Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,476

Joeynator3000

I had a dream about this game apparently...collecting a bunch of coins. (it was also a 3D platformer too, you think it would happen? )
Anyways yeah screw story on Bros. games....if I want a story in a Mario game then I'd play the RPGs. >.>

MrArcade

2D platformers don't need to be plot heavy.
Nuff said.

MrArcade

Cevan

Bowser is probably holding Peach ransom and will return her for 1,000,00 coins (Kidding).

On a serious note, though, the game looks pretty good so far. The backgrounds seem a lot more detailed than the 2 previous NSMB titles, so that's nice.

I wonder, though, what the point of getting one million coins is, aside from being the goal in the game. Perhaps a special world or level is unlocked, or something of the sort.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509
NNID: Cevan7

If you add me, please inform me in some way so I can add you.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509 | Nintendo Network ID: Cevan7

Joeynator3000

I honestly thought the story would be something like Bowser getting the ability to turn everything to gold and he'd use it to get rich or something. Maybe him and his kids used it to buy some fancy gold weapons or something. (you know, for bosses. xD )

emaan

I know everyone's saying the story doesn't matter for a Mario game, but for real. I'm not asking for a drawn-out epic here, just give us something different than the usual "Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach". Except now its Bowser Kidnaps Princess Peach + Mario wants coins! What? It feels so tacked on. Actually integrate it into the storyline of the game. Its not that hard when I could sit here for 5 minutes and come up with several simple storylines that a new Mario game could use.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Drawdler

How can you say that
Untitled
Was better than this?!?!

But otherwise yeah.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

emaan

I didn't really like last night's trailer, I couldn't concentrate with that guy speaking over it ._.

ديسكو الحب

RYBlast

I would be completely hyped for this game if you could share your coin rush records via spotpass as well as streetpass. I mean, is Nintendo allergic to online or something?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

RYBlast

And put me in the "who cares about the story" club. There's Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi for that.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

WaveBoy

I definitly like the new(even though it's practically the same) NSMB2 main overworld Grass land music better than the ones before it. the extended "Bahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" sounds more cutesy, as if Nintendo hired a band of Smurfs to sing along.

Untitled

But the rest? The Forest and Desert Music sound EXACTLY the same as NSMBWii....Same deal with the Castle stage although Nintendo slipped in the "bah Bah-ah!" lol If NSMBU sports the same music, I'm going to rip my pippy long stocking hair out while watching 'this' tubular video 5000 Times in reverse! This is actually where Nintendo's B-Bomb originated from. This version should be a Subcon Dream boss in the inevitable(I'm dreaming) SMB2 USA sequal.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Chrono_Cross

Why must they reuse the same themes? More than half of the trailer were the same backgrounds from the first two entries. The night level looks interesting but other than that, nothing really spectacular. Poisonous water in the jungle world, sandy beaches with the same background, cloud levels with giant mushrooms to land on with green koopas in the way, and was that the exact Toadstool castle from NSMBW? Shocker. $1 says that Bowser is the antagonist.

Nice to see the new additions. Even if the Tanooki tail is old school.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

emaan

I like that the main overworld is remixed. Still not happy that they didn't put more work into the soundtrack. I mean, Super Mario 3D Land had its own original soundtrack and that game was rushed to be done by Christmas. What's the excuse this time ._.

If any tracks could've been reused, at least use the original New Super Mario Bros. music, since this is the sequel to that if that matters. However, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when you have the coin powerup going on, the music is remixed. Its like sped up and has a different key. So there is some things new about the music, but besides that not much.

@WaveBoy, I'm pretty sure New Super Mario Bros. U will have original music, judging by the trailer. And the strong sense of mine that they're spending way more time developing the Wii U game than the 3DS one.

This will still be a fun game, but someone has to say it.

I guess this is what happens when you're rushing to make two Mario games at the same time.

ديسكو الحب

RR529

WaveBoy wrote:

I definitly like the new(even though it's practically the same) NSMB2 main overworld Grass land music better than the ones before it. the extended "Bahhhhhhh ahhhhhh" sounds more cutesy, as if Nintendo hired a band of Smurfs to sing along.

Untitled

But the rest? The Forest and Desert Music sound EXACTLY the same as NSMBWii....Same deal with the Castle stage although Nintendo slipped in the "bah Bah-ah!" lol If NSMBU sports the same music, I'm going to rip my pippy long stocking hair out while watching 'this' tubular video 5000 Times in reverse! This is actually where Nintendo's B-Bomb originated from. This version should be a Subcon Dream boss in the inevitable(I'm dreaming) SMB2 USA sequal.

This reminds me, I was never allowed to watch the Smurfs as a kid, and I have no idea why...

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

RYBlast

If Coin Rush was Spotpass as well as Streetpass, I'd be all over this.

RYBlast

emaan

RYBlast wrote:

If Coin Rush was Spotpass as well as Streetpass, I'd be all over this.

Yeah I agree. Street Pass hasn't been much of a feature for me. I hardly ever get any tags. So it'd be nice to have Coin Rush competitions with your online friends.

ديسكو الحب

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic