3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,381. Posted:

Got the notification now ^^

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,382. Posted:

That Nerve-Wreck pack is tricky.
It's well past four in the morning and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and as a result I couldn't get to the end of the first stage.
Might try again a bit later when I can actually see what I'm doing properly. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,383. Posted:

I have to say it only took like 5 seconds to download all the DLC?? That tells me that all that DLC content that I payed 6quid for was already on the cartridge. I just payed them to unlocked it. :(

I don't agree with that kind of DLC at all. I bought the game and so I should get 100% of the content without having to pay extra for them to unlock more content on the cartridge.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,384. Posted:

It wasn't on there. It's just all you downloaded was code. You're not downloading any new game models or anything. NSMB2 is a pretty small game because Nintendo is efficient with compression and things like that to save on memory.

You downloaded new course designs, which in itself doesn't take much space. It wasn't already on the game.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,385. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

It wasn't on there. It's just all you downloaded was code. You're not downloading any new game models or anything. NSMB2 is a pretty small game because Nintendo is efficient with compression and things like that to save on memory.

You downloaded new course designs, which in itself doesn't take much space. It wasn't already on the game.

I need proof. I downloaded all three dlc packs in less than 5 seconds. They can't be that small in size no way. I'm on virgin ISP so my speeds aren't great either

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,386. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I have to say it only took like 5 seconds to download all the DLC. That tells me that all the content was already on the cartridge. They just unlocked it. :(

Assuming that a quick download speed means it's already on-cartridge is silly. Let's put this in perspective: The original Super Mario Bros takes about (usually less than, depending) a second to download. I think it's around 45 KB. That's the entire game, its music, sound effects, graphics, and 32 levels.

2D level files are either extremely small or a programmer at Nintendo is doing something wrong. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,387. Posted:

What proof do you need? Why would you re-download objects in a game? All code is basically, is just text. You download instructions for the new levels. The game reads it and uses the objects already in the game.

These level designs weren't even created when NSMB2 came out.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,388. Posted:

Untitled

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Raylax

1,389. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

I need proof. I downloaded all three dlc packs in less than 5 seconds. They can't be that small in size no way. I'm on virgin 60mb package

In super basic terms, the level design could be stored extremely efficiently as pure numerical data (it won't be stored like this, because there are even more efficient ways, but go with this for now). Let's say (in a very basic system) you represent a block (ie, any ingame object) by two digits for the type of block and 4 digits for the grid position on-screen (2 for X, 2 for Y).
Let's say that a pipe is block 00, and we're placing it at grid tile (10, 20), so it appears at the start of the level. The data would simply be 001020. The game can read that and say "ok, 00 is a pipe, 10 is the X position and 20 is the Y position"
All of the graphics and sounds are already in the game, all the game has to do is download a big chunk of numbers. And numerical data is tiny. To demonstrate, I just created a file on my laptop with 150,000 numbers in it, which would support 25,000 blocks in our level builder. It's 130kb, uncompressed. Which would take less than a tenth of a second to download. I highly doubt that Nintendo's level packs are in uncompressed format, either. Levels can be stored in a tiny amount of data.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

1,390. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I just payed them to unlocked it. :(

I don't agree with that kind of DLC at all. I bought the game and so I should get 100% of the content without having to pay extra for them to unlock more content on the cartridge.

@ Bassmonsta

imagine if Luigis mansion2: dark moon would be DLC in new super mario bros2.Actually that would be magical. Even if LM2 was already on the cart of NSMB2. Actually a reason to buy it :)

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,391. Posted:

Hmm, which packs to get.

I'm leaning towards the easy gold rush one and the difficult whack whatever its called one. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

1,392. Posted:

Nintendo fans not liking DLC, what a surprise. I agree with both perspectives, in that Nintendo games can stand on their own, but I already beat it and will gladly welcome more content.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

1,393. Posted:

Yeah, I downloaded all the Ambassodor NES games in a couple minutes.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,394. Posted:

LordSEGA95 wrote:

Nintendo fans not liking DLC, what a surprise. I agree with both perspectives, in that Nintendo games can stand on their own, but I already beat it and will gladly welcome more content.

Not gonna download it unless there are new bosses. :P. FE is more deserving of my cash. :*

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Neoproteus

1,395. Posted:

Oh my god the DLC looks amazing! I can't wait to try the nerve-wrack pack! I thought it was already released in North America so I was looking forward to it all day... :(

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,396. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

I need proof. I downloaded all three dlc packs in less than 5 seconds. They can't be that small in size no way. I'm on virgin 60mb package

In super basic terms, the level design could be stored extremely efficiently as pure numerical data (it won't be stored like this, because there are even more efficient ways, but go with this for now). Let's say (in a very basic system) you represent a block (ie, any ingame object) by two digits for the type of block and 4 digits for the grid position on-screen (2 for X, 2 for Y).
Let's say that a pipe is block 00, and we're placing it at grid tile (10, 20), so it appears at the start of the level. The data would simply be 001020. The game can read that and say "ok, 00 is a pipe, 10 is the X position and 20 is the Y position"

All of the graphics and sounds are already in the game, all the game has to do is download a big chunk of numbers. And numerical data is tiny. To demonstrate, I just created a file on my laptop with 150,000 numbers in it, which would support 25,000 blocks in our level builder. It's 130kb, uncompressed. Which would take less than a tenth of a second to download. I highly doubt that Nintendo's level packs are in uncompressed format, either. Levels can be stored in a tiny amount of data.

I understand now. Thanks for the explanation. :)

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,397. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

imagine if Luigis mansion2: dark moon would be DLC in new super mario bros2.Actually that would be magical. Even if LM2 was already on the cart of NSMB2. Actually a reason to buy it :)

What in the heck are you even talking about?

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

1,398. Posted:

wobee wrote:

Stereoman wrote:

What in the heck are you even talking about?

I didn't understand either. :)

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,399. Posted:

@Stereoman used confusion! Its super effective! :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

RupeeClock

1,400. Posted:

So, anyone here been challenging Coin Challenge Pack A?
Their leaderboard is showing 21,230 as the #1 score so far.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/ms/newsupermariobro...

I've managed 25,728 coins though, and I'm sure I can do better than that.
Untitled

RupeeClock