3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Emaan

501. Posted:

Why didn't they at least recycle the original New Super Mario Bros. DS game's music? That way it would feel less familiar, at least to me. I really like the remixed main theme for the overworld though.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

502. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I feel like if this game JUST had a different soundtrack, I would be infinitely more positive about it. I mean I'm buying it and all, but c'mon Nintendo, the exact same music as NSMBW with a few more "bah's" here and there? Lazy.

[/div]

Hopefully they'll keep NSMBW's volcano theme and the one for the final Bowser battle.

I thought those were the best NSMBW songs too but it would still seem lazy to me if they were the same, especially if the final boss music wasn't new. The final boss themes from both the previous games were awesome so they should at least try to make another awesome final boss theme for NSMB2.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

503. Posted:

jtt235 wrote:

i played NSMB2 today at the manchester comic con it was awesome the circle pad was very sensitive whilst playing (that could have just been the 3DS XL) but it was fun played it about ten times before some woman told me to play something else

Is the circle pad the only control option? No D-pad? If that's the case, I may have a BIG problem controlling it because I can't stand using the circle pad when playing the DS original. 2D Mario platformers are infinitely more comfortable to me with D-pad controls.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

ZeekyInc

504. Posted:

I have a 2 gigabyte ad card with only 4,152 blocks left. Is this game worth the download or should I buy retail? Or should I get a bigger sd card and transfer all my data to it?

ZeekyInc

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

505. Posted:

@Grumblebuzz
It would be unfathomable not to have support for the D-pad so I wouldn't get too worried. After all, what else would you be using it for?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Birdman

506. Posted:

@ZeekyInc - I'd go with the bigger SD Card myself. A lot of bigger retail chains will start their "back to school/get ready for college" sales soon, so you can probably get a nice card for fairly cheap in the upcoming weeks. I personally grabbed an 8GB one for $9 last year during those sales, so I'm sure you can catch a deal as good as or better than that if you keep your eyes open. As for your retail vs. download question, that's up to your personal choice, but keep in mind you get 100 CN Coins for the download but only 50 Coins if you go retail.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

WispMetas

507. Posted:

How many times will you game over on this game? :|

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

508. Posted:

katsagu wrote:

None, like I did on NSMBW, both Super Mario Galaxy games, and Super Mario 3D Land.

But just because you never get a game over doesn't mean that the game is easy. There can still be some challenging levels that could make you play it over and over again.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WispMetas

509. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

katsagu wrote:

[/div]

None, like I did on NSMBW, both Super Mario Galaxy games, and Super Mario 3D Land.

But just because you never get a game over doesn't mean that the game is easy. There can still be some challenging levels that could make you play it over and over again.

Yeah i know but there are just to many 1ups...

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

510. Posted:

There are too many 1ups in every Mario game since Super Mario Bros 3. I don't know why it's such a problem to so many people. Have you ever seen the game over screen of SMB3 or SMW? I haven't.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

511. Posted:

In Super Mario Bros 3, yeah...and I'm sure several in World too. Even in 64, lol. But that was back when I was a kid, still....dunno why they couldn't just take out the lives system altogether.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

512. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

There are too many 1ups in every Mario game since Super Mario Bros 3. I don't know why it's such a problem to so many people. Have you ever seen the game over screen of SMB3 or SMW? I haven't.

The main reason why Super Mario Bros. 3 had so many opportunities was because of those minigames and the fact once you completed three levels you received an automatic 1up. Have you ever seen a game over screen in Super Mario 64 or Galaxy? I had to purposely die five times just to see it, out of pure curiosity.

Plus, I'm sure you've seen the game over screen plenty of times in both Super Mario World and 3.

I hope no one thinks not having a game over screen means the game is easy. To be honest, I wish Nintendo would just ditch the entire lives system altogether. It would make my life that much simpler.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

513. Posted:

...I probably haven't touched 3 in ages, never knew it had that much extra lives....xD
Only bonus I could think of is that roulette thing. >.>

But yeah, there was this one world that always stopped me and always gave me the Game Over.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

514. Posted:

Yeah I doubt this game will be easy seein how you need to get a million coins

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

515. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

[/div]

The main reason why Super Mario Bros. 3 had so many opportunities was because of those minigames and the fact once you completed three levels you received an automatic 1up. Have you ever seen a game over screen in Super Mario 64 or Galaxy? I had to purposely die five times just to see it, out of pure curiosity.

Plus, I'm sure you've seen the game over screen plenty of times in both Super Mario World and 3.

I hope no one thinks not having a game over screen means the game is easy. To be honest, I wish Nintendo would just ditch the entire lives system altogether. It would make my life that much simpler.

Yeah, and getting a Game Over screen doesn't really do much aside from starting over in a level anyway :P

Maybe make a Mario game like Warioland 2 and 3 :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

516. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

Nope. I have NEVER seen the game over screen in either of those games. Because like you said, in SMB3, you get at least one 1up every 3 levels. In World, you can just farm one ups in the Top Secret Area. So nyeah. :p

But yes, I have seen it in Galaxy and 64. This is a 2D platformer Mario though that we're talking about here that a lot of people are saying will be too easy because of all the 1ups and it's just not really fair because we've been spammed with them for over 20 years now. The stages themselves that we've glimpsed in the trailers for NSMB2 do look kind of tough, if you ask me, or at least tougher than those in the previous two games.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

517. Posted:

Unless every time you played through SMB3 it was in one sitting, I don't see how you never saw the Game Over screen in the game before. If you've never beaten it, yeah I could see it, but I have a hard time believing you went through Worlds 1 - 8 without getting a game over screen.

Then again I've heard worse. I remember someone on this site claiming they've never lost in a Mario Kart before claiming they've never ranked below second place. Ever. They were so bad at lying, lol.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

518. Posted:

I can get a 5up everything on 3 getting those stars at the end. Just run and jump, if you don't stop your guaranteed a star.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

519. Posted:

My myth is that if your P bar is full and you hit the bottom, left corner you're guaranteed a star.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

520. Posted:

Maybe it's the timing, there are occasions where I pause and go back, re-run and get a Mushroom. I think the P bar was full. Going to go check it out.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX