3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

101. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

Does anyone else notice that the music is EXACTLY the same as New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Seriously Nintendo. I was just now getting excited for this game, but now I notice that both the main theme and desert overworld are the same. Does this mean the whole soundtrack is just copied and pasted from the Wii game? I don't know. Call me weird, but I look forward to new music whenever a new Nintendo game comes out, because they all have a high standard. Guess this game isn't so "New" after all. :|

[/div]

This is another problem I'm having as well. Same visual asthetics and worlds aside(sigh*) the music seemed 'exactly' the same with a slightly different rendition.....How original. NSMB, NSMB Wii, NSMB 2 and NSMB Wii U take place in the same universe with minor changes along the way. I just wish Nintendo would change it up. At least with the Wii U they're going all out with the gorgeous looking backgrounds hehe.

Complaining aside, there's no doubt it's going to be great. It's just i wish Nintendo would drop the NSMB series and create an original Mario side scroller, something that sets it apart from the others the way 1,2,3 and World did. Those were completely different from each other in every way imaginable.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

102. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

This might be the first Mario platformer, 2D or 3D, in the history of the entire franchise that I won't be picking up. So totally recycled and copied-and-pasted. Hearing that exact same NSMBW music at the 3DS conference and seeing that World 2 is, for the third time now, a desert kind of sealed the game's already dangling fate in my eyes as a half-cooked also-ran of a game. I predict that this will be the first ever Mario game to get mediocre reviews.

[/div]

I completely agree! Actually i felt this exact same way the day NSMB Wii was revealed at E3. it's a shame, considering underrated titles like Wario Land Shake it completey blew it out of the water visually and creativity wise and that was released a year earlier. :p

The NSMB series > Recycled, lazy, cut and paste, unoriginal, milking, dejavu to the extreme, reusing the same music, SFX and worlds ect ect leaves a complete sour parakoopa taste in my mouth. :p BUT, i have to admit...NSMBWii U's beautiful & wonderful backdrops that are actually full of variety breath new life into the worlds and give off a new fresh feel which has me very excited. Plus playing a mario game in HD for the first time with true widescreen is the extreme bodacious killer Icing on the Fry Guy Cake. :D Not to mention it's a Launch title....Which takes me back to the days of NES & SNES days when stuff like this was essential. And that squirrel suit gives mario his retro Brown & red SMB1 overalls which blasts back to the days of Old. I'm lovin' it personally.

But after this, i hope the NSMB franchise dies....We don't NEED anymore, hand over 2D mario to GoodFeel and let them cook up an original masterpiece, they should be the ones to creat a spiritual successor to SMB2!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

GreenDream

103. Posted:

I'm still confused as to why NSMB2 isn't more like it's DS ancestor, and less like it's Wii ancestor...

3DS Friend Code: Jade2012, 5241-1951-1094

When the cat meows at you, you don't understand. But when you meow at the cat, the cat meows back!

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

104. Posted:

So, what do you guys and gals think and/or hope will be the reward for reaching (Dr. Evil) ONE MEEELION coins? I'm hoping for an old game unlock. I'd say it could be SMB 3, but Nintendo would lose out on future SMB 3 3DS VC sales that way. Old arcade Mario Bros.? All right, your turn. :)

@GreenDream
On a side note, love your signature. So true! :) I talk with my cats and dogs all the time! :D

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

105. Posted:

You unlock Wario as a playable character.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

106. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Source please, or are you just making a prediction?

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

107. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

[/div]

Source please, or are you just making a prediction?

Sorry, I was just playing along with FlutterShyGuy, although I truly wish it was the case.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Terave

108. Posted:

This game doesn't attract me in any kind of way. Mario is going for the gold? He is already doing that on the Olympic Games in London (well, that game isn't really a lot better). But the idea to collect as many coins as you can feels more like Wario. Oh, and the lives? Overkill.
But that's not it, it's just that this game doesn't appeal me, even though there is Mario on it. Besides, 2 new New Super Mario Bros titles with only little space between... Yep, there is the overkill again.

Don't get me wrong, it might be a nice game to play, bit it just doesn't do a lot to me.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

109. Posted:

sigh Heading out...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

RR529

110. Posted:

I think the aspect of collecting a million coins might prove more interesting than some of you think (yes, there are a lot of coins in the game, but a million is a BIG number).

Also, it looks more difficult than the DS NSMB at least (I've noticed a lot more moving/tilting platforms than usual).

To end my post. Come on, it has freakin' Renzor!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

111. Posted:

I'm not too impressed with the downloadable E3 trailer. It looked too grainy. Watching New Super Mario Bros. U on the 3DS through the eShop was better. However, the final product always has better quality than its trailers.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Emaan

112. Posted:

@NintyFan, that's why I never download the eShop trailers, they're never anything special. It should look nice in sharp in the final version. :)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

113. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

@NintyFan, that's why I never download the eShop trailers, they're never anything special. It should look nice in sharp in the final version. :)

The 3D effect is great in the Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion trailers. Seems like more of a case of this game just being rushed out. :P

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

114. Posted:

Oh, really? Well I guess that's good news. Yeah I noticed the New Super Mario Bros. 2 eShop logo was pixelated, I was like REALLY Nintendo -.-

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

115. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

Dark Moon seemed to look fine for me. :p
This game's trailer though, looked meh, didn't give me much of the 3D effect.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

116. Posted:

This game used stopgap music from the Wii version. It's not the actual music for the game, just like Mario Kart 7 used the Wii music as well.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Emaan

117. Posted:

Miss_Rarity wrote:

This game used stopgap music from the Wii version. It's not the actual music for the game, just like Mario Kart 7 used the Wii music as well.

I really hope you're right.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

118. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Emaan1 wrote:

Does anyone else notice that the music is EXACTLY the same as New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Seriously Nintendo. I was just now getting excited for this game, but now I notice that both the main theme and desert overworld are the same. Does this mean the whole soundtrack is just copied and pasted from the Wii game? I don't know. Call me weird, but I look forward to new music whenever a new Nintendo game comes out, because they all have a high standard. Guess this game isn't so "New" after all. :|

[/div]

[/div]

This is another problem I'm having as well. Same visual asthetics and worlds aside(sigh*) the music seemed 'exactly' the same with a slightly different rendition.....How original. NSMB, NSMB Wii, NSMB 2 and NSMB Wii U take place in the same universe with minor changes along the way. I just wish Nintendo would change it up. At least with the Wii U they're going all out with the gorgeous looking backgrounds hehe.

Complaining aside, there's no doubt it's going to be great. It's just i wish Nintendo would drop the NSMB series and create an original Mario side scroller, something that sets it apart from the others the way 1,2,3 and World did. Those were completely different from each other in every way imaginable.

False. 1 and 2 (Japanese version) were almost identical, and World and 3 weren't THAT different from each other. NSMBWii is more different from NSMB than World is to SMB3.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

119. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

False. 1 and 2 (Japanese version) were almost identical, and World and 3 weren't THAT different from each other. NSMBWii is more different from NSMB than World is to SMB3.

[/div]

I'm not one to defend World's relative uncreativity, but the game introduced Yoshi, the spinjump, climbing fences and switching to the other side of the fence (which actually should be in this game, because the 3d could help it), multiple level exits, the Yoshi Coins and took advantage of the SNES' power to make levels twice as long. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Mario had some subtle changes in control, again helped by the power of the SNES. And beyond that it was an SNES launch title so it's kinda understandable that the first Mario game on it wouldn't be vastly different. Now, again, while NSMBWii is a great multiplayer experience, single player makes it apparent that it should have been so much better. All it changes beyond some admittedly better powerups than the DS game, is...occasionally the levels are slightly larger and...er...

yeah...

It doesn't even have the fun minigames the DS game had. Speaking of which, I honestly think Super Mario 64 DS changed more things than NSMBWii. I mean, I think a lot of the changes were bad ideas, but they at least made it different than just porting the game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

120. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

I'm not one to defend World's relative uncreativity, but the game introduced Yoshi, the spinjump, climbing fences and switching to the other side of the fence (which actually should be in this game, because the 3d could help it), multiple level exits, the Yoshi Coins and took advantage of the SNES' power to make levels twice as long. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Mario had some subtle changes in control, again helped by the power of the SNES. And beyond that it was an SNES launch title so it's kinda understandable that the first Mario game on it wouldn't be vastly different. Now, again, while NSMBWii is a great multiplayer experience, single player makes it apparent that it should have been so much better. All it changes beyond some admittedly better powerups than the DS game, is...occasionally the levels are slightly larger and...er...

NSMBWii has a lot of power ups, Yoshi, the checkpoint, multiplayer, Koopalings, the spin attack, etc. I don't think we should start a list war but NSMB and NSMBWii are far from the identical twins that people make them out to be.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast