3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 621 to 640 of 1,508

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

621. Posted:

The point of collecting isn't for the reward... like most achievements... (though people are just buying certain games for the Trophies now). Also a lot of time was put to teach new developers how to create Mario levels. I really get irritated when people ignore good level design and they think they just slap blocks together. Time goes into making these games, their creativity and time went into designing those stages.

No all people think about is whether or not you can play as a character that has physics that wouldn't be built around the gameplay and design. If they just copy Mario they will complain how he doesn't play like Wario.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

622. Posted:

I don't even care about the reward myself, but honestly this is the most disappointed I've felt in a Mario game possibly in my whole life from what I've seen on YouTube. Zero creativity went into this game; no effort at all went into the music, the graphics, the designs of the new enemies. Even the stages themselves, to me, feel like ROM hacks that some amateur game maker put together. Yes, SM3DL had SOME elements from Mario Galaxy included but it really did feel like it's own game in terms of the amount of new content there. The stages were fresh and new, the soundtrack only recycled a couple of songs, the new enemies was awesomely designed. I mean, in the case of NSMB2...

spoiler

...when you can't even be bothered to compose a new final boss theme, that's just (bleepin) lazy, I'm sorry. I'm actually, for the first time in my life, thinking about skipping a major Mario game after all I've seen and that makes me sad.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

623. Posted:

Well or course you can say that, you played SM3DL already... remember how little everyone cared about that game because it looked like Galaxy then you played it and you were like, this is nice.

Though I didn't like 3DLand much myself. That goes for the 3D games in general though for me.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

624. Posted:

Yeah, but I've watched I would say a good 60% of the game on Youtube just to get a feel for it and it's like every video I see, I go "Aww, that sucks". I was always kind of excited for SM3DL because of how it combined Galaxy with a traditional sidescroller. It was innovative, even if it did look similar to Galaxy. I also absolutely loved the first two NSMB games but this one is just so under par from the other games to me. I know this game was made by a new staff that actually had to go to Mario school or whatever, but they REALLY should have split the NSMBU team in half and this new staff in half because it's obvious which game will be better.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

625. Posted:

If they split it in half we might not get the Wii U version by launch.

For me it's NSMB2 > NSMBW > NSMB (I kinda didn't like this one).

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

CowLaunch

626. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I don't even care about the reward myself, but honestly this is the most disappointed I've felt in a Mario game possibly in my whole life from what I've seen on YouTube. Zero creativity went into this game; no effort at all went into the music, the graphics, the designs of the new enemies. Even the stages themselves, to me, feel like ROM hacks that some amateur game maker put together. Yes, SM3DL had SOME elements from Mario Galaxy included but it really did feel like it's own game in terms of the amount of new content there. The stages were fresh and new, the soundtrack only recycled a couple of songs, the new enemies was awesomely designed. I mean, in the case of NSMB2...

spoiler

...when you can't even be bothered to compose a new final boss theme, that's just (bleepin) lazy, I'm sorry. I'm actually, for the first time in my life, thinking about skipping a major Mario game after all I've seen and that makes me sad.

Precisely.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage

Hokori

627. Posted:

Nintendos done the title screen extra before, remember Mario Kart 64

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

628. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

If they split it in half we might not get the Wii U version by launch.

For me it's NSMB2 > NSMBW > NSMB (I kinda didn't like this one).

You've played NSMB2?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

629. Posted:

Yes, Download.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

630. Posted:

Sure, this game won't be as good as New Super Mario Bros. U, but that doesn't mean its a bad game. Its obvious the younger team that worked on it took a much safer approach than the experienced team is going with for NSMBU, but its still creative in some ways. The music has really been my only complaint, since its the only aspect which seems lazy. Besides that, the coin theme and the level designs are all fresh enough to justify my purchase.

Its not going to be my favorite Mario game ever, might even end up being my least favorite, but a Mario game is a Mario game. I buy Mario games for fun, not to determine how much effort was put into making them.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

631. Posted:

If you have the Raccoon Tail in the Ghost Houses it kinda sounds creepy with the added percussion.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

632. Posted:

You have a Japanese 3DS? :O Lucky.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

633. Posted:

No not me. I have American, my friend does though. I bugged him to download it lol.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

634. Posted:

Oh lol. :P
Anyway, sounds like a really fun game. Can't wait to download it.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

635. Posted:

Add me on 3DS King.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

636. Posted:

TheKingofTown wrote:

Anyway, sounds like a really fun game. Can't wait to download it.

Same here man. :) I'm downloading this day one, love me some 2D Mario.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

637. Posted:

OK :)
Mine is in the sig

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

638. Posted:

Added Rob too.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

639. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@those-commenting about how this game isn't worth it

Just don't buy it. Those who want to, will.
I myself used to not be interested in this game (see earlier on in this thread) but now with the coin theme and everything, it looks like a lot of fun.

Really? I don't have to buy it? Wow, thanks for enlightening me.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

640. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Added Rob too.

I'll ad you as well then.

Radixxs wrote:

Really? I don't have to buy it? Wow, thanks for enlightening me.

Untitled

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92