Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,444

mastersworddude

The story is the same again? I feel like it's such a missed opportunity, with Wario.
I know I shouldn't expect much of a story for a Mario game, but it's kinda getting annoying the it's the exact same story every time.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

CowLaunch

A few people have voiced concerns about this game (and others), but have also said they will buy it regardless. This kind of makes their reservations meaningless. If there are people who are going to buy a game whatever, then why would/should Nintendo make any effort into making substantially different or particularly good?

CowLaunch

Gamesake

mastersworddude wrote:

The story is the same again? I feel like it's such a missed opportunity, with Wario.
I know I shouldn't expect much of a story for a Mario game, but it's kinda getting annoying the it's the exact same story every time.

It's not exacly the same. This time Mario pays Bowser's ransom demands, rather than resort to bouncy violence.

...in my pants.

Adam

The 1-up issue doesn't bother me. You can easily max out on lives in most of the (N)SMB games, and they aren't such difficult games that you lose a ton of lives anyway. I doubt it'll be significantly easier than any other game. Or who knows, they could use the assumption that you'll always have a bazillion lives as an excuse to make more challenging levels, which would suit me fine.

CowLaunch wrote:

A few people have voiced concerns about this game (and others), but have also said they will buy it regardless. This kind of makes their reservations meaningless. If there are people who are going to buy a game whatever, then why would/should Nintendo make any effort into making substantially different or particularly good?

I don't share their reservations, but just because Mario is always good doesn't mean it couldn't always be better.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

mastersworddude wrote:

Exactly how I feel. Its not the same every game, but yeah.

@Gamesake, any confirmation on that?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

BenAV

Woo, August 18th release date for Australia (one day after Europe and one day before America) so looks like we're not going to be stuck waiting while everyone else plays.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Terave

mastersworddude wrote:

Is there a story then?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

e-love

@Demonic, I feel stupid now

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ecto-1

Here is something interesting; check out the box art from Nintendo's website. Why does it have the Nintendo Network logo?

Untitled

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

akabenjy

BenAV wrote:

Woo, August 18th release date for Australia (one day after Europe and one day before America) so looks like we're not going to be stuck waiting while everyone else plays.

Hehe that is nice, for once. I wasn't going to buy this game until I saw that you could fly vertically with the racoon tail. I love Super Mario 3 and this game looks very reminiscent of that.

akabenjy

SonyFACE

Ecto-1 wrote:

Here is something interesting; check out the box art from Nintendo's website. Why does it have the Nintendo Network logo?

Untitled

Maybe there's online Co-op or leaderboards or something.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

Drawdler

Sigh... Why can't they just raise the 1-Up cap for once? I'm going to be really sad if that 1800-ish Coin video was just Coin Rush. Mario games are WAY too easy lately!

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Geonjaha

CowLaunch wrote:

I have concerns for the game, and since it looks like it isnt much of an improvement on the DS version, loses the minigames, and makes a joke of a 1-UP system, I wasn't going to buy it. I was set on not buying it until the Co-op for the whole game and coin rush modes were announced. I will buy it now, because it's still going to be a very good game, but it's just disapointing that Nintendo are settling for that and not adding more. I feel that on this occasion they're doing very close to the minimum they can to get my money.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Adam

Geonjaha wrote:

I feel that on this occasion they're doing very close to the minimum they can to get my money.

[/div]

Trying to get your money as efficiently as possible is at least thematically appropriate on this occasion. That was probably their reasoning.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Simmer_E

Hope we can see some new out-of-this-world levels
Maybe a galaxy level or something, where you hop from planet to planet?

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

I bet there's a Greek somewhere watching the E3 trailer of the game,and wishing he was Mario.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Gamesake

Nibelilt wrote:

Mario games are WAY too easy lately!

Maybe you just getting better at them.

...in my pants.

Joeynator3000

Still haven't decided on this...grabbing ten bazillion coins per second sounds fun and all, but...there has to be more to it than that.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.