Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,476

TheDreamingHawk

He died.

TBH, I don't know, but I'm happy about it. Only liked him in Sunshine, as I thought his personallity was great. But now they forget about it.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Snagrio

I've been playing Super Mario 64 DS lately (it's actually new for me). Man, at least when they did a remake for that, more characters were added in and things were tweaked around a bit. All the "New" Mario games seem so similar, but I still like them and all. Although it seems that NSMB2 is better then many on here expected (I've yet to get a copy, hopefully sometime this week). I just wish Nintendo would make a risky move and change things up with the plumber for once.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Hokori

undead_terror wrote:

Although the game is lacking charaters that people want (ex.wario, yoshi, waluigi?), where is Bowser jr?

Bowser grounded him.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

emaan

I find it strange he's not in this game though. He was a key character in the original NSMB and was alongside his siblings for the first time in NSMBW...what happened?

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Undead_terror

^that was exactly what I was thinking, he could not have died but if he did he could always become dry bowser jr and the only one that should be grounded is Roy koopa [youtube:qxRKxowvpHk]

I-U

LazyGamer wrote:

Just got this game today,and i got to say this game is way better then i thought it would be.

I too didn't think to highly of the game based on its trailers. I mean it looked like a step above New Super Mario Brothers Wii, but still not an entry that would make much progress at being different. New Super Mario Brothers 2 shocked me in that regard as its coin theme has made a difference in how I go about the levels and has made each very rewarding. I don't recall the last time I enjoyed a new Mario game this much early on. It's a very fun experience, and one that I am glad I invested into.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

Chrono_Cross

This game has absolutely no new music. Wow.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Undead_terror

^IKR its my first NSMB game so its rather new for me, my favorite songs so far:

[youtube:mCYIVqucesk] (really like this remix)
anyway, hope some of the DLC maps will be challenging because there was like only 2 levels that was a bit hard for me in the game.

Radixxs

Although I don't have the game, I recently restored my iPod and now the only music I have on it is the NSMB2 soundtrack. Last night I fell asleep to Reznor's theme and I woke up outside laying in a puddle in the street. Needless to say, I'll be sleeping to World 2-3 tonight.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Tasuki

OMG did world 3 suck. Usually I dont mind swimming levels in Mario games but for some reason it felt like I was swimming in molasses. Man did I miss the frog suit in that world. Definitely going to have to go back and do that world again I missed so many coins and so many star coins but I just wanted to get outta of that world. I must have lost about 20 lives in that world. Now it onto World 4 not sure if I should be afraid of that one yet.

Oh and I have to ask when I beat one of the levels the original Mario Bros end level music played and fireworks went off just like in the original. Afterwards a bonus level with a rainbow appeared on the map at the starting point of the world. Is that some random thing or is there a way to trigger it to happen?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Drawdler

Wow, this game was a really pleasant surprise, definetly my favorite in the series and that's saying something since I played the snot out of the first two (including maxing out my score on NSMB)

@Tasuki Minor Spoilers- That's a bonus level you can play, would definetly recommend doing it as you can get a lot of Coins there and maybe even a Gold Flower. You have to trigger them by getting certain numbers twice in a row at the end of your time- for example, 1*66* or 0*11*. I'm not sure which numbers work but I know 1 and 6 so far. It may even be all of them.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

RupeeClock

Nibelilt wrote:

@Tasuki Minor Spoilers- That's a bonus level you can play, would definetly recommend doing it as you can get a lot of Coins there and maybe even a Gold Flower. You have to trigger them by getting certain numbers twice in a row at the end of your time- for example, 1*66* or 0*11*. I'm not sure which numbers work but I know 1 and 6 so far. It may even be all of them.

The double numbers you need correspond to the world you're playing.
World 1 needs you to finish with 11, World 2 needs 22, and so on.
World Mushroom, Flower and Star are worlds 7, 8 and 9 respectively so they need 77, 88 or 99 seconds on the clock.

RupeeClock

Tasuki

@Nibelilt: Ah ok thank for the explanation.

NintyFan wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

where is Bowser jr?

I've wondered that too. I was expecting him to come out in the open toward the end of the game, but it didn't happen. It's a strange twist because he was technically the main villain of NSMB and the leader of the Koopalings in NSMBW.

Whatever, I like the Koopalings more.

I agree I always thought the Koopalings had more personality than Bowser Jr. But maybe thats the retro SMB3 loving part of me talking. I was kinda disappointed that we didnt see them since SMW and was excited to see them return in NSMBW in fact that was one reason I bought it. And as I said before I am really enjoying the Koopalings fights in this game.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Happy_Mask

Shiny 5 star profile! And I forgot there was a pocket function the entire game, because I had a gold flower since world 1... Now for the million...

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Joeynator3000

RupeeClock wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

The double numbers you need correspond to the world you're playing.
World 1 needs you to finish with 11, World 2 needs 22, and so on.
World Mushroom, Flower and Star are worlds 7, 8 and 9 respectively so they need 77, 88 or 99 seconds on the clock.

[/div]

I thought it had to do with your current coin count...
Like, you had 53 coins so the timer has to be like 133 or something.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Rococoman

@Tasuki I hear you about the water levels. Is it just me, or do they seem waaaaay slower in this game? I also feel like there's a ton of them, and they're just terribly boring. They are a bit more fun with a gold flower, but you can't guarantee that this will happen, so they just end up being a chore. While I think this game is better than the original (but not Wii), I think the water levels of the original were a lot better.

Rococoman

I-U

Tasuki wrote:

And as I said before I am really enjoying the Koopalings fights in this game.

After New Super Mario Brothers Wii, knowing the Koopalings were returning for this game did make me feel disappointed before release, but actually experiencing how the Koopalings have been handled in New Super Mario Brothers 2 I love that they are present. I especially enjoy their handling in the World 6 and World Star castles, and during the credit sequence.

I may be in the minority, but I also really enjoy the game's water levels.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic