Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,476

Hokori

^i gave up for now I'll get back to it soon though

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

emaan

CM30 wrote:

So, am I the only one here who's maxed out the coin counter in New Super Mario Bros 2?

Pshhhh I still haven't hit 1 million yet. Crazy I know.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Noob_The_Third

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

So, am I the only one here who's maxed out the coin counter in New Super Mario Bros 2?

Pshhhh I still haven't hit 1 million yet. Crazy I know.

Me neither

CM30

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Hokori

CM30 wrote:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

I'm at about 2 and a half million

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Auracle

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 3-4 trick?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

emaan

CM30 wrote:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

Yeah. It kinda sucks the fun out of it for me. I'm at 800,000. I've used the 3-4 trick, and also played the Gold Rush DLC pack tons of times to get to this many.

I can't help but think perhaps the coin goal should have been lower, or more connected to the main game. Because it would take forever to get 1 million only through the story mode, and that's when the game was most fresh.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

CM30

Yeah, the million coin goal should have been tied into story mode more. Heck, they probably should have had even more levels and worlds in story mode, or more coins in the worlds just to make it less tedious to reach the million point. Because as of now, you're going to get what, about a hundred thousand coins on a playthrough of the main adventure? That should have been more like eight hundred thousand coins by Dry Bowser, so that you only had to play a bit of coin rush to reach the target.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

emaan

CM30 wrote:

Yeah, the million coin goal should have been tied into story mode more. Heck, they probably should have had even more levels and worlds in story mode, or more coins in the worlds just to make it less tedious to reach the million point. Because as of now, you're going to get what, about a hundred thousand coins on a playthrough of the main adventure? That should have been more like eight hundred thousand coins by Dry Bowser, so that you only had to play a bit of coin rush to reach the target.

Lol 100,000 coins. I finished the story mode with like 35,000.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Hokori

The_Other_M wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 3-4 trick?

On world 3-4 go to the end of the level without using the gold flower instead use the raccoon tail, hit the block that goes up to a lone Koopa, hit the Koopa with the tail down to the block and the vine, go to the vine turn gold and the Koopa will get up and hit you and then the block and it repeats until you get 30,000 coins. Do this over and over for more coins

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Auracle

@HarmoKnight and @CM30
Very cool. I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the help.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Xilef

CapnPancakez wrote:

How do you get gold flowers for the coin rush stages? I have a golden flower in my bubble but it doesn't show up when I play coin rush.

Complete the game.

Xilef

noname001

... You may not remember it, but you have to complete the game.

noname001

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic