Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,444

Auracle

@HarmoKnight and @CM30
Very cool. I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the help.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

ThePirateCaptain

How do you get gold flowers for the coin rush stages? I have a golden flower in my bubble but it doesn't show up when I play coin rush.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

Maybe i've just been missing something, idk I guess i'm just dull.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Xilef

CapnPancakez wrote:

How do you get gold flowers for the coin rush stages? I have a golden flower in my bubble but it doesn't show up when I play coin rush.

Complete the game.

Xilef

noname001

... You may not remember it, but you have to complete the game.

noname001

Noob_The_Third

I tries to get as little coins as I could in the Gold Rush pack and made it to level 3 with 199 coins but died because you need a fire flower to get past the thwomps

TeeJay

CM30 wrote:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

But...why did you do that?! All you get is a different trophy in the title screen. That definitely not worth hours and hours of endless grinding.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JohnPhilipSousa

@Everyonesayingit'shardtomaxoutcoins
It's supposed to be a passive goal. That's why Nintendo is pushing DLC. They offer DLC to get you to increase your playing, and you passively work towards the goal.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

TheDreamingHawk

DiscordedTeeJay wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

But...why did you do that?! All you get is a different trophy in the title screen. That definitely not worth hours and hours of endless grinding.

You get a different title screen in Mario kart Double dash and 64 for 100%ing the game, no one complains about that, HM? But with this game, it's suddenly a problem. Why?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

noname001

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

DiscordedTeeJay wrote:

CM30 wrote:

You get a different title screen in Mario kart Double dash and 64 for 100%ing the game, no one complains about that, HM? But with this game, it's suddenly a problem. Why?

While I personally don't judge anyone who wants to max out their counter in this game, the reason something like reaching 100% in Double Dash is different is two things... on your way to the 100%, you unlock a lot of other content (racers and karts). And it simply doesn't take too long to do either. Meanwhile, in NSMB2, you have to spend a LOT of time grinding for coins. Doing the exaaact same thing again and again and again. Even if you got 30,000 coins every single time, you'd have to do that coins rush 330 times to go from zero to maxed out. That's a lot of repetition.

Edited on by noname001

noname001

Ecto-1

I downloaded both of the new DLC packs yesterday. Both of them are pretty good, although I think the Coin Challenge B pack is probably the better of the two. The second course in that pack was probably my favorite of yesterday's DLC levels.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

6ch6ris6

just a quick question:

i saw a video of new super mario bros. U today. it has challenges where you need to do crazy things like finish a level without touching the ground and stuff like that. does this game have stuff like that, too? do i need to buy DLC for that? or are their challenges like this already in the game?
i am not so interested in coin rush or whatever it is called.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Banker-Style

I got my Million Coins the other day,and the reward I got was probably the best in gaming history.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Tasuki

Just finished my first play through with 30,000 coins. (Yeah I know I suck lol). I didnt take any alternate paths or anything like that but I just wanted to learn the levels and make it through to Bower's castle before I tried to open up alternate paths or go for the million coin goal. I have to say this has been the best Mario game I have played in awhile.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Zach777

Japan just got some classic levels to download for free. Hopefully they make it elsewhere...... for free.

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.