Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,476

Chris720

I think this'll be the easiest Mario game to date... "hey, you, yeah you... the Mario fan. Here have 1 million coins so you can get 999 lives! "

I'm just hoping we can spend coins to unlock stuff... maybe new levels, items etc.? I also wonder if after you complete it you get a normal mode...

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Maybe they can do something with all the lives...like at the end of a level/world all the extra lives are turned into 50 coins or something. >.>

emaan

Just because we won't gameover doesn't mean the game will be easy. In Super Mario 3D Land I had around 70 lives most of the time, never had a gameover, but that didn't stop me from getting stuck on certain levels.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Joeynator3000

I know...but I still wished they would ease up on the extra lives...or set it up like Galaxy 2 where it resets after you turn the game off.

mamp

Super Mario 3D Land was too easy for me. I had to take the game REALLY slow because I knew I could have beaten it easily and quickly, and I had to make it last until Mario Kart 7 came out. I just hope this game is hard they said they would add that golden tanooki tail assist function so I hope they ramp up the difficulty something fierce.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

TysonOfTime

...I heard they got rid of lives in this game.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-new-super-money-bros-2-gotta-ge...
"First thing Nintendo appears to have done was get rid of the lives system entirely. FINALLY! In exchange, the coin counter has expanded to four digits, meaning you will literally be showering in gold by the end of a single level."

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Joeynator3000

...Then what was with the 1-UP sound in the trailer? o.0
EDIT: Yeah I just watched it again and you even see 1UP pop up...are they SURE Nintendo got rid of them?

Edited on by Joeynator3000

emaan

They might've gotten rid of lives, but left 1UP's in for the nostalgia.
Just the noise and everything every time you reach 100 coins. We never actually saw in the video, Mario's lives go up 1, so you never know!

ديسكو الحب

Joeynator3000

Emaan1 wrote:

They might've gotten rid of lives, but left 1UP's in for the nostalgia.
Just the noise and everything every time you reach 100 coins. We never actually saw in the video, Mario's lives go up 1, so you never know!

You know it could be on the bottom screen....xD

emaan

@Eureka, I know but....yeaahhh I don't know

@Retro, I'm actually really glad this game is daring to try something different. That's not what I would have expected from a New Super Mario Bros. game.

Edited on by emaan

ديسكو الحب

grumblebuzzz

The more I hear about it, the more I'm warming up to it. I like that there's 2 player co-op in the main adventure and I like that the million coins thing has been implemented. Still yet, though, I hope they give it a new soundtrack and mix the worlds up a bit. The E3 demo kind of disappointed in that area since it seemed so cut and paste.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Joeynator3000

I do hope Nintendo does something with the live system...would be nice to have a harder Bros. game. The Wii version did bump up the difficulty level, but man...the stupid extra lives there. xD

mamp

@grumblebuzzz
That's what I hated about the game when I saw it at E3 it just looked like it was copied and pasted. I wish the co-op would have been online, also if both players have a 3DS it sucks that the camera only follows the lead character, they should have done something like after one player reaches the pole the other player has 30 seconds to get there (kinda like Mario Kart online)

grumblebuzzz

Eureka wrote:

I do hope Nintendo does something with the live system...would be nice to have a harder Bros. game. The Wii version did bump up the difficulty level, but man...the stupid extra lives there. xD

[/div]

I kind of feel like NSMB2 will actually be a harder game. I just get that vibe from it. It seems very SMB: The Lost Levels in the screens we've seen. As far as all the extra lives, it really doesn't matter. Games like Rayman Origins and Little Big Planet have proven that you can have infinite lives and still be cursing and throwing your controller.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz

mamp wrote:

@grumblebuzzz
That's what I hated about the game when I saw it at E3 it just looked like it was copied and pasted. I wish the co-op would have been online, also if both players have a 3DS it sucks that the camera only follows the lead character, they should have done something like after one player reaches the pole the other player has 30 seconds to get there (kinda like Mario Kart online)

I agree. They could have made the co-op online but I also agree with their standpoint that NSMB co-op requires you to talk to people to tell them what to do and what you're going to do. They could have implemented voice chat, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. lol. They might get to that level in Mario games around the time of the Wii U 2 if we're lucky.

GamecubeMan

I have 2 say..... I not liking the coin thing. I can see Nintendo giving you a live for every 100 coins you get. They almost have to do that. They've set a standard to get something special when you do this.( Super Mario Bros. - earn a life, Super Mario 64 - get a star, Super Mario Sunshine - get a shine sprite,etc) Why wouldn't they do this with this title? This would end up making the game boring and too easy!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Djrr-ific

Btw, did anyone notice the "Nintendo Network" logo on the box art? Does that mean there's some form of online? (:

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

skywake

I hope there's download play for the co-op mode......

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

mamp

I have a feeling maybe something like putting up scores since now people can get thousands of coins.
@grumblebuzzz you can't communicate with people on RE revelations or the Mercenaries yet somehow people manage just fine IDK I feel like either they were too lazy, or they rushed this game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic