Forums

Topic: New Spotpass Puzzle! 3DS Puzzle Swap

Posts 161 to 180 of 245

Tsuchinoko

WingedFish wrote:

The only reason I managed to finish a few puzzles with pink pieces is because one time I went to a board game convention (don't remember what it was called). But beyond that, even when I do get StreetPass, nobody ever has pink pieces.

@Tsuchinoko So in other words, if most of us want to complete our puzzles, we need to visit Japan?

Well, no, I was just responding to people saying that it was a mistake for Nintendo having the system for acquiring pink pieces be though connecting with other 3DS owners out in the real world.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Magikarp3

In Australia I can walk around the CBD in Sydney for a good hour and get anywhere between 1 and 5 streetpass hits. Oddly, every second person I meet has ~10 or so puzzles completed, so I have no idea how they do that.

On the other hand, uni's starting soon and that means walking around the CBD for 3-4 days every week. I might actually finish one of these puzzles now

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Tsuchinoko

Magikarp wrote:

In Australia I can walk around the CBD in Sydney for a good hour and get anywhere between 1 and 5 streetpass hits. Oddly, every second person I meet has ~10 or so puzzles completed, so I have no idea how they do that.

On the other hand, uni's starting soon and that means walking around the CBD for 3-4 days every week. I might actually finish one of these puzzles now

See! Even outside of Japan it depends on where you are

Klimbatize

I live in the US and have managed to complete all of my puzzles, even acquiring the pink pieces. Here are some quick tips on how I did it, and I suggest you all do the same.

Slowly drive by bus stops in the morning that have a lot of kids. I've found you increase your chances of getting someone else's 3DS near yours if you dangle candy out your car window as you pass by these stops.

Walk around schools whenever you can. Recess is a great opportunity to be super close to a bunch of youngsters who may also own a 3DS. Don't get bogged down with conversation with any of them, just slowly walk between all the playground equipment and don't leave any grain of sand unturned!

If possible, walk up and down the hallways of schools. I wear a trenchcoat because the one I own has a pocket that fits my 3DS perfectly, nice and snug.

Using these few tried-and-true techniques, you all will surely complete all of those puzzles.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Boidoh

Why does it take so long for the streetpass green light to appear. I streetpassed with my friend (no pink pieces btw) and it too, at least two minutes for the light to appear.

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

Snagrio

Krimbatize wrote:

I live in the US and have managed to complete all of my puzzles, even acquiring the pink pieces. Here are some quick tips on how I did it, and I suggest you all do the same.

Slowly drive by bus stops in the morning that have a lot of kids. I've found you increase your chances of getting someone else's 3DS near yours if you dangle candy out your car window as you pass by these stops.

Walk around schools whenever you can. Recess is a great opportunity to be super close to a bunch of youngsters who may also own a 3DS. Don't get bogged down with conversation with any of them, just slowly walk between all the playground equipment and don't leave any grain of sand unturned!

If possible, walk up and down the hallways of schools. I wear a trenchcoat because the one I own has a pocket that fits my 3DS perfectly, nice and snug.

Using these few tried-and-true techniques, you all will surely complete all of those puzzles.

For some reason these don't sound like good ideas for people over 25...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Zach777

The Brain Age puzzle isn't coming to the U.S. I e-mailed Nintendo USA and their rep said it isn't happening, sorry.

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Osui

How do i get new puzzle? I saw alot people got the Fire emblem puzzle, but I don't get it. How's it work? Do i have to complete old puzzle first ?

FC: 3110 - 4797 - 0564
Pokemon Y Safari : Ground

Looking for Sneasel Safari. Please PM ME

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4797-0564 | Twitter:

Snagrio

Intrepid wrote:

Japan- Finishing Streetpass panels hours after recieving them.
Rest of the World- Finishing Streetpass panels by the end of the system life.

Pretty much, the only exceptions being those of us lucky enough to go to various gaming conventions for more then once a year, or ever.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Klimbatize

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Krimbatize wrote:

For some reason these don't sound like good ideas for people over 25...

@Wingedfish

Yeah I agree with you. I'm 25 & graduated back in 2007 from high school the last thing I want to do is go back to school just to get streetpass hits.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

<.<
>.>
<.<

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

scrubbyscum999

The only street pass I get is from these weeaboos at school. I live in a really spread out mid size city so it kind of sucks for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Intrepid wrote:

Japan- Finishing Streetpass panels hours after recieving them.
Rest of the World- Finishing Streetpass panels by the end of the system life.

Sowwy! But then again, we in Japan never got games like VVVVVV or Night Sky, Colours 3D or Mutant Mudds. Pretty much all of those really nice looking western developed E-shop titles have passed us by.

Zach777

Brain Age Concentration Training sent out last night!

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Magikarp3

Thanks to my epic university travel regime, I ended up getting around eighty puzzle pieces over the last three weeks. Maybe, at the end of the first year, I'd actually have all the sets done!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Dizzy_Boy

Nintendo needs to shift their butts and send out some puzzles to us European 3DS owners.
Also, there's an unofficial 3DS streetpass event at the ritzy cinema in Brixton, London on the 23rd of this month. Be sure to attend if you can.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

TwilightV

Got a hit while watching the beginning of Django Unchained. Scored another special piece for Super Mario 3D Land.

TwilightV

Jazzer94

I don't think so, I was able to finish all the puzzle panels released in the UK by going to things like EuroGamer Expo and Nintendo hosted events.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Klimbatize

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

Is there any way to get pink pieces besides streetpass? If not, who gets them in the first place?

I'm curious. Thanks.

That's what I've wondered. Do random people get pink pieces with a new puzzle? How do pink pieces get into circulation to begin with?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.