3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,515

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,081. Posted:

Beat it! Final boss was kind of annoying, but overall the game has been a lot of fun. Lookin' forward to the complete-athon now~

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

1,082. Posted:

Finished the 6th world yesterday, and finished the last special world today.
Great game...again like everyone seems to say, pretty much more of the same as previous New SMB games.
I think it would help, if the games at least looked, and sounded somewhat different.

Look at the first 3 Super Mario Bros games (not so much with what's known as 'lost levels' over here), and Super Mario World.

You have 1. Completely original game. Start of a legendary video game series.
2. (the one with Wart in it). Many differences then 1, and it had 4 unique characters to choose from (something I really wish they would being back).
3. Major improvements where made here. Another new look, new music.
Super Mario World. Yeah. Similiar gameplay again, but yet, has a new feel to it. Yoshi was brand new. New concepts. A world map that isn't straight forward.

I the New Super Mario Bros series really is great, but they are all way too much alike. I really hope they at least change it up a little more with the Wii U game...it's looking great honestly, but I just want it to actually be more remembered for it's own originality, and look, like so many of the old ones are.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

1,083. Posted:

I found the Ghost House in world 6 real easy.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,084. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Beat it! Final boss was kind of annoying, but overall the game has been a lot of fun. Lookin' forward to the complete-athon now~

Not as bad as the Wii's finale though...though I'm talking about difficulty or whatever. I just remembered dying ten bazillion times on the Wii's battle.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,085. Posted:

World 5's castle gave me some frustration at times. I'm now in World 6 and I just ran out of time in the ghost house. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,086. Posted:

I feel as though I need to post today's bitf strip. :3
Untitled

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

I-U

1,087. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Great game...again like everyone seems to say, pretty much more of the same as previous New SMB games.
I think it would help, if the games at least looked, and sounded somewhat different.

New Super Mario Brothers 2 feels different from previous NSMB experiences with its coin theme. I mean I have never felt so encouraged to race through the levels and slowdown to explore levels for multiple routes as I have with this entry, where as in the rest of the series it was just about beating levels and defeating Bowser to save Peach. The one million coin goal really opened up this game and made it very rewarding. What was the reward for completing a level in the prior entries? It was moving onto the next. This game rewards with each coin collected, and each level has a volume of coins to snag. I also believe there were quite a few instances where the game worked with a new interpretation of its themes, with the cannon levels and Star-1 sticking out. Personally, I felt the game sounded different enough from the previous two titles, though I have pretty much forgotten most of NSMB Wii so that may be why.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

LittleKing

1,088. Posted:

Anyone else notice that there's a secret path of flying koopa paratroopas in W5-6? After defeating the koopas at the start of the level, do a triple jump off the ledge and flutter as raccoon Mario until you reach the first one, and if you're going fast enough, you should gain enough height from stomping on it to reach the next koopa. I stomped on the first two or three, but lost my suit and died when I hit some spikes. Anyone know what's at the end? I googled around, but it's not in any alternate exit guide and I have all 3 star coins for the level, leaving me stumped as to what could be at the end. I guess someone could use White Raccoon Mario to get to the end without having to worry about the spikes.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,089. Posted:

@Metabble_king got near the exit about halfway up in the sky, and I noticed some coins in a straight line, similar to how they do when a pipe drops you out of the sky.
Edit: Never mind. There was just another paratroopa, and then the coins led down. (for the record, I did not use white raccoon, just an invincibility star and a normal raccoon. Imma gonna have shiny stars forever! :D)

Edited on by Maskeraid

My Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

LittleKing

1,090. Posted:

Maybe there's a pipe there, then? It's not a star, alternate exit or star coin, so what could be at the end? I keep dieing after the first few koopas, either from hitting the spikes or not getting the altitude and velocity to reach the next one. :(

EDIT: So... there's nothing? Wow. Nintendo is trolling us. Seriously. Why put a random string of Koopa's up in the sky surrounded by spikes that lead NOWHERE? ;_;

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,091. Posted:

The world coin total has now hit 50,000,000,000 (50 billion)

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

iphys

1,092. Posted:

Hmm, I was hoping these SpotPass notifications would be a little more exciting, but they're not really.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,093. Posted:

never felt so encouraged to race through the levels and slowdown to explore levels for multiple routes as I have with this entry

Agreed. The coin mechanism got very easily dismissed by lots of reviewers but they got it wrong and Nintendo, as always, got it right. It adds an extra level of motivation, new goals to achieve and a sense of competition.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,094. Posted:

Beat the game a while ago. I'm aiming for all 5 profile stars - but without looking up guides or help for secret exits, star coins etc. Mario newbies might need them - but I'll be finding them myself. ;)

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

catsrnice

1,095. Posted:

Does anyone have any cash cow tips? I found a pretty big one on world 2-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VwYq7a2izY&feature=youtu.be
got me 7000 in one try. THough coin rush is where its at. my high score is like 11000

catsrnice

AuthorMessage

Xilef

1,096. Posted:

Beat the game yesterday. I think it's awesome! The graphics and music is pretty much the same as in the other games, true. However in terms of level design this game really tries some new things.

It seems that the noly reason people are not liking this is because of the graphics and music. I bet if they made this game in 16 bit graphics everybody would hail it as the best and most innovative Mario game in years.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

1,097. Posted:

mario 2d side scroller should be 2d nor 2.5 d

so bring back the sprites

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,098. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

Beat the game yesterday. I think it's awesome! The graphics and music is pretty much the same as in the other games, true. However in terms of level design this game really tries some new things.

It seems that the noly reason people are not liking this is because of the graphics and music. I bet if they made this game in 16 bit graphics everybody would hail it as the best and most innovative Mario game in years.

We're just wishing they would change the theme already, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,099. Posted:

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

mario 2d side scroller should be 2d nor 2.5 d

so bring back the sprites

2D does not equate to sprites.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,100. Posted:

@Geonjaha 1000 Mario points to you, if you can accomplish this feat. It's worth it!

My Maskloggery