3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,508

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,121. Posted:

MattEriks wrote:

how is the save system? I hated the save system in NSMB ds.

[/div]

Sadly, the exact same way. Which is really annoying.
EDIT: Really? You can quick save? How?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,122. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

MattEriks wrote:

how is the save system? I hated the save system in NSMB ds.

Sadly, the exact same way. Which is really annoying.
EDIT: Really? You can quick save? How?

When you're on the main menu (overworld) - press start and select quicksave instead of quit.
This isnt an RPG Nintendo! There is absolutely no reason for there to be a quicksave option!
WHY DOESNT IT JUST AUTO-SAVE?!
cough
Anyway...

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,123. Posted:

Hello? Star coin save trick?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,124. Posted:

Limiting the perma-save system is pointless with lives being thrown at you the way they are. The game should definitely be auto-saving after you beat a level like 3D Land does.

@TheDreamingHawk There's no point in using star coins just to save; you need 90 of them to unlock one of the worlds, and if you really need to turn the game off for some reason a quick save will serve just fine.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Hokori

1,125. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Limiting the perma-save system is pointless with lives being thrown at you the way they are. The game should definitely be auto-saving after you beat a level like 3D Land does.

@TheDreamingHawk There's no point in using star coins just to save; you need 90 of them to unlock one of the worlds, and if you really need to turn the game off for some reason a quick save will serve just fine.

But they give you enough star coins in the game to begin with, you need to spend them all anyway, so why not spend them and save at the same time? Plus the star world, you don't collect star coins so it's not like your going to spend them on the wrong thing, also this whole saving up for 90 coins begs the question on to why people think this game is too easy if they just save up for the 90 coins rather try to collect all of them?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,126. Posted:

All right, I've gotten all the star and moon coins, unlocked every course and alternate path, capped my lives and completed the 30,000 coin run in coin rush. I have 5 sparkling coins next to my profile. The only thing left to do is get a million coins.

By the way, does anyone know what moon coins actually do other than just be there to collect? I mean, at least star coins unlocked pathways.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,127. Posted:

They're just star coins that can't be used for anything, since they're in the last world anyway. Nothing more.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,128. Posted:

It would've been nice if they were like...worth ten coins or something at least. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,129. Posted:

So there's no point to the moon coins? I smell rushed, unfinished ideas.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,130. Posted:

Wow. I think it would be neat if they unlocked some kind of costume or something. (Yellow and purple overalls...)

Or unlocked Wario! But I think the yellow and purple overalls thing would have been more realistic to expect from Nintendo.

Too bad it didn't happen anyway.

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

1,131. Posted:

If I recall correctly, collecting all of the moon coins unlocks one of the profile stars.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,132. Posted:

Me, being the intense anti-Nintendo fanboy I am, just finished my review to this game. Scored it the same as NintendoLife.

Conclusion: NintendoLife is anti-Nintendo fanboy website.

Welcome to Sonylife.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

1,133. Posted:

Typical post from Choco.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,134. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Me, being the intense anti-Nintendo fanboy I am, just finished my review to this game. Scored it the same as NintendoLife.

Welcome to Sonylife.

What the hell are you talking about...
If you're anti-Nintendo what are you doing on this site?
If you score a game 9/10 when you hate Nintendo - they're obviously doing something very right.
The link to Pushsquare is down there. Cya.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,135. Posted:

Ecto-1 wrote:

If I recall correctly, collecting all of the moon coins unlocks one of the profile stars.

That's just it, though. A pointless star, no actual reward.

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,136. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Welcome to Sonylife.

[/div]

What the hell are you talking about...
If you're anti-Nintendo what are you doing on this site?
If you score a game 9/10 when you hate Nintendo - they're obviously doing something very right.
The link to Pushsquare is down there. Cya.

The 9 he scored it with is for the general audience,
his personal score however would probably be about a 2. :p

Even though i'm not the biggest fan of the samo samo NSMB series, NSMB2 still looks
like a winner. Can't knock the series in the platforming/level design and control department. It's fantastic stuff. ;)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,137. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Wow. I think it would be neat if they unlocked some kind of costume or something. (Yellow and purple overalls...)

Or unlocked Wario! But I think the yellow and purple overalls thing would have been more realistic to expect from Nintendo.

Too bad it didn't happen anyway.

You know Wario stars in games with TREASURES Not just gold, right? So it isn't a bad thing that he isn't in this game.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,138. Posted:

I'm I the only one who was a little sad when going through world 4 and not getting to have a Penguin Suit?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,139. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Ecto-1 wrote:

[/div]

That's just it, though. A pointless star, no actual reward.

Though I love your idea of it unlocking a Wario costume, is it really so bad not to have a reward? Playing games is about the experience, not about the end result.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,140. Posted:

When does anyone think the DLC levels will start popping up? Reggie had said that the developers hadn't been making them yet, but I think they are now that the game has been out for more than a week. I wonder what they'll look like?

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan