Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,444

Rizsparky

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

I loved SM3DL btw, and thought it was immensely creative. NSMB2, on the other hand, doesn't look nearly innovative enough in any respect.

This is exactly what I was thinking too batman, SM3DL was worth the full price tag, it was a new fresh game, awesome graphics (great 3D effects) and had a nice level of polish with good replayability. NSMB2 on the other hand, has average graphics, poor 3D and doesn't innovate much, imo its not worth the full price tag, especially for people who are planning on downloading the game from the eshop.

Rizsparky

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

Its still the same gameplay in all of those games too...only exception being PH/SS. Still being Zelda though.

[/div]

1. Phantom Hourglass is literally Wind Waker except with DS stuff and admittedly less repeditive sailing, not the best example. The worst perhaps.
2. Final Fantasy alone makes that point absurd, there are few series that constantly reinvent themselves like Final Fantasy.

Talking about gameplay though, you know...touch screen controls and all that. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Radixxs

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

I loved SM3DL btw, and thought it was immensely creative. NSMB2, on the other hand, doesn't look nearly innovative enough in any respect.

I thought SM3DL had amazing level design, there were points where I literally just stopped and took in what I had just played. Most of it was so subtle, it was genius. But its low difficulty kind of ruined it. No the first set of worlds aren't very difficult even without using the Tanooki suit.

I have NSMB DS and Wii, and I think I'll stick with those.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Hokori

What about maxing out the score to 9,999,999 coins? I wonder if we get anything 4 that

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Rizsparky

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

What about maxing out the score to 9,999,999 coins? I wonder if we get anything 4 that

A headache and officialy earning the title of a no-life.

Rizsparky

JohnPhilipSousa

Nintendomination played that for 3 days straight. I though it would take longer than 72 hours to get a million coins.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

CowLaunch

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

The reward for 1 mil coins is a flashy new title screen...... Yes.. total ****... video below

Oh goodness. That just sums up for me how lazy Nintendo have been with this game.

Take another series of 4 Mario platformers, between SMB1- SMW, and you see a far greater divergence in gameplay and graphical styles. And then there's the new directions Nintendo took with the Super Mario Land and World series, namely Wario land and Yoshi's Island. I can't imagine them taking that kind of risk now. Compare that to the NSMB series, and it starts to look quite pathetic.

CowLaunch

JohnPhilipSousa

CowLaunch wrote:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

The reward for 1 mil coins is a flashy new title screen...... Yes.. total ****... video below

[/div]

Oh goodness. That just sums up for me how lazy Nintendo have been with this game.

Take another series of 4 Mario platformers, between SMB1- SMW, and you see a far greater divergence in gameplay and graphical styles. And then there's the new directions Nintendo took with the Super Mario Land and World series, namely Wario land and Yoshi's Island. I can't imagine them taking that kind of risk now. Compare that to the NSMB series, and it starts to look quite pathetic.

The graphics changed because of, "the progress of technology," to quote Nintendo. The REAL Mario 2 was a harder version of the original with the poison mushroom added. The US one was a reskinned version of Doki Doki Panic. Mario 3 had improved graphics, some new power ups and a map. Mario World had more improved graphics because of, "the progress of technology," retained the map, replaced raccoon/tanooki suit with a cape, used a few new enemies, added Yoshi (which NSMB Wii did), and maybe had some other new power ups that I forgot to mention.
As for the NSMB series, NSMB Wii added Yoshi, improved graphics, co-op, and new power ups. NSMB 2 is adding a coin goal, fresh new ways to earn lots of coins, coin rush mode, return of old power ups, new power ups, and new special levels like the dash level. NSMB U has new power ups, improved graphics, various types of baby Yoshi's, the use of the gamepad as an assist tool, a new art style with the backgrounds and platforms, 5 player co-op, Miiverse integration, and the ability to play as your Mii.

JohnPhilipSousa

CowLaunch

SuperSonic95 wrote:

CowLaunch wrote:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

The graphics changed because of, "the progress of technology," to quote Nintendo. The REAL Mario 2 was a harder version of the original with the poison mushroom added. The US one was a reskinned version of Doki Doki Panic. Mario 3 had improved graphics, some new power ups and a map. Mario World had more improved graphics because of, "the progress of technology," retained the map, replaced raccoon/tanooki suit with a cape, used a few new enemies, added Yoshi (which NSMB Wii did), and maybe had some other new power ups that I forgot to mention.
As for the NSMB series, NSMB Wii added Yoshi, improved graphics, co-op, and new power ups. NSMB 2 is adding a coin goal, fresh new ways to earn lots of coins, coin rush mode, return of old power ups, new power ups, and new special levels like the dash level. NSMB U has new power ups, improved graphics, various types of baby Yoshi's, the use of the gamepad as an assist tool, a new art style with the backgrounds and platforms, 5 player co-op, Miiverse integration, and the ability to play as your Mii.

[/div]

I would accept that these older games are different in some respects due to progress in technology, but the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, and NSMB2 doesn't look that much better than the first, if at all. Also, the technology of the SNES and the Game Boy hadn't changed after SML2 and SMW, but Wario Land and Yoshi's Island have very different styles of gameplay.

As for the first 2 REAL SMB, I was quite content with the first 2 NSMB, though being quite similar. This however, the third in the series, is too far. SMB3 gameplay is very different from SMB1, and though not as radically different from it's predecessor, SMW is still distinct from SMB3.

The return of old power ups and yoshi in the various installments of the NSMB series isn't innovation. Super Mario 3D Land brought back the Tanooki suit for a 3D environment, and I thought that was worthwhile, but in NSMB2 it looks tacked on.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the great deal of innovations you've listed come across to me as superficial and gimmicky, and cannot take away from the fact that NSMB1&2 were almost the same game, and that the next 2 look awfully similar as well.

Mario has been collecting coins forever, they've increased the scale of that, and also forgotten that they ever created Wario.

Edited on by CowLaunch

CowLaunch

JohnPhilipSousa

Leaves forum to play Super Mario 3D Land.

JohnPhilipSousa

kkslider5552000

It's honestly best to think of this game as a way to make Nintendo immediately successful at selling retail games on the eShop.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JohnPhilipSousa

CowLaunch wrote:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

CowLaunch wrote:

Rizsparky wrote:

SPOILER...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I would accept that these older games are different in some respects due to progress in technology, but the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, and NSMB2 doesn't look that much better than the first, if at all. Also, the technology of the SNES and the Game Boy hadn't changed after SML2 and SMW, but Wario Land and Yoshi's Island have very different styles of gameplay.

As for the first 2 REAL SMB, I was quite content with the first 2 NSMB, though being quite similar. This however, the third in the series, is too far. SMB3 gameplay is very different from SMB1, and though not as radically different form it's predecessor, SMW is still distinct from SMB3.

The return of old power ups and yoshi in the various installments of the NSMB series isn't innovation. Super Mario 3D Land brought back the Tanooki suit for a 3D environment, and I thought that was worthwhile, but in NSMB2 it looks tacked on.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the great deal of innovations you've listed come across to me as superficial and gimmicky, and cannot take away from the fact that NSMB1&2 were almost the same game, and that the next 2 look awfully similar as well.

Mario has been collecting coins forever, they've increased the scale of that, and also forgotten that they ever created Wario.

I was treating NSMB as it's own series and meant the things added on that weren't in NSMB DS.

JohnPhilipSousa

BenAV

I'm happy with what they've added to this game, so I shall buy it and enjoy it.
If others aren't happy with it then no problem, they can spend their money and time on something else.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

I'm kinda sad how a few of my friends are going the idiot route and are skipping on the game for the goal prize alone. It's still mario and still fun, i just hope it's not easy and the DLC will be cool.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Banker-Style

I think I might have to stick with 3D Land till Paper Mario comes out.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Rizsparky

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I'm kinda sad how a few of my friends are going the idiot route and are skipping on the game for the goal prize alone. It's still mario and still fun, i just hope it's not easy and the DLC will be cool.

Jokes on you, they have already made all the DLC, Nintendo used the goal prize as a tool to get people to preorder, lol@them when they found out what the prize was.

Rizsparky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.