Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,476

emaan

I really like the New Super Mario Bros. theme, its catchy. I just wish it was remixed in its own original way for New Super Mario Bros. 2, don't just copy all the music from the Wii game. That's lazy.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Adam

Has it not been said several times already that the music was only for the demo? I'm confused that this is something still being complained about. Not that I would hold it against anyone if it turns out to be true, just thought it was confirmed that this is placeholder music.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

emaan

It wasn't confirmed, it was us speculating. Unless I'm missing something.

ديسكو الحب

mamp

Adam wrote:

What about the video says anything about online leaderboards? I missed it.

Well it's not confirmed I was just speculating since it has the Nintendo Network logo and since it's not for Co-op what else could it be for? With so many coins flying around everywhere it looks like only the best will try to get as many as they can while trying to complete a stage as soon as possible. Also a lot of games tend to use online for leaderboards nowadays. Also streetpass seems to work this way too trying to get more coins than the guy u passed while also trying to do it faster.
Well I guess instead of online leaderboards Nintendo could probably send out challenges through spotpass.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

emaan

New discussion : Anyone wondering what happens when we reach 1 million coins? Can we get more than that?

ديسكو الحب

TysonOfTime

Emaan1 wrote:

New discussion : Anyone wondering what happens when we reach 1 million coins? Can we get more than that?

My honest to god theory is that Bowser used a Giant Robot to capture Peach, and Mario needs 1 Million coins to buy himself a giant robot so he can storm the final castle.

This has like, a 2% chance of happening, but it would be amazing.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

BenAV

I like that they've decided to do something different with this and add the whole 'coins everywhere' thing.
I wouldn't want it in every Mario game, but I really wasn't excited about getting more New Super Mario Bros. and now I'm actually looking forward to it.
Both this and the Wii U game seem to add enough new content to warrant a purchase from the look of it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

TysonOfTime

Eureka wrote:

Definitely sounds more interesting than the U game.

That game has Baby Yoshis.
This game does not.
Argument In-validified.

BABY YOSHIS

Shining-Void

IDK about this one, I feel like all the coins are going to make it way too forgiving. I'll probably pick it up... whenever I get a 3ds.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

TysonOfTime

Golden-Darkness wrote:

IDK about this one, I feel like all the coins are going to make it way too forgiving. I'll probably pick it up... whenever I get a 3ds.

[/div]

The live system seems to be removed.

In the trailer, the lives were still there, but the coin count only went to 100.
In the footage we've seen, Coins haven't given lives, plus the count is in the 1000's.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Joeynator3000

TysonQ7 wrote:

Golden-Darkness wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

In the trailer, the lives were still there, but the coin count only went to 100.
In the footage we've seen, Coins haven't given lives, plus the count is in the 1000's.

They're still there...I highly doubt Nintendo would throw in the 1UP sound and the "1UP" appearing for no reason.

TysonOfTime

Eureka wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Golden-Darkness wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

They're still there...I highly doubt Nintendo would throw in the 1UP sound and the "1UP" appearing for no reason.

Nope. Check the E3 gameplay footage on the last page. After 100 coins, no 1UP noise or anything.

Joeynator3000

TysonQ7 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Golden-Darkness wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Nope. Check the E3 gameplay footage on the last page. After 100 coins, no 1UP noise or anything.

You know that could just be Coin Rush. >.>

TysonOfTime

@Eureka

I hope not.

Joeynator3000

lol, well in both the trailers and gameplay videos I saw...I could see 1UP references here and there.
And they did say you will only have one life for Coin Rush, so it would make sense for them to take it out for that mode.

Adam

Leaderboards would be nice, but it seems unlikely. What would be the point of Coin Rush's street pass if you could just compare scores online? I hope it's true though. Coin Rush sounds like a blast.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Eureka wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Golden-Darkness wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You know that could just be Coin Rush. >.>

It is. In the normal game you can hear the 1up sound play when you get 100 coins, and they did have a Coin Rush demo at the event.

Lives do seem kind of pointless though. I wonder if you can use them as currency or just convert them into even more coins... for instance, spending 25 lives could put a gold fire flower in your inventory. Stuff like that would give the player incentive to lower his life supply in return for more challenge and more $$$.

retired_account

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic