiots run these companies and let gamers.
/sarcasm

Edited on by TysonOfTime

retired_account

FonistofCruxis wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

It may not have been terrible but it still wasn't up to the standard of the other four 3D Mario platformers.

For the first original 3D handheld Mario it was pretty good. I just didn't like the floaty physics and the lack of a unique theme for each world.

But anyway, it seems like it's sold really well and was really well-received all around, which is what I was trying to point out.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

TysonQ7 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

...Not necessarily. A lot of game reveals don't show any actual footage of gameplay nor do they show all the "hooks". Look at the Halo 4 reveal for instance.

@Fonis
Point missed. -200 exp.

You don't need footage to get people excited. That's not necessarily what I meant. All you need is something that'll grab people's attention, ie "the hook." Halo 4's hook was that Master Cheif returns. All they had to show was Masterchief. Here, they're shoing gold enemies and the return of the P-Bar and racoon tail. Is that the hook? Is that what they're trying to get people excited with? Honestly, I don't know. :/ I feel like they could do better than that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

@pixelman, Super Mario 3D Land's main thing was that it played like both a 3D and 2D Mario game. It acted as a bridge between the two, after having such stark differences between the most recent Super Mario Galaxy games and New Super Mario Bros. games. And that's why, @FonistofCruxis, it shouldn't be compared to Mario's past 3D adventures on home systems, as 3D Land was a hybrid of 2D and 3D styles of playing.

I personally really like Super Mario 3D Land, it's the best handheld Mario game so far. Because in all honesty, it should only be compared to the other handheld Mario games before it, not Mario's home system games.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

New Halo- shows absolutly nothing except a character that plays no differently then everyone else. No new gameplay elements- HOOK!
New Mario- shows return of a handheld 2D platformer, with the return of a popular elements excluded from last iliterations- no hook here.

Wat.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.