Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,444

mamp

With so many coins flying around this game is bound to have online leaderboards.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Drawdler

At this rate they may as well remove the Lives mechanic from Mario altogether.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

TheN64Dude

Is it me or is this game TOO easy. I love me some NSMB, but you could get your lives maxed out on the first world if you wanted. And it looks nearly impossible to get hit if you have that golden flower. Why are they focusing so much on coins, I was expecting some brand new power ups and enemies.

Get "N" or Get Out!

e-love

@SpunkySix, that's what I'm saying. In today's games, the gameover screen literally means nothing. You don't have to restart the whole game in New Super Mario Bros. on DS or Wii if you get a gameover. Yet, you could still come across some levels that you had to keep trying over and over. I don't see how us not having a gameover in this game would affect the difficulty at all.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Adam

The whopping one or two minutes of footage we got was not really material enough to denounce it as too similar to NSMBDS. The excessive amount of gold in the game is enough to distinguish it from any of the others, anyway, if being very like a good game was ever an issue to begin with. I'm looking forward to it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RR529

Unless the eShop trailer is already outdated (unlikely), the game still has lives, and not just because of the "1up" jingle. whenever Mario gets 100 coins (an example is when he puts on that block helmet), a green "1up" pops up above his head. Also, there's one when he grabs the flagpole at the end of the video.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnPhilipSousa

Technically, in the original SMB, you didn't have to start over. If you held A at the start screen after dying and then pressed start, you'd resume at the beginning of the world.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

e-love

@SuperSonic95, WHAT is that real? this would make me trying to beat this game so much easier!

JohnPhilipSousa

Yep. It sure is. Quite useful.
Anybody else downloading this? I personally will because I want to have a large amount of platformers always available.
EDIT: Also, as for people complaining about this having lives, I personally enjoy trying to gain a large amount of lives. Plus, maybe there might be a reward for having large numbers of lives like SM3DL.

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

Joeynator3000

Waiting for a review first...and depends on size, I don't wanna wait around the whole day, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

PoorVGameNerd

A+Start is a crazy cheat. Try to beat the game without using it if you can. Finishing SMB on your own without exploiting glitches is an accomplishment all gamers should aim for.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

Odnetnin

Adam wrote:

The whopping one or two minutes of footage we got was not really material enough to denounce it as too similar to NSMBDS. The excessive amount of gold in the game is enough to distinguish it from any of the others, anyway, if being very like a good game was ever an issue to begin with. I'm looking forward to it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

e-love

@PoorVGameNerd, I wouldn't call it a cheat, considering other Mario games don't make you restart the entire game when you get a gameover. Its not like the warp zones, you still have to beat every level.

Alucard83

They really should add something new to the Mario games. First of all let the 100 coins besides getting extra life count for to get other items. Let there be a shop and let you make buy items. For some levels you need some special to progress but if you don't have enough coins you have to get more. This way you make it more worth to go back to the levels.!

Edited on by Alucard83

Alucard83

Cia

Maybe you get 1 special world open for every 100 000 coins you collect? If the ultimate goal in this game is to collect 1 million coins as stated, that would give the players more reason to work for them.

Cia

FonistofCruxis

Adam wrote:

There are also videos on youtube of people playing the demos at E3 and the levels look like they could be in the NSMB for DS.

warioswoods

It looks much more fun than the first (DS) NSMB if you ask me.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.