3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,508

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,021. Posted:

OMG did world 3 suck. Usually I dont mind swimming levels in Mario games but for some reason it felt like I was swimming in molasses. Man did I miss the frog suit in that world. Definitely going to have to go back and do that world again I missed so many coins and so many star coins but I just wanted to get outta of that world. I must have lost about 20 lives in that world. Now it onto World 4 not sure if I should be afraid of that one yet.

Oh and I have to ask when I beat one of the levels the original Mario Bros end level music played and fireworks went off just like in the original. Afterwards a bonus level with a rainbow appeared on the map at the starting point of the world. Is that some random thing or is there a way to trigger it to happen?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

1,022. Posted:

Wow, this game was a really pleasant surprise, definetly my favorite in the series and that's saying something since I played the snot out of the first two (including maxing out my score on NSMB) :)

@Tasuki Minor Spoilers- That's a bonus level you can play, would definetly recommend doing it as you can get a lot of Coins there and maybe even a Gold Flower. You have to trigger them by getting certain numbers twice in a row at the end of your time- for example, 1*66* or 0*11*. I'm not sure which numbers work but I know 1 and 6 so far. It may even be all of them.

Edited on by Drawdler

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RupeeClock

1,023. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

@Tasuki Minor Spoilers- That's a bonus level you can play, would definetly recommend doing it as you can get a lot of Coins there and maybe even a Gold Flower. You have to trigger them by getting certain numbers twice in a row at the end of your time- for example, 1*66* or 0*11*. I'm not sure which numbers work but I know 1 and 6 so far. It may even be all of them.

The double numbers you need correspond to the world you're playing.
World 1 needs you to finish with 11, World 2 needs 22, and so on.
World Mushroom, Flower and Star are worlds 7, 8 and 9 respectively so they need 77, 88 or 99 seconds on the clock.

RupeeClock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

1,024. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

where is Bowser jr?

I've wondered that too. I was expecting him to come out in the open toward the end of the game, but it didn't happen. It's a strange twist because he was technically the main villain of NSMB and the leader of the Koopalings in NSMBW.

Whatever, I like the Koopalings more.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,025. Posted:

@Nibelilt: Ah ok thank for the explanation.

NintyFan wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

where is Bowser jr?

I've wondered that too. I was expecting him to come out in the open toward the end of the game, but it didn't happen. It's a strange twist because he was technically the main villain of NSMB and the leader of the Koopalings in NSMBW.

Whatever, I like the Koopalings more.

I agree I always thought the Koopalings had more personality than Bowser Jr. But maybe thats the retro SMB3 loving part of me talking. I was kinda disappointed that we didnt see them since SMW and was excited to see them return in NSMBW in fact that was one reason I bought it. And as I said before I am really enjoying the Koopalings fights in this game.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

1,026. Posted:

Shiny 5 star profile! And I forgot there was a pocket function the entire game, because I had a gold flower since world 1... Now for the million...

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,027. Posted:

RupeeClock wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

@Tasuki Minor Spoilers- That's a bonus level you can play, would definetly recommend doing it as you can get a lot of Coins there and maybe even a Gold Flower. You have to trigger them by getting certain numbers twice in a row at the end of your time- for example, 1*66* or 0*11*. I'm not sure which numbers work but I know 1 and 6 so far. It may even be all of them.

[/div]

[/div]

The double numbers you need correspond to the world you're playing.
World 1 needs you to finish with 11, World 2 needs 22, and so on.
World Mushroom, Flower and Star are worlds 7, 8 and 9 respectively so they need 77, 88 or 99 seconds on the clock.

[/div]

I thought it had to do with your current coin count...
Like, you had 53 coins so the timer has to be like 133 or something.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rococoman

1,028. Posted:

@Tasuki I hear you about the water levels. Is it just me, or do they seem waaaaay slower in this game? I also feel like there's a ton of them, and they're just terribly boring. They are a bit more fun with a gold flower, but you can't guarantee that this will happen, so they just end up being a chore. While I think this game is better than the original (but not Wii), I think the water levels of the original were a lot better.

Rococoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

1,029. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

And as I said before I am really enjoying the Koopalings fights in this game.

After New Super Mario Brothers Wii, knowing the Koopalings were returning for this game did make me feel disappointed before release, but actually experiencing how the Koopalings have been handled in New Super Mario Brothers 2 I love that they are present. I especially enjoy their handling in the World 6 and World Star castles, and during the credit sequence.

I may be in the minority, but I also really enjoy the game's water levels.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

1,030. Posted:

I usually hate water levels in Mario, in this game they felt alright. I got jipped on my favorite Forest Levels though... more water.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

1,031. Posted:

I really wish the ghost houses would die. There were some really good ones in SMW, but the NSMB games (even 3D Land) have done a terrible job with them and they always end up being more annoying than fun. Also hate the auto-moving-screen levels. Let me go at my own pace, dammit.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,032. Posted:

It makes the game challenging, lol. Ghost houses were fun and confusing...we need some difficulty here and there sheesh. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

1,033. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

It makes the game challenging, lol. Ghost houses were fun and confusing...we need some difficulty here and there sheesh. xD

Agreed, I actually thought the ghost houses in this game were rather easy until the one in World 6.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,034. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I really wish the ghost houses would die. There were some really good ones in SMW, but the NSMB games (even 3D Land) have done a terrible job with them and they always end up being more annoying than fun. Also hate the auto-moving-screen levels. Let me go at my own pace, dammit.

So agree with you there. And yes that how I pretty much feel about those auto moving levels too. God I hate them.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

1,035. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Eureka wrote:

It makes the game challenging, lol. Ghost houses were fun and confusing...we need some difficulty here and there sheesh. xD

Agreed, I actually thought the ghost houses in this game were rather easy until the one in World 6.

They're not difficult to beat, they're just annoying and not really fun. They've also gotten ridiculously predictable – "Oh no, this door is a fake! Oh no, this platform is going to behave weirdly! Yikes, moving walls!"

I love the rest of the game though. Very happy with it overall. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

1,036. Posted:

You know what would have been a better million-coin reward? Getting some optional yellow and purple overalls instead. ;)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

1,037. Posted:

I-U wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

And as I said before I am really enjoying the Koopalings fights in this game.

[/div]

After New Super Mario Brothers Wii, knowing the Koopalings were returning for this game did make me feel disappointed before release, but actually experiencing how the Koopalings have been handled in New Super Mario Brothers 2 I love that they are present. I especially enjoy their handling in the World 6 and World Star castles, and during the credit sequence.

I may be in the minority, but I also really enjoy the game's water levels.

Agreed with this. World 3 is probably actually my favorite so far, I really loved the levels and the boss fight is epic.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

1,038. Posted:

I've liked the water levels so far too. They seem a bit more interesting than in the other games.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

1,039. Posted:

Having 100%'ed the game now, here's where I think it ranks: Better (and more difficult) than NSMB DS, but not quite as good (or difficult) as NSMBW. It's a nice handheld experience though and I've enjoyed it so far. Now to keep on collecting those coins! 850,000 to go!

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

1,040. Posted:

I just played with a friend, I had digital and he had retail, no lag at all. Not one bit.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX