3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

521. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

My myth is that if your P bar is full and you hit the bottom, left corner you're guaranteed a star.

That's not a myth, that's a fact. Whenever I play SMB3, the original or the All-Stars remake, I almost always get a star by simply running to the box with the P bar at the fullest and hitting the box on the bottom left corner. I don't even remember the last time I got a game over in SMB3; it was a long time ago.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

SilentHunter382

522. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

My myth is that if your P bar is full and you hit the bottom, left corner you're guaranteed a star.

This is the same for me. If I didn't get a star when I did this trick then I knew I must have done something wrong.

Online 3ds games I own:
Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, Dead or Alive
Colours 3d profile: http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=67260

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter: SilentHunter382

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

523. Posted:

I'm glad to hear my "myth" isn't really a myth. I've been doing that since I was very, very young and I always thought it was a secret glitch, lol.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

524. Posted:

Just_Match wrote:

I can get a 5up everything on 3 getting those stars at the end. Just run and jump, if you don't stop your guaranteed a star.

This is how I've never seen the game over screen in SMB3. ;)

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

525. Posted:

New Iwata Asks... but that was at the main page already... :(

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

526. Posted:

I've seen the Game Over screen in Galaxy often, though only because it resets your lives. Same with 64 DS, though somewhat less as I don't play it as much. The lives system either has to go or become harder and mean something once you lose it all.

But what about the 1-Up? :( That's a classic piece, what would happen to it?

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

527. Posted:

Nibelilt can I add you on the 3DS? I see you have Colors, getting that today. I like your Grass/Dragon Pokemon, looks like one I made back in the day. I think I should try to do it on Colors when I download it. It was a Grass/Fighter dinosaur.

You too Ben.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

BenAV

528. Posted:

Considering you have to be pretty terrible to lose all your lives, they should go back to the good old days that if you reach the Game Over screen you have to start the whole game over. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

529. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Considering you have to be pretty terrible to lose all your lives, they should go back to the good old days that if you reach the Game Over screen you have to start the whole game over. :P

I agree - but this would only affect the people who are terrible at the game, who will just complain that the game is too difficult.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

530. Posted:

@KaiserGX Feel free to do so, and thanks(I'm shocked someone actually checked it out)! :P I'll add you back when I get some time for it.

@BenAV I still say the lives system goes entirely. I thought about it and I think it should be that the 1-Up gives you a neat 30 Coins instead... 100 Coins for a life then goes, and Coins are more limited "collectables" and unlock new worlds and levels, in a similar system to the Gems from the original Spyro games.

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

531. Posted:

Sorry if you consider this spoilers but im so damn happy. The game has Airship levels and the Reznor fights have the Super Mario World boss music. This is now my perfect Mario Bros. 3 + World Mario game.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Hokori

532. Posted:

Sweet, this'll be one game I'll be proud to DL

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

533. Posted:

Anybody own the Japanese game already? Wanting to look for more info on it before I buy it here, heard it just came out in Japan.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

534. Posted:

Music is exact same as NSMBW, except for more poopy voices being added
Map for world 1 is exactly identical to NSMBW
World 2 is desert
World 3 is a beach
Only 6 main worlds.

:(

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

535. Posted:

Actually World 3 is Beach/Forest

There's 9 worlds though.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

536. Posted:

It's good to hear that the SMW boss music is back. It should be interesting to hear the remix for it. I've always enjoyed airship levels, so here's hoping they're more interesting in this game than in NSMBW.

If there really are only six worlds, it would be nice to know how many levels are in each one. And if there's not going to be that many, then there's always DLC.

SPOILERS

I just found out that Dry Bowser is in the game, and in the final battle at that. Probably not the biggest of surprises since he debuted in the first NSMB.

END SPOILERS

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

537. Posted:

You can access the Japanese eshop from outside japan on a 3ds. you just need to Spoof your I.p address to a working Japanese one.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

538. Posted:

Sorry about that I was mistaken with the in formation I received a week ago. Airships are NOT in the game.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

539. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Actually World 3 is Beach/Forest

There's 9 worlds though.

...But the other guy just said 6....I'm lost! xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

540. Posted:

Why would there be 6 worlds? Usually its 8 normal worlds with a special world 9. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann