3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,508

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

181. Posted:

There are no lives in this game. Difficulty isn't always the same for all games. Just as Wario Land 3, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, thinks can be difficulty even if there is no health system.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

SpunkySix

182. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

At this rate they may as well remove the Lives mechanic from Mario altogether. :|

[/div]

I don't see why they don't, or why anyone would care if they did. Back in the day, a game over meant literally restarting the entire game over again because you lost all your lives. This was necessary to make a game feel long, because otherwise it would take about five seconds to beat. It was kind of cheap, but understandable. Nowadays, game overs are just minor inconveniences that serve no purpose. Getting one means replaying anywhere from five seconds to twenty minutes of gameplay, which is more annoying than anything, and games are long enough that they don't need that sort of artificial lengthening. Games can be very hard and still have infinite lives. Somebody already said Rayman Origins, and if anybody remembers the Wario Land series, (2 and 3) those were still challenging. Also, I Wanna Be The Guy :). Just look at the Galaxy games and even Super Mario 64 DS. A game over in those means going back to the menu, clicking your file, running back to where you were and starting right up again, maybe losing a checkpoint. It's not meaningful, it's just bothersome. So why even bother? Just do away with the system all together, it's outdated, and just like password saving, it's unecessary now.

Edited on by SpunkySix

SpunkySix

AuthorMessage

Knux

183. Posted:

Untitled

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Emaan

184. Posted:

@SpunkySix, that's what I'm saying. In today's games, the gameover screen literally means nothing. You don't have to restart the whole game in New Super Mario Bros. on DS or Wii if you get a gameover. Yet, you could still come across some levels that you had to keep trying over and over. I don't see how us not having a gameover in this game would affect the difficulty at all.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Adam

185. Posted:

The whopping one or two minutes of footage we got was not really material enough to denounce it as too similar to NSMBDS. The excessive amount of gold in the game is enough to distinguish it from any of the others, anyway, if being very like a good game was ever an issue to begin with. I'm looking forward to it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

RR529

186. Posted:

Unless the eShop trailer is already outdated (unlikely), the game still has lives, and not just because of the "1up" jingle. whenever Mario gets 100 coins (an example is when he puts on that block helmet), a green "1up" pops up above his head. Also, there's one when he grabs the flagpole at the end of the video.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

187. Posted:

Technically, in the original SMB, you didn't have to start over. If you held A at the start screen after dying and then pressed start, you'd resume at the beginning of the world.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Emaan

188. Posted:

@SuperSonic95, WHAT is that real? :O this would make me trying to beat this game so much easier!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

189. Posted:

Yep. It sure is. Quite useful.
Anybody else downloading this? I personally will because I want to have a large amount of platformers always available.
EDIT: Also, as for people complaining about this having lives, I personally enjoy trying to gain a large amount of lives. Plus, maybe there might be a reward for having large numbers of lives like SM3DL.

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

190. Posted:

Waiting for a review first...and depends on size, I don't wanna wait around the whole day, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

191. Posted:

A+Start is a crazy cheat. Try to beat the game without using it if you can. Finishing SMB on your own without exploiting glitches is an accomplishment all gamers should aim for. :)

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

192. Posted:

Adam wrote:

The whopping one or two minutes of footage we got was not really material enough to denounce it as too similar to NSMBDS. The excessive amount of gold in the game is enough to distinguish it from any of the others, anyway, if being very like a good game was ever an issue to begin with. I'm looking forward to it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Emaan

193. Posted:

@PoorVGameNerd, I wouldn't call it a cheat, considering other Mario games don't make you restart the entire game when you get a gameover. Its not like the warp zones, you still have to beat every level.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Alucard83

194. Posted:

They really should add something new to the Mario games. First of all let the 100 coins besides getting extra life count for to get other items. Let there be a shop and let you make buy items. For some levels you need some special to progress but if you don't have enough coins you have to get more. This way you make it more worth to go back to the levels.!

Edited on by Alucard83

Alucard83

AuthorMessage

Cia

195. Posted:

Maybe you get 1 special world open for every 100 000 coins you collect? If the ultimate goal in this game is to collect 1 million coins as stated, that would give the players more reason to work for them.

Cia

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

196. Posted:

Adam wrote:

There are also videos on youtube of people playing the demos at E3 and the levels look like they could be in the NSMB for DS.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

197. Posted:

It looks much more fun than the first (DS) NSMB if you ask me.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Emaan

198. Posted:

^

Still the same music I've heard before, sigh

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

199. Posted:

I don't like that the music is recycled from NSMBW, but hopefully it's just filler for the demo. Collecting all those coins looks like fun. Also, it's cool to see there's Dry Goombas and Dry Piranha Plants now. The Reznor look like push-overs as always, but they're supposed to get tougher the further you go into the game.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

200. Posted:

Wh-whut? But the trailer didn't have the stupid "La!" music, its STILL here? T.T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.