3DS Forum

Topic: New Spotpass Puzzle! 3DS Puzzle Swap

Showing 161 to 180 of 254

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

161. Posted:

Its so weird to hear of people in other countries not being able to finish ANY of the puzzles. Like I've said before, it all depends on where you are, and the 3DS was of course made by Nintendo, a Japanese company, and being in Japan is a very different experience when you own one.

For example, I have every single puzzle finished, and I have had them finished since November. The last pair of puzzles came out on the 8th of November, and by the 10th I was finished with the Kirby puzzle, and I had finished the Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) puzzle by the 15. I was visiting Shinjuku the day after the Kirby puzzle came out, and I got all the pink pieces halfway through my trip there. In Japan there is such a large amount of people with 3DSs, and since the amount of people in the center of Tokyo is so large, if there's even half of a 40 piece puzzle that has pink pieces, I would say you can finish the entire thing within a few hours of walking around unless you constantly check your system, and travel around the entertainment districts, in which case you can finish it even quicker.

It took me a few extra days to finish the Animal Crossing puzzles since I wasn't traveling, and I live in a rather countryside seaside town about 2 hours from Tokyo, but even with that I finished the puzzle in about a week. So please, don't blame Nintendo for the system in which the puzzles come out. If anything, regions outside of Japan should have had a different system for getting the pink pieces, but in Japan you can finish it really quickly even if you live in a really out of the way area.

So, for me, I've had the puzzles finished for about 2 and a half months, and am sitting here waiting for a new one since the middle of November.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

162. Posted:

I've noticed 3 places where I usually get streetpass hits & usually at night like in the evening:

Walmart
Giant Eagle
The Mall - Food Court

I don't know why but usually when I go to though places in the evening I usually get a streetpass hit & it seems to be increasing at least in my area. I got a new puzzle this past friday for streetpass plaza rythm heaven fever & a pink puzzle peice.

When I streetpass I try to take a puzzle peice for a puzzle I don't have yet so I have more puzzles to do later. So far that idea has worked pretty good so far. I don't go to conventions for games. Would love to but just to far out of the way for driving etc. But yeah have been getting more streetpass hits lately. Still taking for 3ds every where I go even if it includes going to to restroom in a store or restraunt. :)

Don't give up taking your 3ds out places. I'm sure with luigi's mansion & animal crossing coming on the 3ds more people will get a 3ds for those two games if no other games at all.

I could technically finish the puzzles with play coins but I heard animal crossing 3ds uses play coins so been saving my play coins for animal crossing - 3ds :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

163. Posted:

I almost never get Streetpasses. It was only recently I finished OoT 3D, and it's been over a year since I first got it, AND that's the only Pink Piece Puzzle I've ever completed.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Zach777

164. Posted:

Brain Age puzzle where art thou? Your counterpart game was released yesterday...

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

165. Posted:

i live out in the country so i rarely get a streetpass except with my son. The only time I get a streetpass is at a parade or if i go to peterborough or something.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

166. Posted:

The only reason I managed to finish a few puzzles with pink pieces is because one time I went to a board game convention (don't remember what it was called). But beyond that, even when I do get StreetPass, nobody ever has pink pieces.

@Tsuchinoko So in other words, if most of us want to complete our puzzles, we need to visit Japan? ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

167. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

The only reason I managed to finish a few puzzles with pink pieces is because one time I went to a board game convention (don't remember what it was called). But beyond that, even when I do get StreetPass, nobody ever has pink pieces.

@Tsuchinoko So in other words, if most of us want to complete our puzzles, we need to visit Japan? ;)

Well, no, I was just responding to people saying that it was a mistake for Nintendo having the system for acquiring pink pieces be though connecting with other 3DS owners out in the real world.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

168. Posted:

In Australia I can walk around the CBD in Sydney for a good hour and get anywhere between 1 and 5 streetpass hits. Oddly, every second person I meet has ~10 or so puzzles completed, so I have no idea how they do that.

On the other hand, uni's starting soon and that means walking around the CBD for 3-4 days every week. I might actually finish one of these puzzles now :)

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

169. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

In Australia I can walk around the CBD in Sydney for a good hour and get anywhere between 1 and 5 streetpass hits. Oddly, every second person I meet has ~10 or so puzzles completed, so I have no idea how they do that.

On the other hand, uni's starting soon and that means walking around the CBD for 3-4 days every week. I might actually finish one of these puzzles now :)

See! Even outside of Japan it depends on where you are :)

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

170. Posted:

Yeah it is true it depends where you live really. Like I'm in the US (North America) sometimes I get people who are new who only have 1 or 2 puzzles & other times I get people who have 10 or 15 puzzles & completed. Most of the people I've streetpassed have alot of new puzzles I don't have so I always try to take a puzzle peice for a puzzle I don't have yet. If I really want to finish the puzzles I just use my play coins it's not that big of deal to use the play coins for puzzle swap there meant for both puzzle swap & find mii & other 3ds games that use play coins. :) Every body I've streetpassed for most part has pink peices almost everybody... alot of people I've streetpassed do I still take a puzzle peice though for puzzle i don't have because I want to collect alot of the puzzles I can always go back to them later with play coins. The pink peices are cool but there just not a big issue for me as for collecting goes.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

171. Posted:

I live in the US and have managed to complete all of my puzzles, even acquiring the pink pieces. Here are some quick tips on how I did it, and I suggest you all do the same.

Slowly drive by bus stops in the morning that have a lot of kids. I've found you increase your chances of getting someone else's 3DS near yours if you dangle candy out your car window as you pass by these stops.

Walk around schools whenever you can. Recess is a great opportunity to be super close to a bunch of youngsters who may also own a 3DS. Don't get bogged down with conversation with any of them, just slowly walk between all the playground equipment and don't leave any grain of sand unturned!

If possible, walk up and down the hallways of schools. I wear a trenchcoat because the one I own has a pocket that fits my 3DS perfectly, nice and snug.

Using these few tried-and-true techniques, you all will surely complete all of those puzzles.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Boidoh

172. Posted:

Why does it take so long for the streetpass green light to appear. I streetpassed with my friend (no pink pieces btw) and it too, at least two minutes for the light to appear.

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

173. Posted:

Krimbatize wrote:

I live in the US and have managed to complete all of my puzzles, even acquiring the pink pieces. Here are some quick tips on how I did it, and I suggest you all do the same.

Slowly drive by bus stops in the morning that have a lot of kids. I've found you increase your chances of getting someone else's 3DS near yours if you dangle candy out your car window as you pass by these stops.

Walk around schools whenever you can. Recess is a great opportunity to be super close to a bunch of youngsters who may also own a 3DS. Don't get bogged down with conversation with any of them, just slowly walk between all the playground equipment and don't leave any grain of sand unturned!

If possible, walk up and down the hallways of schools. I wear a trenchcoat because the one I own has a pocket that fits my 3DS perfectly, nice and snug.

Using these few tried-and-true techniques, you all will surely complete all of those puzzles.

For some reason these don't sound like good ideas for people over 25... ;)

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Zach777

174. Posted:

The Brain Age puzzle isn't coming to the U.S. I e-mailed Nintendo USA and their rep said it isn't happening, sorry.

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

175. Posted:

Japan- Finishing Streetpass panels hours after recieving them.
Rest of the World- Finishing Streetpass panels by the end of the system life.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

176. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Krimbatize wrote:

@Wingedfish

Yeah I agree with you. I'm 25 & graduated back in 2007 from high school the last thing I want to do is go back to school just to get streetpass hits.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Osui

177. Posted:

How do i get new puzzle? I saw alot people got the Fire emblem puzzle, but I don't get it. How's it work? Do i have to complete old puzzle first ?

FC: 3110 - 4797 - 0564
Pokemon Y Safari : Ground

Looking for Sneasel Safari. Please PM ME

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4797-0564 | Twitter: Osui818

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

178. Posted:

Intrepid wrote:

Japan- Finishing Streetpass panels hours after recieving them.
Rest of the World- Finishing Streetpass panels by the end of the system life.

Pretty much, the only exceptions being those of us lucky enough to go to various gaming conventions for more then once a year, or ever.

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

179. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Krimbatize wrote:

@Wingedfish

Yeah I agree with you. I'm 25 & graduated back in 2007 from high school the last thing I want to do is go back to school just to get streetpass hits.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

<.<
>.>
<.<

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

180. Posted:

Osui wrote:

How do i get new puzzle? I saw alot people got the Fire emblem puzzle, but I don't get it. How's it work? Do i have to complete old puzzle first ?

@Osui

Sometimes through spotpass nintendo sending new puzzles or through streetpass if you pass someone & they have a puzzle you don't you can take a puzzle peice for a new puzzle. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Colors 3D! My Gallery