3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,508

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

121. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It doesn't even have the fun minigames the DS game had. Speaking of which, I honestly think Super Mario 64 DS changed more things than NSMBWii. I mean, I think a lot of the changes were bad ideas, but they at least made it different than just porting the game.

[/div]

Not sure if serious. Are you suggesting that NSMBWii is a remake? That's like saying that Wind Waker makes less changes to Ocarina of Time than Ocarina of Time 3D. Also, do you even know what a port means?

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

122. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It doesn't even have the fun minigames the DS game had. Speaking of which, I honestly think Super Mario 64 DS changed more things than NSMBWii. I mean, I think a lot of the changes were bad ideas, but they at least made it different than just porting the game.

[/div]

[/div]

Not sure if serious. Are you suggesting that NSMBWii is a remake? That's like saying that Wind Waker makes less changes to Ocarina of Time than Ocarina of Time 3D. Also, do you even know what a port means?

yeah, I kinda should have edited that. I meant that the remake felt more different then the original than what is technically a sequel was to NSMB.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

123. Posted:

@RYBlast. I'm pretty sure EVERY Mario game has been different from one another somewhat, visually, except for the New Super Mario Bros. games. All the New Super Mario Bros. games so far are using the same art style. Yes, New Super Mario Bros. U has some nice new backgrounds for a change, but they all still look way too similar.

Correction : SMB3 and World look nothing like each other.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

124. Posted:

ATDI wrote:

The picture of World 1-1 looks like 1-1 from NSMB DS and NSMB Wii, which makes me kinda angry. Ridiculous, yes, but Super Mario is my favorite series and this World 1-1 repetition is such a waste of my time. I'm sure all of world 1 will be way too easy and painfully uncreative. Also from the screenshots, the worlds will have the same themes as the other NSMB games. Generic Mario theme, ancient Egypt theme (why are they still doing this oddly specific theme?), forest theme, winter theme. And probably cloud theme, mountain theme, and lava theme. Why no new worlds? :(

Think of some worlds, and eMail nintendo about them. New worlds could be hard to come up with, because the previous ones kinda covered everything. Maybe a Candy Wonderland style theme (Kinda stupid, but hey, it's new!)? A cave world where everything takes place inside a cave? A "Bowser's Gauntlet" world where it's all a giant castle? That's all I got... Maybe a swapnote world, where you don't go left, but down and you have to survive until the note is drawn and then the next note comes up and then it starts over. Each would have 10 notes of varying difficulty and type (Reply/Main message) but the last would always be a flag pole? Hmm... none of them sound super (No pun intended) "Mario" like.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Emaan

125. Posted:

New Super Mario Bros. U seems to be giving us slightly new worlds.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Chris720

126. Posted:

NSMB2 looks pretty interesting, especially with the whole "collect 1 million coins" aspect, I just hope it'll last longer than the previous instalments because NSMBW was far too easy for it's own good.

I've watched the Iwata Asks on NSMB2 and the dude he was talking to says he wanted to create a Mario game that would last longer than other Mario games, or something like that, so that's why he put in the 1 million coins aspect. problem is, there's coins literally everywhere! Surely it won't take that long to get to 1 million coins, especially if there's literally thousands of coins per level?

Either way, I'm pretty stoked for this game.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Knux

127. Posted:

Prepare for a buttload of 1-ups!

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

pixelman

128. Posted:

I wonder if you'll be able to convert 1-ups into coins? :O

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

129. Posted:

I wonder why there's not even an extra life count in the upper left corner?

I hope 1-ups aren't going to make this game too easy as well. I never got a game over in the Super Mario Galaxy games, the past two New Super Mario Bros. titles, or Super Mario 3D Land.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Chris720

130. Posted:

I think this'll be the easiest Mario game to date... "hey, you, yeah you... the Mario fan. Here have 1 million coins so you can get 999 lives! :D"

I'm just hoping we can spend coins to unlock stuff... maybe new levels, items etc.? I also wonder if after you complete it you get a normal mode...

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

131. Posted:

Maybe they can do something with all the lives...like at the end of a level/world all the extra lives are turned into 50 coins or something. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

132. Posted:

Just because we won't gameover doesn't mean the game will be easy. In Super Mario 3D Land I had around 70 lives most of the time, never had a gameover, but that didn't stop me from getting stuck on certain levels.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

133. Posted:

I know...but I still wished they would ease up on the extra lives...or set it up like Galaxy 2 where it resets after you turn the game off.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

mamp

134. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land was too easy for me. I had to take the game REALLY slow because I knew I could have beaten it easily and quickly, and I had to make it last until Mario Kart 7 came out. I just hope this game is hard they said they would add that golden tanooki tail assist function so I hope they ramp up the difficulty something fierce.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

135. Posted:

...I heard they got rid of lives in this game.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-new-super-money-bros-2-gotta-ge...
"First thing Nintendo appears to have done was get rid of the lives system entirely. FINALLY! In exchange, the coin counter has expanded to four digits, meaning you will literally be showering in gold by the end of a single level."

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

136. Posted:

...Then what was with the 1-UP sound in the trailer? o.0
EDIT: Yeah I just watched it again and you even see 1UP pop up...are they SURE Nintendo got rid of them? :p

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

Emaan

137. Posted:

They might've gotten rid of lives, but left 1UP's in for the nostalgia. :p
Just the noise and everything every time you reach 100 coins. We never actually saw in the video, Mario's lives go up 1, so you never know!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

138. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

They might've gotten rid of lives, but left 1UP's in for the nostalgia. :p
Just the noise and everything every time you reach 100 coins. We never actually saw in the video, Mario's lives go up 1, so you never know!

You know it could be on the bottom screen....xD

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

139. Posted:

I can't believe Nintendo would takes 1-ups/lives out of a Mario game. That's just... Just ditch the "new" style, Nintendo.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

140. Posted:

@Eureka, I know but....yeaahhh I don't know :p

@Retro, I'm actually really glad this game is daring to try something different. That's not what I would have expected from a New Super Mario Bros. game.

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery