Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,444

retired_account

I've liked the water levels so far too. They seem a bit more interesting than in the other games.

retired_account

grumblebuzzz

Having 100%'ed the game now, here's where I think it ranks: Better (and more difficult) than NSMB DS, but not quite as good (or difficult) as NSMBW. It's a nice handheld experience though and I've enjoyed it so far. Now to keep on collecting those coins! 850,000 to go!

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

e-love

I really enjoyed World 3. It was creative to merge the usual "Water" and "Forest" themes. I really like the level designs so far, they're much more clever and involved than the other NSMB games. I feel like I'm so bad at collecting coins, I'm at World 4 and I'm just now about to hit 10,000 coins. What am I doing wrong?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

8GB

I've beaten every level in every world (including all the rainbow courses and cannons) , collected every star coin and moon coin, and unlocked every alternate exit, and have 1110 lives (triple crown). Why do I have 4 shiny profile stars and not 5?
I've even done every Mushroom house (red, green, and white) and have double checked that I have every alternate exit.
The only thing I haven't done is reach the 1,000,000 coin mark.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Xbox Live Gamertag: E14 4th UNIT
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0946-2235-6073

Happy_Mask

I had no lag while playing with my friend and we both have retail. @8GB Make sure you got the mushroom house in star world.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tasuki

Emaan wrote:

I really enjoyed World 3. It was creative to merge the usual "Water" and "Forest" themes. I really like the level designs so far, they're much more clever and involved than the other NSMB games. I feel like I'm so bad at collecting coins, I'm at World 4 and I'm just now about to hit 10,000 coins. What am I doing wrong?

Well thats where I am at so if you are doing something wrong so am I . But honestly I didnt expect to get a whole lot of coins on my first play through cause right now I am more worried about learning the level layout. You probably are missing some secret areas in some levels and some secret levels. I for one havent unlocked any of the secret paths with the star coins cause I was afraid to use them cause I thought I would need them to enter the castles like in SM3DL.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Hokori

You can't really get a lot of coins until you beat the game, once you beat it you can start coin rush with a golden flower

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

8GB

Yes, I have the Mushroom house in Star World, it gives you a star.

Happy_Mask

@8GB make sure all of your star coins are spent.And I don't know about this but try beating bowsers castle with luigi.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

8GB

Star coin count = 0
And I haven't beat Bowser's Castle with Luigi, I'll do that now.

8GB

Just beat Bowser using Luigi, still no fifth star

Joeynator3000

Anybody know if the Star world is nightmarish-like, like it was on the Wii? (known as the Special World there) I dunno if they were all that hard, but like that one level with all the frozen blocks holding Nipper Plants with the Piranhas shooting fireballs from everywhere. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RupeeClock

Eureka wrote:

Anybody know if the Star world is nightmarish-like, like it was on the Wii? (known as the Special World there) I dunno if they were all that hard, but like that one level with all the frozen blocks holding Nipper Plants with the Piranhas shooting fireballs from everywhere. xD

It's nowhere near as tricky as the Star World in NSMB Wii, I assure you.

RupeeClock

Joeynator3000

Ah well it better be fun then at least, like the level with the...erm, Giga Omega Banzai Bill or whatever you wanna call it. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

8GB

Star World was really easy.
I found every world to be very easy.
And the star coins were relatively easy to find with the exception of two or three.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii was more challenging with the star coins and Special World.

LittleKing

Loving this so far. I knew I'd enjoy it, but at the same time thought it would just be more of the same. For some reason, the coin theme and return of flight make NSMB2 seem fresh and new. I find that the secrets, like the entrances to the secret worlds and the star coins, are much trickier to find this time around. Took me three playthroughs of the mid-level fort to find the second star coin for some reason, and on my third, I actually found the entrance to spoilers mushroom world end spoilers instead.

LittleKing

e-love

These level designs are so great. World 5 now!
I haven't come across any rainbow levels, wish I did.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheDreamingHawk

I actually am surprised at all of the comments saying the game isn't new, when it is, but in a bigger way.

-Music is remixed (Not major)
-Blocks rotate
-Coin focus (DUH)
-Warp Pipe in levels again (Look at world 4 to see what I mean)
-Rainbow Levels
-Moon Coins
-Different level designs
-Better bosses (Even Reznor is hard in his last forms, as when all of the ground is gone and the platforms are occupied, Uh-oh)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.