WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Me, being the intense anti-Nintendo fanboy I am, just finished my review to this game. Scored it the same as NintendoLife.

Conclusion: NintendoLife is anti-Nintendo fanboy website.

Welcome to Sonylife.

[/div]

What the hell are you talking about...
If you're anti-Nintendo what are you doing on this site?
If you score a game 9/10 when you hate Nintendo - they're obviously doing something very right.
The link to Pushsquare is down there. Cya.

I'm too lazy to go and find a facepalm image but.. Facepalm

grumblebuzzz

Having now spent significant time with Mario's newest "New" adventure — I have 225,000 coins and have completed 2 save files 100% and working on my 3rd — I have some good and bad things to say about my experience.

We'll start with the good here: I have enjoyed the coin gimmick. Something about that little ticker that counts every single piece of gold I collect in the game is awesome. Sure, you can't spend them on anything and everyone by now has spoiled the fact that you only get a new title screen for collecting a million but I WANT that title screen! BAD.(end spoils) And aiding me in my coin-grabbing bonanza to unlock it has been the golden flower, a power-up which I've loved. There's something amazingly satisfying about being able to rip through a stage and make everything around you explode into cold, hard cash.

Now we'll talk about what I consider to the the biggest down point: The things that were taken out from the previous game. I played through the first world of NSMBW today just to kind of compare the two and it's astounding the amount of things that were left out of NSMB2 that made the Wii version so great. For example, in NSMBW, enemies roam the map in each world, threatening to throw you into an mini-endurance round at every turn; the maps in NSMB2 are barren aside from the occasional flying coin block. Another thing that was erroneously dropped between games were the toad rescue challenges that squeezed tons of replayability into each world. They could have used both of those sidebar opportunities to shower you in coins and make the long trek to a million more interesting, but instead they just left them out for no good reason.

Bottom line: Have I enjoyed NSMB2? Sure, it's been fun and there have been a few small ideas scattered about that I've found brilliant. Could the game have been more? Yes, it definitely could have, because we have proof of that in the previous one.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

TeeJay

wobee wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

"Ecto-1" wrote:

If I recall correctly, collecting all of the moon coins unlocks one of the profile stars.

[/div]

That's just it, though. A pointless star, no actual reward.

Though I love your idea of it unlocking a Wario costume, is it really so bad not to have a reward? Playing games is about the experience, not about the end result.

Would have been nice to to get something other than a "Wow, you actually did it...um...good for you!" though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Geonjaha

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

"OlympicCho" wrote:

Me, being the intense anti-Nintendo fanboy I am, just finished my review to this game. Scored it the same as NintendoLife.

Welcome to Sonylife.

What the hell are you talking about...If you're anti-Nintendo what are you doing on this site?If you score a game 9/10 when you hate Nintendo - they're obviously doing something very right.The link to Pushsquare is down there. Cya.

Despite what you may think - you dont show sarcasm very well through text on the internet.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

moomoo

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

"OlympicCho" wrote:

Welcome to Sonylife.

What the hell are you talking about...If you're anti-Nintendo what are you doing on this site?If you score a game 9/10 when you hate Nintendo - they're obviously doing something very right.The link to Pushsquare is down there. Cya.

Despite what you may think - you dont show sarcasm very well through text on the internet.

Hmm, that's odd. I saw it very clearly as sarcasm. I think you're the only one who didn't get it man.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

sugarpixel

I may just be stupid and missing something obvious, but there is just one level I have yet to unlock, and that is the World 2 Cannon. I've found all of the other secret exits just fine, but I just can't seem to find the one in the World 2 ghost house. Does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just figured it out! And I guess it wasn't a cannon after all, I just assumed it would be one.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Eel

Well, it may be just me being bad at platformers, but this game is actually quite hard! (at least harder than NSMB and SM3DL).
Getting all the big coins is proving to be a fun challange!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheKingOfTown

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

"OlympicCho" wrote:

Welcome to Sonylife.

I thought it was pretty obvious.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

iphys

I just streetpassed a guy that I know works at EB Games. His coin rush starts with 2-4, so obviously it's probably a really good score. I missed the first flag pole, but kept playing it anyway, and wound up with a lousy 14,000 expecting to lose. Turned out he only had 2000 coins, because he played with white raccoon Mario, lol. I wish I could see the expression on his face when he gets to the end of my 2-4 coin rush (with his white raccoon Mario no doubt) and sees my score.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Snagrio

iphys wrote:

I just streetpassed a guy that I know works at EB Games. His coin rush starts with 2-4, so obviously it's probably a really good score. I missed the first flag pole, but kept playing it anyway, and wound up with a lousy 14,000 expecting to lose. Turned out he only had 2000 coins, because he played with white raccoon Mario, lol. I wish I could see the expression on his face when he gets to the end of my 2-4 coin rush (with his white raccoon Mario no doubt) and sees my score.

Haha, well done. I've only tried Coin Rush a couple times, and kinda sucked at it. But I'll get into it more once I complete the main mode, which I'm also taking my time with to make it last since it's the last game I will have bought for myself this year (barring possible games I could get for Christmas).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tasuki

Ok I might have missed this somewhere but how come when I finish a level sometimes a winged gold brick appears flying over the level on the world map.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

Geonjaha wrote:

waltz's joke

your head
:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

WingedFish wrote:

I'm I the only one who was a little sad when going through world 4 and not getting to have a Penguin Suit?

Maybe, but I for one am glad that there is no penguin suit in this one. That was one of the deal breakers for me for NSMBW. However I do wish they would have brought back the ice flower.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iphys

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I might have missed this somewhere but how come when I finish a level sometimes a winged gold brick appears flying over the level on the world map.

I've wondered this myself. It seems to be more probable after playing a stage where I earn a lot of coins, so I don't know if it's like every x coins you earn it appears or what causes it to appear exactly.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Burning_Spear

Has anyone been able to beat all of the blue-coin challenges? I'm on one particularly difficult one, and I'm wondering if it's even possible.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Katernity

@emaan I couldn't agree with you more. I would have loved to see some elements from NES Super Mario Bros. 2 thrown in for fun.

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938
Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms

e-love

I can't find the last Star Coin on World 1-A for the life of me. I've gone through the level probably 10 times now. Any help?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.