3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,181. Posted:

Cheaters? I'm guessing that most of the people that use that suit are small children or gaming novices.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,182. Posted:

So I finally got that 3rd coin on 1-A. >:0

Does this game give you any indication you got all the star coins in the world? Like in NSMB on the bottom screen?
If there is, I don't know what I'm missing.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,183. Posted:

It notifies you when you get all the star coins in the game, but I never saw any indicator for the worlds.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,184. Posted:

iphys wrote:

Cheaters? I'm guessing that most of the people that use that suit are small children or gaming novices.

Small children shouldn't even be playing this game if they can't get past the first level. Final level? Fine.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,185. Posted:

I do not understand the elitist attitude some people have regarding that suit. It's a videogame. Many people play videogames to have fun. Why should you berate someone for enjoying the game their way? It's pathetic.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,186. Posted:

wobee wrote:

I do not understand the elitist attitude some people have regarding that suit. It's a videogame. Many people play videogames to have fun. Why should you berate someone for enjoying the game their way? It's pathetic.

Because remember when the original SMB came out? It had nothing of the sort. Instead levels and secrets of all kinds that would let different kinds of players do what they want. If you were a secret finder, you can find all of the warp zones. If you want a challenge, you play the levels. It's just the White raccoon suit ruins that aspect as you can just blaze through everything without dying in any way (Except pits, Lava and Walls). That's why I'm glad that the NA version forces you to go to the secret exits normally in order to proceed.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,187. Posted:

want some dlc, its eoither the dlc comes out on all counterys at the same time out annouced every where at the same time.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

K964

1,188. Posted:

What DLC are you guys hoping for? I really want something nostalgic, like a pack of 1-1's or final bosses (imagine the clown car flying into the screen with the added 3D effect!).

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,189. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Because remember when the original SMB came out? It had nothing of the sort. Instead levels and secrets of all kinds that would let different kinds of players do what they want. If you were a secret finder, you can find all of the warp zones. If you want a challenge, you play the levels. It's just the White raccoon suit ruins that aspect as you can just blaze through everything without dying in any way (Except pits, Lava and Walls). That's why I'm glad that the NA version forces you to go to the secret exits normally in order to proceed.

The suit doesn't ruin a single thing. You can happily ignore it, and that's even if you die enough times for it to appear. No one says you have to use it. Your gaming is is no way affected.

Meanwhile, not everyone in the world is looking at a game for a challenge, or are as good at platformers as you are. What Nintendo have done by adding the suit is absolute genius. It gives people a chance to see the entire game. If one level absolutely trumps them, they have an option to get by it.

Nothing is 'ruined' by the addition of the suit, because once again, it doesn't need to affect you. You have no reason to insult anyone that uses it, as we all game for very different reasons.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

1,190. Posted:

I like the inclusion of the suit. I don't use it, but it increases the game's audience and helps it appeal to less skilled gamers. I personally am too skilled at platformers to need it though.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,191. Posted:

I play Mario games for fun and for a challenge. However, I won't complain about a feature such as the White Tanooki suit that makes it a more enjoyable experience for less advanced players.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,192. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

iphys wrote:

Small children shouldn't even be playing this game if they can't get past the first level. Final level? Fine.

Really? Because I remember helping my little brother and sister play SMB back in the day when they couldn't get past the first level without assistance or direction. The only thing the White Tanooki Suit is doing is helping those kids get past obstacles instead of leaving them to the goombas or at the mercy of an older sibling. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. No one's forcing you to do so.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,193. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

iphys wrote:

Really? Because I remember helping my little brother and sister play SMB back in the day when they couldn't get past the first level without assistance or direction. The only thing the White Tanooki Suit is doing is helping those kids get past obstacles instead of leaving them to the goombas or at the mercy of an older sibling. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. No one's forcing you to do so.

I think there's a bit of difference between SMB and NSMB2 in difficulty though. Nintendo compromised the general difficulty of the game as well as adding an item that basically finished a level for you if you were having troubles. Seeing as neither was necessary or called for by a majority of the fans - it's a bit much. I know it's an optional item but adding it degrades the game and any feeling of accomplishment that someone who plays it might get, even someone who ends up using it. A minority of players might find it to be a good addition, but even though it's an optional item it removes any skill necessary and still affects the game even for those who never pick up the item.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,194. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

I know it's an optional item but adding it degrades the game and any feeling of accomplishment that someone who plays it might get, even someone who ends up using it.

Says you. My friends six year was happy as heck when he beat the level using the white raccoon tail after trying so many times to beat it. Nintendo wanted to make the game enjoyable to all players. If you don't want to use it than dont but don't degrade anyone who does. After all you play the game how you like someone else plays the game they like.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,195. Posted:

We're still debating whether or not a Super Guide is worth putting into a Super Mario game? Didn't we settle this like 3 years ago when NSMBWii came out?

I will say this, though: At least the appearance of the White Tanooki Suit won't get rid of your Sparkling Stars like it did in SM3DL. I guess that may give me a reason to return to SM3DL one day for something other than StreetPass Boxes, though...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,196. Posted:

But I mean, I liked the super guide a lot, so why replace it with a suit? I remember when I was 5 I got Super Mario advance and spent 60 HOURS or so playing the game trying to beat it, all because I was stuck on this one level in world 7. But I had fun doing it, and it prolonged the game for me. It's just IMO the suit takes away that "try again feeling." It's like making Ryu never die in Ninja Gaiden, one of the hardest games ever.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,197. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk I agree with this, to an extent. While I'm the kind of person who unlocks everything in brawl without a hammer, I can see how someone might need one so they can just move on. I can see where you're both coming from though. :3
But on topic, collecting all these coins is a pain! @_@

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Burning_Spear

1,198. Posted:

I can't see where anyone has said this yet, but the thing that irritates me the most is that the platforming is simple. The challenge, for me at least, is running around looking for hidden coins and secret exits. Frankly, I put the game down for about a week because I was sick of the scavenger-hunt mentality. The older Mario games are much better platformers, IMO.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage

wiggler

1,199. Posted:

Burning_Spear wrote:

I can't see where anyone has said this yet, but the thing that irritates me the most is that the platforming is simple. The challenge, for me at least, is running around looking for hidden coins and secret exits. Frankly, I put the game down for about a week because I was sick of the scavenger-hunt mentality. The older Mario games are much better platformers, IMO.

I did notice that too. I remember playing Super Mario Bros. 3 and World and always being alert when there were enemies around me and always jumping with precision. Not saying I never did that with this game, but it was much more easier and chill. So most the time I was only truly challenged to go on a hunt to find star coins and hidden paths. Not a bad game, in fact I had fun playing it, it's just not up to the quality of the original 2D platformers. But Nintendo wasn't really trying to do that here anyways.

wiggler

AuthorMessage

-KwB-

1,200. Posted:

Hey can anyone help me ?
I'm trying to play multiplayer on New Super Mario Bros. 2 and it takes ages to find someone (I still haven't found anyone through the Wi-Fi Network) !!
Does anybody else have this problem ??
Thanks for the reply !!!

-KwB-
3DS FC: 5284-1639-7776
Currently - MARIO KART 8
Wii U: NES Rmx 1&2, Mario 3D World, Zelda WW, Scramkitty, PullBlox World, Metroid Fusion, DKTF O..O
3DS: Metroid 2 Return of Samus, FallBlox, Resident Evil Revelations, Starfox 64 3D
Soon: FE: A, Deus EX, Kirby Triple Deluxe