Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,444

Lunapplebloom

I have seen many varied and mixed opinions on this title, perhaps the most mixed for any Mario title to date. I will still get it of course, but I am afraid that this one may not sell as they would want it to, though I shall probably be wrong. Considering the sales in Japan that it has so far.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

19Robb92

From what I've seen it looks quite underwhelming. Reused boss fights from New Super Mario Bros Wii and the level design doesn't look like it's offering anything new.

I'll buy it as a download since I love 2D platformers. But I feel as if they could have at least changed up some of the stuff. New Super Mario Bros. U looks loads better than this IMO from what I've seen.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Rizsparky

19Robb92 wrote:

From what I've seen it looks quite underwhelming. Reused boss fights from New Super Mario Bros Wii and the level design doesn't look like it's offering anything new.

I'll buy it as a download since I love 2D platformers. But I feel as if they could have at least changed up some of the stuff. New Super Mario Bros. U looks loads better than this IMO from what I've seen.

The least they could have included is Yoshi....

Rizsparky

19Robb92

Rizsparky wrote:

The least they could have included is Yoshi....

Sure, that would be a nice addition.

KaiserGX wrote:

Idk Raccoon Tail Marion while on a Yoshi... that just... looks weird.

They should have went with the cape from world instead of the raccoon anyway IMO.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

TheDreamingHawk

Rizsparky wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I'm kinda sad how a few of my friends are going the idiot route and are skipping on the game for the goal prize alone. It's still mario and still fun, i just hope it's not easy and the DLC will be cool.

[/div]

Jokes on you, they have already made all the DLC, Nintendo used the goal prize as a tool to get people to preorder, lol@them when they found out what the prize was.

No they haven't. Japan hasn't gotten any yet.

At least this helps boost DL sales, considering how different it is compared to other mario games.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Rizsparky

KaiserGX wrote:

Idk Raccoon Tail Marion while on a Yoshi... that just... looks weird.

There was a caped mario with yoshi in SML and NSMB U will have squirrel suit mario with Yoshi...

Rizsparky

TheDreamingHawk

That's a baby yoshi. You can't ride them.

Plus World was terrible anyway... The jumping controls were just too different compared to the A and B Inputs I'm used to. Super mario Advance 2 is THE BEST version that makes it amazing in my opinion.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

e-love

@those-commenting about how this game isn't worth it

Just don't buy it. Those who want to, will.
I myself used to not be interested in this game (see earlier on in this thread) but now with the coin theme and everything, it looks like a lot of fun.

Who cares about the 1 million coin "prize." Was that really a factor in buying the game? Since when do Mario games have some profound prize awaiting you at the end of the game? Just play it for the fun of it, and Mario games are always fun.

There's my rant.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KaiserGX

The main thing I like about Mario games is the way the levels are designed, which means they are developed in a way so they can be enjoyable. The design in these levels are a lot more... involved. You can find a lot more little secrets within the game on how to get more coins. It just becomes addictive. People are focusing on the wrong areas, on what makes a good game. It might be stuff we don't even think about but, in the end it's played for the enjoyment. I am sure you will find that here if you play it.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Rizsparky

Emaan wrote:

Who cares about the 1 million coin "prize." Was that really a factor in buying the game? Since when do Mario games have some profound prize awaiting you at the end of the game? Just play it for the fun of it, and Mario games are always fun.

There's my rant.

Thats not the point, Nintendo hyped the 'coin collecting' feature to oblivion, when I heard this I was pretty excited as it would add replayability to the game. I was hoping for a decent achievement, something like 'Play as Wario' or retheme the enemies in the game ALA Super Mario Land, but no they give us a title screen, combined with the fact that there is no true online co-op mode shows us that this game was whipped up to be a quick cash-in.

Rizsparky

KaiserGX

The point of collecting isn't for the reward... like most achievements... (though people are just buying certain games for the Trophies now). Also a lot of time was put to teach new developers how to create Mario levels. I really get irritated when people ignore good level design and they think they just slap blocks together. Time goes into making these games, their creativity and time went into designing those stages.

No all people think about is whether or not you can play as a character that has physics that wouldn't be built around the gameplay and design. If they just copy Mario they will complain how he doesn't play like Wario.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

grumblebuzzz

I don't even care about the reward myself, but honestly this is the most disappointed I've felt in a Mario game possibly in my whole life from what I've seen on YouTube. Zero creativity went into this game; no effort at all went into the music, the graphics, the designs of the new enemies. Even the stages themselves, to me, feel like ROM hacks that some amateur game maker put together. Yes, SM3DL had SOME elements from Mario Galaxy included but it really did feel like it's own game in terms of the amount of new content there. The stages were fresh and new, the soundtrack only recycled a couple of songs, the new enemies was awesomely designed. I mean, in the case of NSMB2...

spoiler

...when you can't even be bothered to compose a new final boss theme, that's just (bleepin) lazy, I'm sorry. I'm actually, for the first time in my life, thinking about skipping a major Mario game after all I've seen and that makes me sad.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

KaiserGX

Well or course you can say that, you played SM3DL already... remember how little everyone cared about that game because it looked like Galaxy then you played it and you were like, this is nice.

Though I didn't like 3DLand much myself. That goes for the 3D games in general though for me.

grumblebuzzz

Yeah, but I've watched I would say a good 60% of the game on Youtube just to get a feel for it and it's like every video I see, I go "Aww, that sucks". I was always kind of excited for SM3DL because of how it combined Galaxy with a traditional sidescroller. It was innovative, even if it did look similar to Galaxy. I also absolutely loved the first two NSMB games but this one is just so under par from the other games to me. I know this game was made by a new staff that actually had to go to Mario school or whatever, but they REALLY should have split the NSMBU team in half and this new staff in half because it's obvious which game will be better.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

CowLaunch

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I don't even care about the reward myself, but honestly this is the most disappointed I've felt in a Mario game possibly in my whole life from what I've seen on YouTube. Zero creativity went into this game; no effort at all went into the music, the graphics, the designs of the new enemies. Even the stages themselves, to me, feel like ROM hacks that some amateur game maker put together. Yes, SM3DL had SOME elements from Mario Galaxy included but it really did feel like it's own game in terms of the amount of new content there. The stages were fresh and new, the soundtrack only recycled a couple of songs, the new enemies was awesomely designed. I mean, in the case of NSMB2...

spoiler

...when you can't even be bothered to compose a new final boss theme, that's just (bleepin) lazy, I'm sorry. I'm actually, for the first time in my life, thinking about skipping a major Mario game after all I've seen and that makes me sad.

Precisely.

CowLaunch

Hokori

Nintendos done the title screen extra before, remember Mario Kart 64

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.