3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 581 to 600 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

581. Posted:

If you don't like it, don't buy it and shut up about it...seriously...I could go on saying the same stuff about games that you like if I knew what you played and all that.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

582. Posted:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

it's hysterical when people complain about a new Mario game, only for them to be missing out on all the fun. ;)

[/div]

[/div]

No, because I already played this game. I can play it again. On DS. Or Wii. I'll just use my imagination and pretend there are more coins. But go on, buy your glorified Mario romhack.

[/div]

Can the same thing be said about Mega Man, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, or any franchise for that matter? :)

Nope. All those games you listed have different storylines, different game mechanics and different everything. Mario on the other hand has the same gameplay with the same storyline. But it's still fun.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

583. Posted:

CerealKiller528 wrote:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

it's hysterical when people complain about a new Mario game, only for them to be missing out on all the fun. ;)

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

No, because I already played this game. I can play it again. On DS. Or Wii. I'll just use my imagination and pretend there are more coins. But go on, buy your glorified Mario romhack.

[/div]

[/div]

Can the same thing be said about Mega Man, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, or any franchise for that matter? :)

[/div]

Nope. All those games you listed have different storylines, different game mechanics and different everything. Mario on the other hand has the same gameplay with the same storyline. But it's still fun.

Its still the same gameplay in all of those games too...only exception being PH/SS. Still being Zelda though.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

584. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

[/div]

I completely agree. I'm sick of buying the same game. I won't be buying a 3DS Mario game for a long while.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Rizsparky

585. Posted:

SPOILER...

The reward for 1 mil coins is a flashy new title screen...... Yes.. total ****... video below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dze00JTqkVU&feature=player...

Edited on by Rizsparky

Rizsparky

AuthorMessage

BenAV

586. Posted:

@Rizsparky Haha, saw that coming.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Rizsparky

587. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Rizsparky Haha, saw that coming.

[/div]

Im glad i now know its a crap 'reward', I can spend my money on games that deserve it rather than this lazy rehash.

Edited on by Rizsparky

Rizsparky

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

588. Posted:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

The reward for 1 mil coins is a flashy new title screen...... Yes.. total ****... video below

LOL well I guess I better buy this game and rush through it so I can get that awesome reward!

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

589. Posted:

I don't really want this game any more, but it has nothing to do with the million coin reward.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

590. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Its still the same gameplay in all of those games too...only exception being PH/SS. Still being Zelda though.

1. Phantom Hourglass is literally Wind Waker except with DS stuff and admittedly less repeditive sailing, not the best example. The worst perhaps.
2. Final Fantasy alone makes that point absurd, there are few series that constantly reinvent themselves like Final Fantasy.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

591. Posted:

I loved SM3DL btw, and thought it was immensely creative. NSMB2, on the other hand, doesn't look nearly innovative enough in any respect.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Rizsparky

592. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

I loved SM3DL btw, and thought it was immensely creative. NSMB2, on the other hand, doesn't look nearly innovative enough in any respect.

This is exactly what I was thinking too batman, SM3DL was worth the full price tag, it was a new fresh game, awesome graphics (great 3D effects) and had a nice level of polish with good replayability. NSMB2 on the other hand, has average graphics, poor 3D and doesn't innovate much, imo its not worth the full price tag, especially for people who are planning on downloading the game from the eshop.

Rizsparky

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

593. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

[/div]

1. Phantom Hourglass is literally Wind Waker except with DS stuff and admittedly less repeditive sailing, not the best example. The worst perhaps.
2. Final Fantasy alone makes that point absurd, there are few series that constantly reinvent themselves like Final Fantasy.

Talking about gameplay though, you know...touch screen controls and all that. >.>

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

594. Posted:

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

I thought SM3DL had amazing level design, there were points where I literally just stopped and took in what I had just played. Most of it was so subtle, it was genius. But its low difficulty kind of ruined it. No the first set of worlds aren't very difficult even without using the Tanooki suit.

I have NSMB DS and Wii, and I think I'll stick with those.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

595. Posted:

What about maxing out the score to 9,999,999 coins? I wonder if we get anything 4 that

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Rizsparky

596. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

What about maxing out the score to 9,999,999 coins? I wonder if we get anything 4 that

A headache and officialy earning the title of a no-life.

Rizsparky

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

597. Posted:

Nintendomination played that for 3 days straight. I though it would take longer than 72 hours to get a million coins.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

598. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

Nintendomination played that for 3 days straight. I though it would take longer than 72 hours to get a million coins.

With the amount of coins everywhere you really shouldn't have been too surprised.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CowLaunch

599. Posted:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

Oh goodness. That just sums up for me how lazy Nintendo have been with this game.

Take another series of 4 Mario platformers, between SMB1- SMW, and you see a far greater divergence in gameplay and graphical styles. And then there's the new directions Nintendo took with the Super Mario Land and World series, namely Wario land and Yoshi's Island. I can't imagine them taking that kind of risk now. Compare that to the NSMB series, and it starts to look quite pathetic.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

600. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

[/div]

Oh goodness. That just sums up for me how lazy Nintendo have been with this game.

Take another series of 4 Mario platformers, between SMB1- SMW, and you see a far greater divergence in gameplay and graphical styles. And then there's the new directions Nintendo took with the Super Mario Land and World series, namely Wario land and Yoshi's Island. I can't imagine them taking that kind of risk now. Compare that to the NSMB series, and it starts to look quite pathetic.

The graphics changed because of, "the progress of technology," to quote Nintendo. The REAL Mario 2 was a harder version of the original with the poison mushroom added. The US one was a reskinned version of Doki Doki Panic. Mario 3 had improved graphics, some new power ups and a map. Mario World had more improved graphics because of, "the progress of technology," retained the map, replaced raccoon/tanooki suit with a cape, used a few new enemies, added Yoshi (which NSMB Wii did), and maybe had some other new power ups that I forgot to mention.
As for the NSMB series, NSMB Wii added Yoshi, improved graphics, co-op, and new power ups. NSMB 2 is adding a coin goal, fresh new ways to earn lots of coins, coin rush mode, return of old power ups, new power ups, and new special levels like the dash level. NSMB U has new power ups, improved graphics, various types of baby Yoshi's, the use of the gamepad as an assist tool, a new art style with the backgrounds and platforms, 5 player co-op, Miiverse integration, and the ability to play as your Mii.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa