3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

321. Posted:

If this is too easy, this will go on my list of "Games ruined by difficulty" along with Kirby's epic yarn and Pokepark wii. I just wish we know more about the goal already.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Chris720

322. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk The goal is to obtain one million coins, that is as far as my information goes. :P

This game looks amazing and all, but I really want to see where there going with this game, it has a bazillion coins, the goal is to get one million coins. Are we also saving Peach? Or has Bowser hired Mario because Mr. Koopa is in a debt crisis having to pay for all those goombas? Or is Mario now Wario's lacky hunting coins down for him? Or maybe Wario is in a Mario suit to save Peach to get the one and only nose kiss, while Mario has been imprisoned in Wario's castle? Or has Mario turned gold hunter and doesn't want Peach anymore?

C'mon Nintendo, tell us more.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Emaan

323. Posted:

@Demonic, we already know Princess Peach has been kidnapped by Bowser, yet again. There's also no sign of Wario in what's been shown so far. Whether the one million coins goal has to do with the story, like lets say Bowser demanding one million to give back Princess Peach, hasn't been revealed yet. Hopefully there's at least some story behind it. Otherwise Mario will just look greedy :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

BenAV

324. Posted:

My guess is that the story is exactly the same as it usually is, and Mario is just gathering one million coins along the way for no apparent reason.
Anything more than that would be a surprise to me.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

325. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Demonic, we already know Princess Peach has been kidnapped by Bowser, yet again. There's also no sign of Wario in what's been shown so far. Whether the one million coins goal has to do with the story, like lets say Bowser demanding one million to give back Princess Peach, hasn't been revealed yet. Hopefully there's at least some story behind it. Otherwise Mario will just look greedy :p

Yikes. A story as boring as 3D land would be no good.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

326. Posted:

firearrow505 wrote:

Nintendo doesn't know how to make game anymore.

That would have been true if all the quality games they released this gen didn't exist.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

327. Posted:

Do you guys know what the actual plot of the original Super Mario Bros. is? I just assumed it was "Bowser kidnapped the Princess, Mario must rescue her." But according to the official instruction book and even Nintendo.com, it's some nonsense about Bowser using his magic powers to turn all the mushroom people into blocks, bricks, and plants, then kidnapping the Princess because she has magic powers too and is the only one who can undo the spell. That is bizarre. Compared to that story, every other Mario's plot looks about 10 times better.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

Adam

328. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Adam wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I feel that on this occasion they're doing very close to the minimum they can to get my money.

[/div]

Trying to get your money as efficiently as possible is at least thematically appropriate on this occasion. That was probably their reasoning.

[/div]

Well yes from a business pount of view it was a good decision, as they still got my money - but it reduces my faith in Nintendo's future products, and wont help their sales from me in the long run.

I said thematically, not financially. It was a joke. The game's theme is to get as many coins. Mario wants to get as much money in as little time possible, Nintendo supposedly wants to get our money with as little work as possible...

Would someone tell all these damn crickets to shut up? Geez.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

329. Posted:

PoorVGameNerd wrote:

Do you guys know what the actual plot of the original Super Mario Bros. is? I just assumed it was "Bowser kidnapped the Princess, Mario must rescue her." But according to the official instruction book and even Nintendo.com, it's some nonsense about Bowser using his magic powers to turn all the mushroom people into blocks, bricks, and plants, then kidnapping the Princess because she has magic powers too and is the only one who can undo the spell. That is bizarre. Compared to that story, every other Mario's plot looks about 10 times better.

What? That sounds way better than "lol kidnap princess for no apparent reason k bye."

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

330. Posted:

Do you guys need to have the whole plot and story and any and all surprises spoiled for you? You realize that it's coming in out in two months and at that time you can play it for yourself and discover all the fun on your own, right? It's cool to be excited but don't you think being so eager that ever secret is uncovered before you even play the game kind of ruins the actual experience?

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

331. Posted:

PoorVGameNerd wrote:

As strange as that sounds, at least it's still somewhat of a story. Even Peach's father the King was mentioned.

The one Mario game in which there was clearly somewhat of a story is the first Super Mario Galaxy. Bowser wanted to not only kidnap Peach but also wanted to have her rule at his side so he could be the ruler of the universe. It even has a backstory that described Rosalina's past. I'm afraid we won't see a Mario game with that deep of a story again for a long time, especially since the developer of SMG, Koizumi, said in a recent interview that people have come to expect the typical princess kidnapping of Mario games and that they won't change it.

Not that I expect elaborate stories in Mario games outside RPGs, but it does get repetitive. I can see keeping the basic gameplay unchanged, but the story doesn't have to be the exact same thing every time. At least Super Mario Bros. 3 had Mario rescue the kings of Mushroom World and Peach wasn't kidnapped until the final world.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

332. Posted:

I'm fine with Bowser kidnapping Princess Peach, its just, make it more interesting. Give us a reason why Mario's collection 1 million coins. @NintyFan, I think Super Mario Land 2 : 6 Golden Coins has a story, with Wario added in at least. Then there's Super Mario Sunshine that has a somewhat different story with Bowser trying to frame Mario during his vacation.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

333. Posted:

Reason why Mario wants 1 Mil in coins?

'Cuz he's a Scrooge.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

334. Posted:

firearrow505 wrote:

Nintendo doesn't know how to make game anymore.

That's bad news for Sony's game "designers".

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

335. Posted:

In the early days, so much of a game's story, especially one like the SMBs, was told in the instruction booklets. With the slow, painful death of them, I expect there'll be Mario games where there'll be no story. It's just a Pinky and the Brain scenario. Every episode, you knew they were trying to take over the world, and you already know Bowser's kidnapping Peach for the sake of kidnapping her. No story given by Nintendo. Storytelling is going to fall more and more into decline as gaming "progresses", I fear.

Oh, I can totally envision a scenario where Bowser is originally asking for a Billion coins ransom for Peach. Then says (pinkie claw to corner of mouth) a Million coins. Cue Bowser Jr. correcting him, and Bowser telling him to ZIP IT. :)

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Edlicious

336. Posted:

I never cared for the Mario Plot to much anyways? If the game is the awesome 2D platforming we all know and love then I dont care, Im sure mario needs the coins to buy something or open a special door or something of that sort

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

337. Posted:

I had a dream about this game apparently...collecting a bunch of coins. (it was also a 3D platformer too, you think it would happen? :p)
Anyways yeah screw story on Bros. games....if I want a story in a Mario game then I'd play the RPGs. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

338. Posted:

2D platformers don't need to be plot heavy.
Nuff said.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Cevan

339. Posted:

Bowser is probably holding Peach ransom and will return her for 1,000,00 coins (Kidding).

On a serious note, though, the game looks pretty good so far. The backgrounds seem a lot more detailed than the 2 previous NSMB titles, so that's nice.

I wonder, though, what the point of getting one million coins is, aside from being the goal in the game. Perhaps a special world or level is unlocked, or something of the sort.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509
NNID: Cevan7

If you add me, please inform me in some way so I can add you.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509 | Nintendo Network ID: Cevan7

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

340. Posted:

I honestly thought the story would be something like Bowser getting the ability to turn everything to gold and he'd use it to get rich or something. Maybe him and his kids used it to buy some fancy gold weapons or something. (you know, for bosses. xD )

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.