3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

361. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I love how all these people keep dissing on the "difficulty" of the game when none of us have even played it yet. So you'll get 99 lives really quickly from all the coins. When was the last time you saw the game over screen in a Mario game? Rayman Origins has infinite lives and it still makes me wanna throw my controller sometimes.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

When i lose all of my lives lets say on World 3-5, i should then have to face the consequence of starting back at 3-1. This was exactly the case in SMB3 which is what i loved about it. In NSMB & NSMBWii what happens? You lose all of your lives and you start right back at 3-5, what's the point of having lives when they have absolutely no meaning? Why bother collecting coins if i already have so many lives to begin with. it defeats the purpose and it makes visiting the Mushroom houses feel like a pointless waste of funkin' time. It's almost like Nintendo is afraid that with the casual gamer in mind frustration may set in. What happened to the days where you lost all of your lives and continues and started right back at the beginning of the game or World. Save Points are too frequent in this day and age.

Sure, the platforming gets pretty tough in NSMBWii's 9nth world, and 'especially' when going for the star coins....But eh, there's no consequences layered on top of it all. It's too easy. The Mastering and memorization is practically gone half the time. Contra ReBirth is another example of selling out.

2D Mario has become too easy, regurgitated, uncreative and 'plastic' :p But I still love it haha. But if a 5th entry in the NSMB series is released i'm going to lose my funk! lol Nintendo better do something new with 2D Mario, enough is enough and i haven't even played NSMB2 and NSMBWii U yet. This feeling struck me as soon as i played the Wii sequal. lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

362. Posted:

Actually in New Super Mario Bros. on DS. On your first playthrough, you can only save your game when you finish a sub-castle and castle at the middle and end of the world. So if I'm in World 1, and let's say I get a gameover (if something was wrong seriously wrong with this world) after I finish the sub-castle. I have to start back at the first level after that.

Also, could you add me? ._. I've been wanting to get you on my 3DS friends list.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

363. Posted:

It's been quite a while since i played my copy of NSMB for the DS. Memories are a bit foggy i guess. :p But I remember it being abnormally easy in comparison to 1, 2, 3 and world but a large chuck of that obviously had to of been because of the insane 1-up overdose the game gave you.

And while being only able to save at a Sub Castle or Castle is a step up in comparison to NSMB Wii it's still being too generous. Miyamoto needs to man up and give us retro goober heads a 'Retro' Hard mode. B-) Oh and I'll add ya in a sec Emaan ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

364. Posted:

This game just looks like Nintendo is trying to troll about mario and how they use his games when they need to boost sales.

Nintendo: "Look at us, making all this gold because of this plumber we keep abusing in stale platformer! lololololololol"

:P
Wish it could have gone back to the pixel art, or even those voxel? things would have been nice to see... instead of the bland NSMB style.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

RR529

365. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Actually in New Super Mario Bros. on DS. On your first playthrough, you can only save your game when you finish a sub-castle and castle at the middle and end of the world. So if I'm in World 1, and let's say I get a gameover (if something was wrong seriously wrong with this world) after I finish the sub-castle. I have to start back at the first level after that.

Also, could you add me? ._. I've been wanting to get you on my 3DS friends list.

While that is true, the game had no difficulty whatsoever. NSMB is by far the easiest Mario game I've ever played (even Wii, with it's more casual continue system, has a tougher level design).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

366. Posted:

I completely agree that New Super Mario Bros. is the easiest Mario game ever. I'm just explaining that it did somewhat "punish" players for getting a gameover. Even though I never got one :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

367. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

This game just looks like Nintendo is trying to troll about mario and how they use his games when they need to boost sales.

Nintendo: "Look at us, making all this gold because of this plumber we keep abusing in stale platformer! lololololololol"

Wish it could have gone back to the pixel art, or even those voxel? things would have been nice to see... instead of the bland NSMB style.

Pixel art? Even DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Rayman Legends don't have them. This isn't 1989.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

368. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

Pixel art? Even DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Rayman Legends don't have them. This isn't 1989.

Well it feels like it should only cost the amount of a downloadable retro title like Megaman 9/10, so pixel art would fit pretty well.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

369. Posted:

They could at least made it like Wario Land: Shake It graphics or something...I dunno. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

370. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Well it feels like it should only cost the amount of a downloadable retro title like Megaman 9/10, so pixel art would fit pretty well.

I don't think so. I think it should cost $30.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

371. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Which is a complete 'shame' because the 2000's simply put suck harder beyond words.lol I'd leave everything behind me and go back to 89'(85 would be even better) in a heart beat! Anyways, I'd LOVE to see pixel art, I'm not into NSMB's crummy minimal clean and plastic looking artifical bland art direction. Doing sprites with the power of the 3DS would be absolutely amazing! Plus, Sprite based titles as proven in Mighty Switch force look absolutely wonderful in StereoScopic 3D!
Something tells me we wont be seeing 'anything' Sprite based from Nintendo for a long time. sigh*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

372. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

That's a shame. I'd love to still be in a time where gorgeous Pixel Art isn't frowned upon just 'cause it's old. Seriously, 2D sprites would be a lot better than these boring NSMB graphics.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Malkeor

373. Posted:

A pixel game like 3D Dot Game Heroes would be cool in Mario's style....that's the only way I think it would actually work in the modern world without being just a downloadable title.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage

RainbowDash

374. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

Mega Man 9 and 10... :P

3DS FC: 4253-3490-5944
Steam: [TTPN] Rainbow Dash
Currently Playing:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Punch-Out!! (3DS Virtual Console)
Anticipated games:
Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

375. Posted:

Pixel, animated, yarn or clay just 'something' different for once. GoodFeel seems to be the most creative and daring Nintendo developer there is from a visual art direction perspective. I'm dieing to see what they're cooking up next. It seems only fitting that they get to do a true 2D sequal to SMB2 USA. :D....But sadly, as much as Miyamoto would love to do a sequal(as it's one of his favorite SMB in the franchise along with the original) it's not in the cards for that other dude that was responsibale for everything else Mario-related who never worked on that game.

As far as pixel art goes....

Mega Man 9 & 10, Castlevania ReBirth, Contra ReBirth, Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds(although it seemed fake) Aliens DS, Contra 4, Shante Riskies Revenge, Mega Man ZX & ZX Advent, Castlevania DOS, POR, OoE ect ect. ya, this isn't 89' but we're still seeing pixel art in it's total awesomeness...here and there at least.

AuthorMessage

RR529

376. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mutant Mudds(although it seemed fake)

The problem with Mutant Mudds' artstyle was the dev wanted to mix the 8 bit and 16 bit eras in terms of visuals (they actually coined it "12 bit"). It's not bad per se, it just doesn't seem as good as it would have been, if they had chosen an era to represent more particularly, IMO.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

377. Posted:

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintendo_Nerd

378. Posted:

Haha @TysonQ7 , now the word coins will forever sound different!

I'm a NintendoNerd :P

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4987-2593

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

379. Posted:

Wave Boy... think of me when you hear this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

When you play NSMB2... on the snow stage... Subcon will always be your home...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Birthday_Boy

380. Posted:

The Site is now live, so check it out.
http://newsupermariobros2.nintendo.com/

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus