3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Emaan

341. Posted:

I know everyone's saying the story doesn't matter for a Mario game, but for real. I'm not asking for a drawn-out epic here, just give us something different than the usual "Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach". Except now its Bowser Kidnaps Princess Peach + Mario wants coins! What? It feels so tacked on. Actually integrate it into the storyline of the game. Its not that hard when I could sit here for 5 minutes and come up with several simple storylines that a new Mario game could use.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

342. Posted:

Well the trailer from last night was better than anything at e3.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

343. Posted:

How can you say that
Untitled
Was better than this?!?!

But otherwise yeah.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

344. Posted:

I didn't really like last night's trailer, I couldn't concentrate with that guy speaking over it ._.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

345. Posted:

I would be completely hyped for this game if you could share your coin rush records via spotpass as well as streetpass. I mean, is Nintendo allergic to online or something?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

346. Posted:

And put me in the "who cares about the story" club. There's Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi for that.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

347. Posted:

I take bad what I said, it might be the final music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgi3n3LD3Ko&feature=related

I still liked the music from NSMBW though.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

348. Posted:

Figures...the trailer didn't have that annoying music...making me think they finally changed the theme...T.T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

349. Posted:

I definitly like the new(even though it's practically the same) NSMB2 main overworld Grass land music better than the ones before it. the extended "Bahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" sounds more cutesy, as if Nintendo hired a band of Smurfs to sing along. :p

Untitled

But the rest? The Forest and Desert Music sound EXACTLY the same as NSMBWii....Same deal with the Castle stage although Nintendo slipped in the "bah Bah-ah!" lol If NSMBU sports the same music, I'm going to rip my pippy long stocking hair out while watching 'this' tubular video 5000 Times in reverse! This is actually where Nintendo's B-Bomb originated from. This version should be a Subcon Dream boss in the inevitable(I'm dreaming) SMB2 USA sequal. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

350. Posted:

Why must they reuse the same themes? More than half of the trailer were the same backgrounds from the first two entries. The night level looks interesting but other than that, nothing really spectacular. Poisonous water in the jungle world, sandy beaches with the same background, cloud levels with giant mushrooms to land on with green koopas in the way, and was that the exact Toadstool castle from NSMBW? Shocker. $1 says that Bowser is the antagonist.

Nice to see the new additions. Even if the Tanooki tail is old school.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

351. Posted:

I sold my NSMBW (all my Wii games actually) to get trade in cash for Wii U and 3DS. I loved NSMBW so this is kinda a replacement but at the same time it's different. The coin aspect will have the whole thing (gameplay wise) give a different feeling. Like a challenge mode of NSMBW.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

352. Posted:

Still not thrilled that there's recycled NSMBW music in this, even if remixed, but I'm hoping the frantic coin collecting and some new backgrounds make up for it.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

353. Posted:

I like that the main overworld is remixed. Still not happy that they didn't put more work into the soundtrack. I mean, Super Mario 3D Land had its own original soundtrack and that game was rushed to be done by Christmas. What's the excuse this time ._.

If any tracks could've been reused, at least use the original New Super Mario Bros. music, since this is the sequel to that if that matters. However, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when you have the coin powerup going on, the music is remixed. Its like sped up and has a different key. So there is some things new about the music, but besides that not much.

@WaveBoy, I'm pretty sure New Super Mario Bros. U will have original music, judging by the trailer. And the strong sense of mine that they're spending way more time developing the Wii U game than the 3DS one.

This will still be a fun game, but someone has to say it.

I guess this is what happens when you're rushing to make two Mario games at the same time.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

pixelman

354. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

I take bad what I said, it might be the final music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgi3n3LD3Ko&feature=related

I still liked the music from NSMBW though.

This looks fantastic. <3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

RR529

355. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I definitly like the new(even though it's practically the same) NSMB2 main overworld Grass land music better than the ones before it. the extended "Bahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" sounds more cutesy, as if Nintendo hired a band of Smurfs to sing along. :p

Untitled

But the rest? The Forest and Desert Music sound EXACTLY the same as NSMBWii....Same deal with the Castle stage although Nintendo slipped in the "bah Bah-ah!" lol If NSMBU sports the same music, I'm going to rip my pippy long stocking hair out while watching 'this' tubular video 5000 Times in reverse! This is actually where Nintendo's B-Bomb originated from. This version should be a Subcon Dream boss in the inevitable(I'm dreaming) SMB2 USA sequal. :p

This reminds me, I was never allowed to watch the Smurfs as a kid, and I have no idea why...

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

356. Posted:

If Coin Rush was Spotpass as well as Streetpass, I'd be all over this.

RYBlast

AuthorMessage

Emaan

357. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

If Coin Rush was Spotpass as well as Streetpass, I'd be all over this.

Yeah I agree. Street Pass hasn't been much of a feature for me. I hardly ever get any tags. So it'd be nice to have Coin Rush competitions with your online friends.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

358. Posted:

Speaking of online friends. Can I add some of you? The 3DS Friend Codes thread is a mess.

@NintyFan

@Eureka

@RYBlast

@pixelman

@Chrono_Cross

Add me if you can :p

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

359. Posted:

I love how all these people keep dissing on the "difficulty" of the game when none of us have even played it yet. So you'll get 99 lives really quickly from all the coins. When was the last time you saw the game over screen in a Mario game? Rayman Origins has infinite lives and it still makes me wanna throw my controller sometimes.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

360. Posted:

@grumblebuzz, exactly. If anything. Game over's give you a break from trying the same level over and over. I find it more frustrating to get stuck on a level, regardless of how many lives I have.

The Emaaloggery