3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

821. Posted:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Just throwing something out here. Stuff like this is what I'd like to see in future SMB games, that seems to have been missing...
Untitled
Remember how awe inspiring to make it through the tower and find this map? To see the map of where you came from in the top left corner so tiny, realizing how high up you are (first time I saw this, I was like " :O ", then I was like "WEEEEEEEE" :) ), and listen to the beautiful sky music was breathtaking at first. And then, there's the awesome Super Mario World map (that is apparently coming back in NSMB U). I'm playing through SMB 3 while waiting for NSMB 2 this Sunday, and seeing this second map of World 5 made me realize some of what has been missing in NSMB. The layout of the maps is always the same. There are never any surprises like this, getting to a new map and finding old areas you've been to in the distance. I'm excited for both upcoming NSMBs, but they need to mix things up a bit.

Yeah I miss that map too.

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

822. Posted:

Just got New Super Mario Bros. (no, not 2, the DS one) today since the 3DS is my first handheld thus I have not played it yet and so I can prepare for NSMB2!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

MofieWilson

823. Posted:

Anybody downloaded it yet? It's been out for an hour now (in the UK) and I'd have it myself already if I hadn't decided that I definitely want the box and I am waiting til morning to get it from my game shop. Hurry up, 8.30 GMT!

3DS friend code - 5241 - 2428 - 0543 - Need friends to play MK7, Kid Icarus and Heroes of Ruin. Fave game: Cave Story! x

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

824. Posted:

Yeah I was also wondering who has paid 39.99 to download it and also how long did it take u to download

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

BlueToad

825. Posted:

I dont think anyone in Australia will be stupid enough to download it for $70 when it retails for like $55. :P

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter: kartrashians_

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

826. Posted:

My (physical of course) copy arrived earlier today. It's some good fun, but I cant help but feel Nintendo just havent put enough into this one. NSMB for the DS had all those great minigames that you could play multiplayer on - this has none of them. Although the graphics are improved, the 3D effect is minimal and the music is nothing new. I got two copies of the game so that my brother and I could play through. Quickly noticing we could only advance one of our play files, we decided to start hopping back and forth with who's game we followed. ;)

The game is still very good - but they could have done more with it, and I get the feeling with this game much more than with 3D Land. None the less - it's going to get me through the game drought, and now that Animal Crossing AND Luigi's Mansion 2 are both confirmed not coming this year, it's going to be necessary. :o

Some good news is that the star coins are actually well hidden in this game - and they actually prove a challenge to get at many points - Unlike in the DS version...

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

827. Posted:

Forgot about the mini games. This were really fun! I had such a high record in wanted @_@

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

828. Posted:

I loved the minigames in the DS game, I also loved Mario vs. Luigi. That was really overlooked and underrated in my opinion, I was hoping they would bring that mode back in NSMB2, but oh well. I'm glad to hear the star coins are well hidden, that'll give it more replay value. :D

Does anyone know if North America gets the special yellow boxes?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

829. Posted:

No yellow for NA.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Emaan

830. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

No yellow for NA.

Ugh, North America is so boring <.<

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

831. Posted:

No yellow? D: I was gonna give this box a special place for being yellow. Now I guess I'll just plop it right next to KI:U on my 3ds Shelf.:(

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

832. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

No yellow? D: I was gonna give this box a special place for being yellow. Now I guess I'll just plop it right next to KI:U on my 3ds Shelf.:(

Not the game case itself, but my KI: U box has a special spot right below the TV in full view. And yeah, NoA never does anything fun...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Emaan

833. Posted:

They did have the NSMBW box colored red like the other regions, but this one actually makes sense with the game's theme and they don't do it. :|

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

834. Posted:

Eh, I'm probably just gonna go with the download...I think the "New" games are more fitting for a handheld than home console anyways. So I doubt I'll sell it anytime soon.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

835. Posted:

I emailed NoA and this was all I got in response :
Untitled
REEEEEEEEEEGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!

AuthorMessage

Djrr-ific

836. Posted:

I downloaded it (for 45 euros..) because I'm not going to sell it anyway and it's nice to have it on my system..

Downloaded it at midnight today (immediatly when it became available..) and the download took exact 18 minutes for me. So that's alright..

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

AuthorMessage

SBOY

837. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

No yellow for NA.

Oh might go the download way then... The yellow box was a nice touch on this one but if it's white... I still can't decided what I'll do and time goes by...
Oh and did they put the 2 side jacket ? At least if I can put the "darker one"...

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)
Si vous êtes du Québec j'aimerais vous ajoutez dans mes "ami-e-s" WII U/3DS ! Alors n'hésitez pas pour en faire la demande...

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4663-5063 | Nintendo Network ID: sboy82 | Twitter: sboy1982

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

838. Posted:

No...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

839. Posted:

No reversed cover either. Though to be fair, NOA just wants people to try out NSMB2 as a download, and there's nothing wrong with that, which is one of the reasons I love NOA a lot, even if they make a mess up.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Emaan

840. Posted:

I was counting on the cover to be able to be reversed, now this is super lame.
OF COURSE Nintendo of America.

Still really excited for this game regardless.

The Emaaloggery